frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We live on a flat plane

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 658 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Fact is.
    Flat Earthers can't explain the basic everyday functions of their flat Earth theory.
    I continually present them with the simplest of questions. Which they can only respond to with pretty pictures  and undefined statements.

As I stated before. I don't think for one minute, anyone actually believes that they live on a flat Earth.

I rather think, that it is all an exercise in antagonism.

And of course it's a fun way to while away the time!

I answered all of your concerns on 2 instances. You just keep ignoring that and pretending like you're waiting on me. 
    Covenynamemcname
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

Premium Member
    Fact is.
    Flat Earthers can't explain the basic everyday functions of their flat Earth theory.
    I continually present them with the simplest of questions. Which they can only respond to with pretty pictures  and undefined statements.

As I stated before. I don't think for one minute, anyone actually believes that they live on a flat Earth.

Want me to copy it over to here too?
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

• SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 709 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Fact is.

As much as globe Earthers wish the flat Earth was a joke so they wouldn't have to construct legitimate arguments, it isn't. I have responded to all of your basic and random questions but when I give you an inconvenient response you always say I'm using a fallacy or "the flat Earth is a joke".
    WoodenWoodnamemcname
    edited August 28 Premium Member
    @Coveny So instead of explaining our fallacy, you wrote me a lovely letter. Reading through this whole lovely letter, it seems you have almost done nothing but use insults

While simultaneously calling me stupid because of religion then you and said I was a "piece of " who deserved to die for believing in a "" religion

Again

Not to mention

Can't you see this is why you're losing 35-0 in the second quarter?

And if you were here the whole time to provoke us into an emotional response (aka trolling)

Looks like it backfired buddy. 

Remember what Michael Jordan told you. 

CovenyfeaWoodenWoodnamemcname
    Premium Member
    I know I live on a flat earth.
    CovenyWoodenWoodnamemcnameSilverishGoldNova

@Coveny So I'm a "piece of " who lacks empathy because I believe in a flat Earth? I'm confused, I'm trying to get down to your level of fallacious bullcrap but it's difficult. 
    WoodenWoodnamemcname
  • CovenyCoveny 394 Pts
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    @SilverishGoldNova I'm getting really tired of how often you guys change this from a debate to a he said she said, attacks, ridicule, repetition, failed semantics and science. Oh so very tired. You created a new thread for the same debate, tag me in it, and then want to start over? Seriously? After 14 pages of me making you guys look like fools you want to start over and try again, so you invite me back for round two, and you want to act like the slate is clean, and I'm supposed to just focus on this thread even though it's the exact same topic with the exact same three preachers preaching their flat earth pseudoscience and conspiracy BS. If you guys actually wanted to debate you would put forth facts, but you don't you ridicule, insult, and state something close like it answers the question and everyone else is stupid for not "getting it". You three are religious buddies pushing your theists view in the thinly veiled disguise of pseudoscience. You can stay equal on smack talk and he said she said bulls*** though can't you? So that's where you play your games at. If you had any facts that's what you would be presenting... but you don't so you talk about NASA, and the UN, and everyone is in on these GLOBE conspiracies when Clinton can't even get a BJ without it being found out. Really? Russia, China, the rest of the world that HATES us is in on it...You believe this though. You believe in gods. You believe god created everything. You believe in an afterlife. All of this because you lack critical THINKING skills. Because your parents indoctrinated you, and you are trying so so so very hard to force reality into your fantasy. You might not be burning witches at the stake, but that's only because athiest have brought enough sanity to the world where you theists actually get punished for being pieces of s*** EVEN if the bible says so. So while you are in your death throws you lash out at science, because science keeps proving how full of s*** the bible and religions are, and you just can't handle that.
    ive not spoke about religion at all, unless I was addressing a religious question, so right there you've shown yourself a lying fool.
    You are only one of the three flat earth amigos, and if I'm such a fool why did you guys run from the other thread on this topic and create a new one? We went over everything for weeks, but you couldn't prove anything so you ran.

As for the lying part, I have caught you out right in what 3 or 4 lies at this point? ROFL Even if you did catch me in one (which you haven't) I still wouldn't be half the liar you have proven yourself to be.
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    @Coveny So instead of explaining our fallacy, you wrote me a lovely letter. Reading through this whole lovely letter, it seems you have almost done nothing but use insults

While simultaneously calling me stupid because of religion then you and said I was a "piece of " who deserved to die for believing in a "" religion

Again

Not to mention

Can't you see this is why you're losing 35-0 in the second quarter?

And if you were here the whole time to provoke us into an emotional response (aka trolling)

Looks like it backfired buddy. 

Remember what Michael Jordan told you. 

@Coveny  So you went from calling me stupid to calling me a "murderer" because I addressed your red herrings? . I'm sorry I killed your pet fish, but you have become so desperate it's not even funny. 
    WoodenWoodnamemcname
    fea said:
    @SilverishGoldNova It's spam because you and your friend Erfisflat ridicule people for disagreeing with them rather than address their arguments 
    It's actually spam because Coveny has decided to start flagging things he doesn't understand as spam. 
    And it seems you have decided to further prove @fea 's point @Coveny.
    feaWoodenWood
    Premium Member
    Also @Coveny we know you're trolling at this point. That, or just desperate. 
    feaCovenyWoodenWoodnamemcname
  • feafea 49 Pts
    I think you should stop responding to him. He's just going to flood this thread with insults and other fallacies or mark your comments as spam. He won't address your arguments. 
    SilverishGoldNovaErfisflatnamemcname
    Premium Member
    fea said:
    I think you should stop responding to him. He's just going to flood this thread with insults and other fallacies or mark your comments as spam. He won't address your arguments. 
    Not sure you can expect much else from the guy who claims to have debunked the FET by calling me stupid. 
    WoodenWood
  • CovenyCoveny 394 Pts
    fea said:
    Not sure you can expect much else from the guy who claims to have debunked the FET by calling me stupid. 
    I didn't debunk flat earth by calling you stupid, I debunked flat earth by showing how it's not possible, and then calling you stupid for not understanding it.
    SilverishGoldNovaErfisflat
    edited August 29 Premium Member
    @Coveny Atleast you're admitting the "I want attention" and the ad hom part. 

