frame
Check out our new "Formal" Debating!

Science is wonderful.

Opening Argument

andyandy 10 Pts
Life is change via science.
agsr

Arguments

• I agree that science is driving change in our lives.  Given how science (if you include technology as part of science) has transformed our life expectancy and quality of life.  The pace of change will exponentially accelerate over this century with robotics, biotech, cognitive computing.  Our lives between now and next 50 years will be contrasted as Amish community vs us today.
    andy
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 750 Pts
    It really depends on your definition of science. If by science, you mean:
    a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses; 
    I'm with you.

If by science you mean: We come from monkeys, who came from stars a few Brazilian years ago because we say so, I'd have to politely disagree.
    andyagsr
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.