frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The eclipse debunks the globe/heliocentric model of the universe.

2»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Erfisflat said:
    "This portion of it that you bring up now is easy to understand. The moon moves west. The shadow moves west. What's the issue?"

The shadow, once again, moved from the northwest to the southeast in the eclipse. What's YOUR issue?

"Also if you don't like that one, there's also the earth's magnetic field; the explanation for which doesn't make sense in a stationary earth as it assumes a spherical earth with a molten core of metal which is moving and generating this magnetic field."

There are also magnets with a pole in the center and one a ring around it.

Oh and they took down the ae map I just figured out( wonder why?). No biggie, it has been recorded.

Erfisflat
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • AmpersandAmpersand 858 Pts   -  

Obviously incorrect model. Has the moon continuously on the opposite side of the earth from the sun when in fact it's position changes daily and you'll regularly be able to see it in the daytime and even quite close to the sun in relative position in the sky.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Globetards will be globetards..
    Pogue
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Fallacious arguments, just making baseless insults.

If you have actual criticisms of arguments then feel free to provide them.
    Ampersand said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Fallacious arguments, just making baseless insults.

If you have actual criticisms of arguments then feel free to provide them.
    Not worth the time, I point it out and you still cherry pick and dodge, grasp at straws. More competent people need my attention.
    SilverishGoldNova
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat

More baseless claims that you have not supported.
    Ampersand said:
    @Erfisflat

More baseless claims that you have not supported.
    I'm back, for a while anyway. Holidays are crazy. The claim, which you suggest is baseless is that you cherry picked my argument. The moon has never been observed to be moving in a SOUTHwest direction. You just keep repeating that the moon moves "to the west". Cherry picking.

Wayne Dyer
    @Ampersand
    "Also if you don't like that one, there's also the earth's magnetic field; the explanation for which doesn't make sense in a stationary earth as it assumes a spherical earth with a molten core of metal which is moving and generating this magnetic field."

Magnets lose their magnetism when heated.

Wayne Dyer
  • GhostyGhosty 60 Pts   -  
    I wonder... if I asked Erfisflat and SilverishGoldNova to go to the end of the Earth and see if it's really flat instead of staying at their homes typing away their flat-earth theories...would they say yes? Or would they say something about an ice wall and say it's too cold? Or another great excuse perhaps?
    Ghosty said:
    I wonder... if I asked Erfisflat and SilverishGoldNova to go to the end of the Earth and see if it's really flat instead of staying at their homes typing away their flat-earth theories...would they say yes? Or would they say something about an ice wall and say it's too cold? Or another great excuse perhaps?
    That wasn't funny the first time.

Wayne Dyer
  • GhostyGhosty 60 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @Erfisflat
    I wasn't trying to be funny. I was indirectly asking you a question. Would you go to the end of the world? Yes or no. Seriously.
    Ghosty said:
    @Erfisflat
    I wasn't trying to be funny. I was indirectly asking you a question. Would you go to the end of the world? Yes or no. Seriously.
    Several things prevent me personally from sneaking over to Antarctica. You're just trolling, so I won't bother humoring you.

Wayne Dyer