How it's not possible? Sure, if you consider a debunked entry level research video to be globe proof.
    WoodenWood
  • CovenyCoveny 394 Pts
    edited August 29
    @Coveny Atleast you're admitting the "I want attention" and the ad hom part. 

How it's not possible? Sure, if you consider a debunked entry level research video to be globe proof.
    And we're back to you not talking about the debate and continuing with the he said she said. I joined "the earth is flat" debate on page 4 with these 9 points

1) Time Zones – Flat earth rebuttal = Somehow the circle of light from the sun creates a time zone line from the north to south pole.Never addressed but keep getting told it was refuted. 

On the round earth light hits one full side of the globe creating a time zone line from the north to south pole

On the flat earth it is curved (in red) rather than a time zone line (green):

2) Coriolis Effect – Flat earth "rebuttal" look at toilets or puddles... but I'm talking about oceans where there aren't walls or plants or other objects to distort it. Never addressed but keep getting told it was refuted. 

3) Sun’s height – Flat earth "rebuttal" the sun's rotation move closer and further away from the north pole while speeding up and slowing down to maintain the 24hr days. What causes the sun's rotation to speed up and slow down, what causes the sun to move toward and away from the equator? Never addressed but keep getting told it was refuted. 

4) Star move – Flat earth "rebuttal" they flip because of the change in perspective. But this can easily be proven false by taping a picture on the wall and looking at it from every angle, it never flips, change which direction is down though, and the picture flips. Never addressed but keep getting told it was refuted. 

5) Horizon – Flat earth "rebuttal" pictures of boats, the sun, buildings all going below the horizon are because of "perception" and "refraction". Neither of which make light sources disappear, and if the sun was close and dim it should fade away as these street lamps do. Why doesn't the magic of perception and refraction block out these street lamps rather than them fading?  Never addressed but keep getting told it was refuted.

6) Magnets create globes not disks, just like everything else in nature.
    Flat earth "rebuttal" gravity is just magic... up is up and down is down. My response is well what makes up... up, and down... down other than magic?  Never addressed but keep getting told it was refuted.

7) In the history of our existence why has no one ever reported seeing an edge? (there have been numerous explorations of antarctica)
    Flat earth "rebuttal" U.N. patrols antarctica and the flights over antarctica that take the globe amount of time to fly between cities are because the maps are wrong. My response where is this MASSIVE fleet of ships? Who paid for it? If the maps are wrong where are the maps that are correct for the flat earth?  Never addressed but keep getting told it was refuted.

8) How does GPS work?
    Flat earth "rebuttal" there are towers that give you the GPS signal. My response then how does GPS work in the ocean?  Never addressed but keep getting told it was refuted.

9) How does gravity work? 
    Flat earth "rebuttal" the cavendish experiment has never been replicated, there's no proof gravity exists. My response I just posted two video of people replicating the experiment, one of which was a group of high school students.  Never addressed but keep getting told it was refuted. 

So if you ever decide you want to address any of these topics that you haven't addressed knock yourself out. If you want to continue with the smack talk, I'm game for that as well. (but it looks like the moderators are deleting posts at this point so that might not work so well) You want to start another thread and NOT tag me in so you can have your echo chamber, again knock yourself out. As long as I'm here though, I'll respond as I see fit to counter your anti-science posts.
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
    Premium Member
    @Coveny

So you want me to readdress these arguments?

WoodenWood
    Premium Member
    @SilverishGoldNova
    Explain to me what a "magnate" is while you're at it.

namemcname

@Coveny

He's just going to bury you in fallacies like he did me
    namemcname

Erfisflat said:
    @Coveny

Eh, true true.

"@SilverishGoldNova 
    Explain to me what a "magnate" is while you're at it.'

Did you mean to tag him.
  • CovenyCoveny 394 Pts
    @Coveny
    Yes I want you to ADDRESS them as I just stated.
    SilverishGoldNova
    Premium Member
    Coveny said:
    @Coveny
    Yes I want you to ADDRESS them as I just stated.
    Only problem they've already been addressed
    WoodenWood
  • CovenyCoveny 394 Pts
    Erfisflat said:
    @SilverishGoldNova
    Explain to me what a "magnate" is while you're at it.

Edited it and corrected that, I just copied and pasted from the original spelling error which I explained then but you seem to have forgotten.
    Premium Member
    Erfisflat said:
    @Coveny

Eh, true true.

"@SilverishGoldNova 
    Explain to me what a "magnate" is while you're at it.'

Did you mean to tag him.
    I'm tagging him as little as possible. 

• namemcnamenamemcname 26 Pts
    edited August 29
    So I just joined and this is one of the first things I see. Is this a joke? Are you trolling? 
    ErfisflatCovenySilverishGoldNova
    Premium Member
    So I just joined and this is one of the first things I see. Is this a joke? Are you trolling? 
    Oh great the Leave-fallacy-and-lol-reactions-on-everything-then-call-me-a-troll cycle again. No, it isn't a joke.