frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPhone is better than Android

agsragsr 447 PtsPremium Member
edited July 12 in Technology
I used to carry a blackberry for awhile and initially resisted the iPhone switch.  Now that I've been in the Apple ecosystem for a few years, I will argue that Apple is better than Android phones. 
The key drivers for me:
1) great selection of apps
2) interface that just works, and no need for instructions.

Happy to be persuaded otherwise.
joecavalry
  1. iPhone vs Android7 votes
    1. IPhone
      42.86%
    2. Android
      57.14%
Live Long and Prosper

Comments

• ImbsterImbster 77 Pts
    edited July 12
    Personal experience isn't really something to argue with but I'd just like to share also. Android has an open source operating system and I find it easier to crack. Which I guess is piracy in your country.

I have not tried an iPhone but my parents have one each and the android that I have repeatedly abused and overcharged lasts longer than theirs. And this is perfectly reasonable because, Their phones were iPhone 7's so I will use it as an example, it has a non-removable battery Lithium-ion 1960 mAh battery(lower value less battery life) and mine was 4000 mAh battery. I've had my eyes now on the Cloudfone Next because it is under 10k Php and what I've noticed is that phones beyond 10k Php always have better processors so yes that iPhone 7 has a 2.34 Ghz Quad-Core top it off with good RAM and internal mems you have quite a gameplay.

http://www.techpinas.com/2017/01/best-android-smartphones-below-php.html
    I am to conclude the battery is simply a bit too low to compete with androids.

iPhone 7 specs
    http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_7-8064.php
    Plus version
    http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_7_plus-8065.php

The plus version is really an upgrade for battery at 2900 mAh but most androids now are at 4000+ mAh

I have been with a very crappy Lenovo A5000 for a long time but I can still play NBA Live Mobile.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/lenovo_a5000-7167.php

If we were to talk about just purely aesthetic I'd concede to iPhone.
    agsr
  • agsragsr 447 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    @Imbster, these are valid points.
    I agree that ability to root (hack) the phone, and potentially battery maybe superior in android.  It is a good option for DYI enthusiasts.
    However, apps and as you said overall esthetics are better in iPhone.
    for mainstream users iPhone is still a better option.
    Imbster
    Live Long and Prosper
  • ImbsterImbster 77 Pts
    @agsr

Haha I find it easier to commit piracy with android thanks to the open source OS. I don't have to spend dollars for songs or games perhaps e-books too.
    Erfisflat
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 138 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    @Imbster, for those whose goal is piracy..sure, android is better.
    Imbsterlove2debate
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • ale5ale5 112 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    A good reason for android is to avoid vendor lock in. Apple locks down the device and ecosystem. For example, on android you can install apps such as Kodi to enable streaming with lots of content.  Also, android app store is much easier to get into vs apple requires a larger fee.
    CYDdharta
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • Android is wait better than Apple.  Why would you want to lock yourself into Apple, when Android is so much more open, has better selection of phones, and gives you more control?
    CYDdhartaErfisflat
  • agsragsr 447 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    @ChangeMyView and @ale5,
    while good points regarding vendor lock in and it's true that some apps are only available on Android, overall apps quality on apple is higher and user experience is still better.  
    Also, on apple I can also get AirPods that are far better than any other ear pods.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • iPhone has much higher standard, a better OS, better hardware, much higher content standard for the App Store etc.
    agsr