frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Why does it go dark at night?

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Zzz you probably don't even fully understand your model. Are you aware of the glaring flaws in it? @CYDdharta
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    Zzz
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Zzz
    LOL, while you're waiting, why don't you find an accurate flat-Earth model?  Maybe you'll find it under a spaghetti-tree that a unicorn calls home.
    BaconToesErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    Reduced to irrelevant drivel, noted. You conceded altogether now.
    BaconToesSilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    CYDdharta said:
    Erfisflat said:
    At 8:34 in the video, we can see with practical experimentation how the sun can go down over the horizon on a flat earth. @CYDdharta seems to have turned a blind eye, but those of us who haven't strapped on our blinders can see. Mainstream science claims the same effect happens on a ball earth, but they claim it causes the sun to appear higher in the sky, which is pseudoscientific unless they can support the claim with practical experimentation. 

http://www.hko.gov.hk/m/article_e.htm?title=ele_00493

This proves that a ball earth isn't necessary for the sun to "go down" at night.
    Explain the experiment.  Is that a clear pitcher filled with water or some other fluid?
    Sorry, I just saw this post. The liquid is water, as in what is present in the atmosphere. I thought this was obvious. Regardless, the effect it causes is refraction, and it proves my point.

Wayne Dyer
    The fact that we can see a full moon during the day refutes the heliocentric model. 

Wayne Dyer
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1833 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Sorry, I just saw this post. The liquid is water, as in what is present in the atmosphere. I thought this was obvious. Regardless, the effect it causes is refraction, and it proves my point.
    Ah, so you might have a point if we were fish.  Nevermind, even that wouldn't do it, just as your experiment wouldn't work if you put the ball on a pedestal or hung it from a string, you know, like the sun thousands (millions for the scientifically literate) of miles above the Earth.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat You can sea a full moon in the day? Are you sure? Am not sure I believe you. In your flat earth model how does moon cycles work? The globe model says you should sea the moon in the same part of it's cycle but it seems as if your model shows the moon in a different part of it's cycle in different places on earth. I am assuming your model put's the moon above the Earths atmosphere.
  • brontoraptorbrontoraptor 123 Pts   -  
    @Fredsnephew @Erfisflat

Why does it go dark at night? My theory is Rosie Odonnel 's shadow...
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    So the Illuminati can watch us from the Dark Side of the moon.

Eye of Horus shines form the moon you ever notice?
    Erfisflat
    CYDdharta said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ah, so you might have a point if we were fish.  Nevermind, even that wouldn't do it, just as your experiment wouldn't work if you put the ball on a pedestal or hung it from a string, you know, like the sun thousands (millions for the scientifically literate) of miles above the Earth.
    Don't know how I messed this. Are you claiming that the sun could not possibly be refracted? Even the heliocentric model recognizes this trivial fact. 

Wayne Dyer