frame

What do you think of Conspiracy theories?

Opening Argument

agsragsr 601 Pts
People have mixed feelings about conspiracy theories.  We have seen quite a few on this site, from Earth is Flat to dinosaurs being fake. How do you feel about it?
CuriousGeorgeale5Erfisflatpassedbilljoecavalry
  1. What do you think of Conspiracy theories?

25 votes
    1. They are entertaining
      20.00%
    2. They are intriguing
      16.00%
    3. They are annoying
      36.00%
    4. Many of them are real
      24.00%
    5. I don't care one way or the other
        4.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Arguments

• I enjoy the conspiracy theories, especially I think that @Erfisflati is doing a great job! I don't personally believe in these theories, but find many of them entertaining and I like how he challenges conventional views (with attempts of presenting evidence).   
    Erfisflatkmelkevolution17
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 753 Pts
    edited July 2
    The fact that alternative views have been labeled conspiracy theory, and over time, the media has given this term a derogatory meaning is conspiracy fact. The idea that two or more people can meet in secret to devise a nefarious plot shouldn't be dismissed, especially without examining the evidence.
    passedbill
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

I'm working on a few now, which would you guys like to learn about next?

1. JFK 
    2. Christopher Columbus
    3. Sandy Hook
    4. Chemtrails and weather manipulation 
    5. Other?
    passedbill
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

• Conspiracy theories have been promoted and demoted by the news media.

Promoted, because they be having guests come on who seem to have their own conspiracy theories and share it throughout the network.

Demoted, because consiracies seem to be counted as fraud.
  • @Erfisflat So you create conspiracy theories? Are they based on your beliefs, or do you write them for fun?
    @Erfisflat So you create conspiracy theories? Are they based on your beliefs, or do you write them for fun?
    I don't create, I research. No claim should be dismissed without first examining the evidence.
    DawnBringerRiven

• Erfisflat said:
    I'm working on a few now, which would you guys like to learn about next?

1. JFK 
    2. Christopher Columbus
    3. Sandy Hook
    4. Chemtrails and weather manipulation 
    5. Other?
    I will go for Columbus and JFK.
    Live Long and Prosper
    @agsr

JFK is easy. The kill shot shooter is in the video. Reeeaaal close range.

• @Erfisflat  No I agree, as long as you show me evidence for any claim I'll believe it.
    Erfisflat
    @Erfisflat  No I agree, as long as you show me evidence for any claim I'll believe it.
    Even the shape of the earth?

edited August 28

Boston bombings  

• 9/11 No planes, secret energy and other theories 
    • Reptilian and the anunaki
    • Sandy hook
    • Vaccinations and big pharmacy
    • The Fed and the international banking system
    • Fema camps, gun control, and the coming war against the people
    • Satanism, jesuits, freemasonry, and the illuminati 
    • Mind control 
    • The bible: exposing TPTB
    • Public schooling and indoctrination 
    • Msm, fake news and psychological warfare
    • Bill hicks/Alex Jones and other dopplegangers 
    • Young earth
    • Nuclear weapons the 20th century cartoon swindle
    • World politics and the WWE
    • Anarchy 
    • Voting
    • Time does not exist
    • Natural cures for cancer and other illnesses 
    • Divide and conquer
    • Astrology
    • Electric universe
    • Shadow people
    • Obe's
    • Ufos
    • Ancient history, giants, and artifacts
    • Current events and opinions
    • Transhumanism (human+)- the attack on God
    EvidenceCYDdharta

• Conspiracy theories are conspiracy theories.
    I believe that Erfisflat and his allies are conspiring, to deceive all good sensible folk on debateisland.com.
    kmelkevolution17WakeOswald_Mosley
      I believe that Erfisflat and his allies are conspiring, to deceive all good sensible folk on debateisland.com.

You also believe the earth is a spinning ball for no good reason too, so, who cares what you believe. 
    Oswald_Mosley

• Erfisflat said:

You also believe the earth is a spinning ball for no good reason too, so, who cares what you believe. 

Hello Erfisflat.

Debating would be much less fun without you.
    Wouldn't it be boring if everyone agreed on everything?
    kmelkevolution17Oswald_Mosley
    You also believe in the ball because you pretend you never got answers to basic questions.
    Oswald_Mosley
    You also believe in the ball because you pretend you never got answers to basic questions.

Answer the basic questions and I will stop believing.
    joecavalrykmelkevolution17Oswald_Mosley
  • Erfisflat said:

Hello Erfisflat.

Debating would be much less fun without you.
    Wouldn't it be boring if everyone agreed on everything?
    Agreed, but it's not as fun when people are dismissive and ignore arguments. 

Which I have done. 

Which I have done even tho you are ignoring the responses. 
    joecavalrykmelkevolution17
  • I don't believe that conspiracy theories, or most of them are true. 

They are created with little evidence to back the claims.

kmelkevolution17Oswald_Mosley
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • I don't believe that conspiracy theories, or most of them are true. 

They are created with little evidence to back the claims.

The flat earth has hundreds of proofs.
    CYDdhartaEvidenceOswald_Mosley

• I think that many of the theories could be real, I mean they straight up admitted to MK Ultra.

I think part of the problem of conspiracy theories debunkers or the act of debunking conspiracy theories is - 1. The association of crazy people to conspiracies. 2 - The ridicule. 3 - The complete disregard that any conspiracy theory could be true. These tactics of "debunking" are just ad-hominems and in my opinion 1 - We shouldn't insult people who are taking the time out of their day to think about the issues. 2 - Let's say that I create something truly unreasonable if someone were to insult me without hearing me out, I would develop an obligation to sticking to my argument. So insulting "conspiracy" theorists will just damage the situation.
    ErfisflatEvidence
  • I believe that conspiracy theories are not true. @fredsnephew , conspiracy theories are not backed with true evidence or a large if any amount of it.
    CYDdhartaOswald_Mosley