frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We live on a flat plane

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 659 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    @PowerPikachu21

There are pictures and eyewitness acounts of the ice wall all over Google now. There are zero videos of the full earth spinning from space, yet you believe that without question. You ever seen a black hole? Me neither. I'll bet you believe that horsesh!t too.

"[Also, I think the smoke from the train does move a bit, but the fact that it's so light and possibly air friction makes it unable to keep its forward momentum for long. And inertia/momentum does exist, as well as air friction, as it's what makes a ball slow down when rolling forward. Keep in mind air isn't very sturdy or dense so it won't act like a wall.]"

So why isn't this smoke stack affected by inertia/momentum and air friction? Could it be that there is no motion of the earth?

PowerPikachu21namemcname
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

• If we live on a flat plane.
    How come I'm able to dig a hole in my garden?
    SilverishGoldNovafeaErfisflat
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 709 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    If we live on a flat plane.
    Because nobody was ever arguing that the Earth was paper flat. 
    ErfisflatfeaWoodenWood
  • Google Definitions gives the best definition of "edge"; "the outside limit of an object, area, or surface; a place or part farthest away from the center of something". It doesn't matter if we're inside a dome. It doesn't matter if we're surrounded by ice. By basic logic and definitions, there must be an edge; an area where the Earth stops. If there isn't an edge, then this means we must live on an infinite plane, which I think even you guys doubt. This should be the last time I clarify that there must be an edge, otherwise we'd be living on an infinite plane. (That, or a sphere. In that case, then there'd be no edge to find.)

So if there's no edge, then what do we call the area where the Earth stops? If there is an area where the Earth stops, then how come I haven't seen any photos? If we do live on an infinite plane, then what happens if I go far enough in one direction?
    SilverishGoldNovaErfisflat
    I mean if you're that OCD about the most basic of the flat Earth then is circular a good alternative? 

What do you mean. Circular?
    As an alternative to what?
    The proposition is. We live on a flat plane.
    A flat plane is an infinite, two dimensional extent.
    edited August 25 Premium Member
    I mean if you're that OCD about the most basic of the flat Earth then is circular a good alternative? 

Just considering you don't understand the basics of the flat Earth and think the Earth is paper flat in our model, is circular earth a good alternative name for the model for you? 
    feanamemcnameErfisflat
    Premium Member
    @PowerPikachu21 Oh right, there is an edge, it's called antarctica. 
    feaWoodenWoodnamemcnameErfisflat
  • Again, the Antarctic wall as shown. Looking at it again, it seems to be a remotely straight line, looking in the distance, it curves inward. How do I know this isn't just some ice block you found? If you say NASA fakes images, am I not able to question your sources? (I also acknowledge that you're not certain about whether the Earth ends or not. Or you know I'm pushing you into a corner.)

Also, does anything lie on the other side of this ice block? If it's more ice, you could just say an infinite plane of ice exists, which I doubt is your proposition. I'd like a top down view of this. Taken from a hot air balloon with a camera, no photoshopping preferably. I'm sure you could get someone to do that.
    Premium Member
    Again, the Antarctic wall as shown. Looking at it again, it seems to be a remotely straight line, looking in the distance, it curves inward. How do I know this isn't just some ice block you found? If you say NASA fakes images, am I not able to question your sources? (I also acknowledge that you're not certain about whether the Earth ends or not. Or you know I'm pushing you into a corner.)

Also, does anything lie on the other side of this ice block? If it's more ice, you could just say an infinite plane of ice exists, which I doubt is your proposition. I'd like a top down view of this. Taken from a hot air balloon with a camera, no photoshopping preferably. I'm sure you could get someone to do that.
    Again, the Antarctic wall as shown. Looking at it again, it seems to be a remotely straight line, looking in the distance, it curves inward. How do I know this isn't just some ice block you found? If you say NASA fakes images, am I not able to question your sources? (I also acknowledge that you're not certain about whether the Earth ends or not. Or you know I'm pushing you into a corner.)

If there is an end of the world it's a dome.

Also, NASA admits that all of their images except for the moon landings are fake, and the moon landings have been debunked, and so has airplane curvature.

