frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Was Facebook right to shut down right leaning employee chat room?

Opening Argument

agsragsr 539 PtsPremium MemberTechnology Community Moderator

Facebook shut down conservative-leaning employee chat room, report says

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/08/16/facebook-shut-down-conservative-leaning-employee-chat-room-report-says.html
Facebook shut down an online chat room for employees to speak anonymously last year -- after right-leaning discussion about the 2016 election turned heated and alarmed company management, according to a report on Wednesday.
CEO Mark Zuckerberg shut the group down a month after the election and claimed employees used it to harass people, the news outlet added.
therep
  1. ?

4 votes
    1. Yes
      25.00%
    2. No
      75.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Arguments

• SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 488 PtsPremium Member
    edited August 17 Premium Member
    While they're allowed to do, It was a terrible decision and proves facebook is becoming an echo chamber. Facebook was already caught banning people and pages just having right-wing opinions and censoring them. 
    therep
    "Yes I seriously said that. Yes I think mountains are curvature"
    "Refusal to provide evidence of my claim or address an opposition's argument against my claim means I'm a liar? You sure you want to take that position? ROFL"
    "I couldn't address your arguments so I insulted you"
    "Rahu doesn't exist because Erfisflat said black holes don't exist"
    spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam spam
  • thereptherep 51 Pts
    Facebook, Google etc. are political companies and that affects the environment completely.