frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Debate

Would anti-atheists go to heaven?

Opening Argument

Occasionally, I see someone who takes God's teachings a bit too far. I respect theists, and I'm atheist, but you have to wonder if cramming god's teachings into an atheist mind is respected by god. Anti-atheists usually insult atheists and repeatedly call them helpless. I haven't encountered a specific example recently, but do you guys think anti-atheists would go to heaven, or is their loathing enough to deny heaven? [For the sake of this philosophical idea, we'll assume God and heaven exist.]
SilverishGoldNova
  1. Would an anti-atheist go to heaven?

2 votes
    1. Of course; God loves everyone. Everyone goes to heaven.
        0.00%
    2. Of course; the atheists need to see the truth. Any non-believer won't get heaven.
        0.00%
    3. No; they're being too rude to deserve heaven.
      100.00%
    4. Heaven's unreachable. No one can get in.
        0.00%

Arguments

• I'm going to start researching this. But what I do know is you basically have to allow Jesus/God to forgive your sins and try to not sin again. I'm reading a WikiHow, and it says a lot of acknowledging Jesus, but then Step 12 points to a quote, "Love thy neighbor as thyself". Considering Wrath is one of the 7 deadly sins, I think this is good advice. Lashing out just because I don't believe in Christ disrespects me, and probably considered a sin. If you continue insulting atheists, I think even Jesus has a limit. It also says to not break the Ten Commandments. I'll research other, better sites to see if an anti-atheist would be forgiven.

Here's the WikiHow I found: https://www.wikihow.com/Get-to-Heaven-(Christianity)