Responding to you is just getting annoying to be quite honest.
    feaWoodenWood
  • Could I get a link to NASA admitting they're frauds? If they are faking, why would they admit to it? Also, I don't think you'll give me the picture I want, so I'll let you be on your way.
    Erfisflat
    Premium Member
    @PowerPikachu21

"https://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/about/people/RSimmon.html"

"The last time anyone took a photo... 1972... Moon landings"

Now, do you need more proof and/or me to debunk the moon landings for you? 
    feaWoodenWood
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 174 Pts
    edited August 26
    Pardon me, the Antarctic Wall. Hot air balloon, no editing. Top down view.
    Erfisflat
    Premium Member
    Pardon me, the Antarctic Wall. Hot air balloon, no editing. Top down view.
    There isn't any. 
    feanamemcname
    Premium Member
    @PowerPikachu21 You really want a picture from thousands of miles in the air showing all of Antarctica? 
    namemcname
  • @PowerPikachu21 You really want a picture from thousands of miles in the air showing all of Antarctica? 
    That would certainly seal your argument, yes.
    fea
    Premium Member
    @PowerPikachu21 You really want a picture from thousands of miles in the air showing all of Antarctica? 
    That would certainly seal your argument, yes.
    Probably but, there isnt any. 
    feanamemcname
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 659 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    @PowerPikachu21 you can't get far enough away.
    namemcname
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

Premium Member
    @PowerPikachu21 Now, the questions are gonna get harder.... do you have any more questions? 
    feanamemcname

Just considering you don't understand the basics of the flat Earth and think the Earth is paper flat in our model, is circular earth a good alternative name for the model for you? 

Ok fine.
    But your admission to making false statements, completely debunks your opening proposition.
    So isn't best to give up on this particular approach to flat Earth theory?

SilverishGoldNovaErfisflatnamemcname
    Premium Member
    @SilverishGoldNova can you explain ships over the horizon? 
    You know, I'm really getting tired of explaining the most basic things to literally everyone who has posted in this thread. But sure, I can explain.

If you grab a pair of binoculars and zoom in you can see the ship. Why do they appear to disappear? They don't disappear over curvature, they disappear due to perspective. 
    WoodenWoodnamemcname
    Premium Member
    As for spam.
    Spam is a particularly distasteful meat based, processed foodstuff.
    Yuk!
    Well theres something we can agree on. 
    WoodenWood
    edited August 27 Premium Member
    Erfisflat said:

"Straw Man fallacies.
    Present them with simple, logical rational argument and they ignore it completely."

That is called cherry picking, and this entire conversation is a strawman.

Ok fine.
    But your admission to making false statements, completely debunks your opening proposition.
    So isn't best to give up on this particular approach to flat Earth theory?

"But your admission to making false statements, completely debunks your opening proposition."

I believe we have a strawman fallacy. 
    All of the flat earthers debates on this site could be considered as Straw Man fallacies.
    Present them with simple, logical rational argument and they ignore it completely.

So instead of admitting your fallacy you will just accuse us of using fallacies then proceed to use hasty generalization?

And now it seems explaining a fallacy is a fallacy to Coveny. There's a difference between where you used constant ad hom fallacies and admit to it (then accuse us of using strawman and cherrypicking after cutting out our sentences so we look stupid, combined with generalization fallacies), and when I explain someone elses fallacy. How about that 
    WoodenWood
  • CovenyCoveny 394 Pts
    @SilverishGoldNova can you explain ships over the horizon? 
    The answer they will eventually give you is perspective, refraction, and mirroring. They'll have no problem quoting what the curvature should be, and saying how the ship shouldn't be seen at all as "proof" even though the height of the observer makes a HUGE difference. You'll come to find everything they can't explain with science is perspective and refraction magic. Reason the sun "sets" perspective and refraction. Reason we don't see the sun fade away if it's low and dim as they say... perspective and refraction. The bottom of ships, towers, buildings, etc disappearing first... perception and refraction. Through the magic of perception and refraction all things are possible in the flat earth world.... even things perception and refraction can't do. (like hide a light source)
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    edited August 28 Premium Member

I thought you said Erfisflat started the insults. I didn't use insults but you decided to direct them at me whenever I brought up an argument you couldn't pretend to refute with a basic cliche answer. I know it's not in this discussion but there's still a difference between where you used constant ad hom fallacies and admit to it (then accuse us of using strawman and cherrypicking after cutting out our sentences so we look stupid, combined with generalization fallacies), and when I explain someone elses fallacy.

@Coveny

Otherwise you can explain what fallacies I used in those 2 posts.
    WoodenWoodnamemcname
  • Fact is.
    Flat Earthers can't explain the basic everyday functions of their flat Earth theory.
    I continually present them with the simplest of questions. Which they can only respond to with pretty pictures  and undefined statements.

As I stated before. I don't think for one minute, anyone actually believes that they live on a flat Earth.

I rather think, that it is all an exercise in antagonism.

And of course it's a fun way to while away the time!

CovenySilverishGoldNovaErfisflat