frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The Earth is flat and stationary

13»

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    CYDdharta said:

If you'd like to discuss any major points, I'd be delighted.
    LOL, the response is "I don't know, I never took that flight".
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    @Erfisflat I'd like to know how you explain distance differentiating on the disc Earth from the real Earth as explained in the video provided.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Hank said:
    @Erfisflat Ok but I didn't ask how many people had seen the Earth?
    You completely ignored the rest of the response. These are the people that are lying. The ones that claim to have seen the earth is a ball.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    CYDdharta said:
    Erfisflat said:
    CYDdharta said:

If you'd like to discuss any major points, I'd be delighted.
    LOL, the response is "I don't know, I never took that flight".
    What flight?
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat There are so many mathematical problems raised in the video provided by @CYDdharta that I'd like to see you address. 

• CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat Sydney  to Johannesburg
    Hank said:
    @Erfisflat There are so many mathematical problems raised in the video provided by @CYDdharta that I'd like to see you address. 

Explain one of them. I've offered a rebuttal response video to cool hard logics video. If you gents have a specific topic you'd like to discuss, please explain what the claim is, what evidence you have for this claim, and how it proves your position. And try to omit his ad him attacks. Otherwise If you're going to allow someone else to argue for you, this proves that you have NO good reason to believe the earth is a ball aside from his claims. The fact that you had to GOOGLE how to prove the flat earth wrong speaks volumes. Watch the response video if you haven't the time to formulate a proper and logical argument and I'll respond in kind. I've no time to respond to people that aren't here to defend themselves.

Wayne Dyer
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat Explain the issues regarding flight paths.
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat "The fact that you had to google to prove flat earth wrong speaks volumes."

Did you come up with your view point by listening to your science teachers in school?
    Hank said:
    @Erfisflat "The fact that you had to google to prove flat earth wrong speaks volumes."

Did you come up with your view point by listening to your science teachers in school?
    I came up with my viewpoint by measuring the earth. You?

Wayne Dyer
    You guys are coming up with your viewpoints by asking cool hard logic what he assumes flight paths would look like on a given map. This is far from measuring the earth.

Wayne Dyer
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat By measuring the Earth do you mean looking out at your man-made lake?

I came up with my viewpoint by evaluating the evidence presented by both parties. I consider the professional and educated opinion of countless astronomers and astrophysicists over several centuries to outweigh the opinion of a guy who's watched a few videos on the internet. 
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat No its not what he assumes. He is applying basic geometry to the model YOU people came up with. Again, you cannot disprove mathematics. 
    @hank said:
    "By measuring the Earth do you mean looking out at your man-made lake?"

Yes, this is called using the scientific method to determine whether water has any degree of curvature.

"I came up with my viewpoint by evaluating the evidence presented by both parties.

I am asking you to present that evidence now.

"I consider the professional and educated opinion of countless astronomers and astrophysicists over several centuries to outweigh the opinion of a guy who's watched a few videos on the internet."

Says the guy that presents evidence in the from of a video from the internet and says "refute that".
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
    @hank, no, he's not addressing any model that I came up with, because I have not come up a model. Cool hard logic is refuting a map, I didn't come up with the map. Had I been a cartographer or a pilot, I'd have some sort of rebuttal to HIS points.
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    Mathematical proofs are only as strong as their axioms. Any false axioms produce a false mathematical solution

Wayne Dyer
  • every celestial body ever discovered is a sphere, that for me is the single biggest piece of evidence. Also if the earth is flat please explain that north and southern hemispheres having opposite seasons.
    every celestial body ever discovered is a sphere, that for me is the single biggest piece of evidence. Also if the earth is flat please explain that north and southern hemispheres having opposite seasons.
    Happily. Celestial bodies are not necessarily spheres. The evidence for this claim is only put forth from the same people that put forth pictures of a spherical earth.  

Seasons. The sun goes on a circuit around the north pole. On our summer, the circuit is tighter around the pole. In our winter, it goes around a bigger circuit, giving the southern hemisphere their summer. It makes more sense on the proposed flat earth model than it does the spherical model and this is proved by looking at the sun analemma.

SilverishGoldNovaEmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    Erfisflat said:
    You guys are coming up with your viewpoints by asking cool hard logic what he assumes flight paths would look like on a given map. This is far from measuring the earth.
    CHL's videos consist mainly of strawmans, assumptions, and lies. He never attempts to refute the flat Earth, instead attempting to refute the map or the firmament based on... strawmans, assumptions or lies. He got a comment from SovietWomble. Thats about it.
    EmeryPearson
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    An observable law that Newton and most everyone else made and still does is that every action has and equal and opposite reaction. What is the equal and opposite reaction to the earth's motion? Essentially the question is, can you prove that the earth is spinning? It would be a first.
    EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
  • @Erfisflat are mars, venus, mercury, etc all flat
    @Erfisflat are mars, venus, mercury, etc all flat
    They're likely just points of light in the firmament. There is nothing conclusive saying that they are physical terra firma. I'm reminded of tycho brahes quote:
    "Now it is quite clear to me that there are no solid spheres in the heavens, and those that have been devised by the authors to save the appearances, exist only in the imagination."

EmeryPearson

Wayne Dyer
This Debate has been closed.

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
© 2023 DebateIsland.com, all rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch