frame

If you could go back in time, what would you change in world history?

Opening Argument

Just a complete random question, but deserves some thought. Personally, I would go back to 1789 when the Constitution was written and tell the drafters to eliminate slavery early by getting rid of the 3/5ths Act.

And BTW, you can't kill a person, so don't kill Hitler or Kim Jong Un, even though they were / are awful people, they still have human dignity and deserve some degree of respect. (Though I don't condone the actions of either.)
joecavalry

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

• Changing history is dangerous. I'd stick to my own life and cause myself to find a million dollars or something. 
  • A lot of bad things do happen, but I think we're better off leaving everything as is. And it's not like one person would make that huge of a difference unless we're getting godly powers. But even then, I'd rather leave everything as is.
  • I would stop Hitler from taking power, Stop the Vietnam War from happening, and stopping 9/11.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." ~Gene Roddenberry

• Events happened for a reason. Wouldn’t change history.
    CYDdharta
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • I would stop Hitler from taking power, Stop the Vietnam War from happening, and stopping 9/11.
    I wonder what Stalin would have done had it not been for Hitler.
  • @George_Horse If Hitler hadn't taken power, the Soviets would have invaded Poland and other countries without anyone being able to go against them. The Nazis weren't great, but we never know what could have happened if they hadn't existed. 

• MindMasterMindMaster 14 Pts
    edited November 2017
    I would have stopped Adam from eating the apple, then we wouldn't have any of these.
    ale5