frame

Miscegenation is not a good practice.

Opening Argument

I want someone to prove that miscegenation is a good practice because I do not believe it is.
northsouthkoreamelef
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." ~Gene Roddenberry

Arguments

• MissDMeanorMissDMeanor 98 Pts
    edited October 20
    My argument is that miscegenation is not a good practice, it is also not a bad practice. it is a practice that we should not be caring about. Please elaborate on how miscegenation is not a good practice. The founding principle of the US is that you should not care about what I do behind closed doors, I should not care what you do behind closed doors. The government has no place messing with marriage of other people, neither do we. Should we promote miscegenation, no, should we be against it, no.
    George_Horsemelef
  • @George_Horse, until 1968 there were laws against it and since it was declared unconstitutional to have laws that would prohibit it.  
    I would say that we are all part of humans race and should be able to do this across races and religions. There are many more things in common across races than differences, and also it diversifies our gene pool that makes it more resilient.
    While I fully respect your opinion, I would say that you have the burden of proof on that one to demonstrate why it's not a good practice

• Miscegenation is not a good practice. People should marry based on their race, religion, and ethnicity. This is due to possibly better offsprings, because of the similarities in race and the process. The laws which prohibit this should be removed due to their unnecessary use.
    George_Horsemelef
  • melefmelef 52 Pts
    Miscegenation is a good practice due to more diverse offsprings. The practice allows different types of offsprings due to the more diverse backgrounds and ethnicity of their parents.
    George_Horse
  • @melef That is not convincing. 
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." ~Gene Roddenberry

• Miscegenation in small amounts is not bad. Those people have their rights to do so as well. But too much miscegenation destroys cultures. It doesn't cause diversity. It does the exact opposite. Too much miscegenation causes different races and cultures to cease to exist. This is already happening in many western countries. 

I'm not telling you to not do miscegenation. You have your right to do so. I'm just pointing out the bad effects caused by miscegenation. Nationalism can be a solution to this, since it forces immigrants to assimilate when going to other countries, while not taking away anyone's rights.