frame

Anarcho-capitalism is not real anarchism

Opening Argument

edited November 28 in Politics
My position: Anarcho-capitalism is not real anarchism

I'm all ears for any arguments for and against my current position.

I'll award persuaded to excellent arguments, regardless of side. 
feajoecavalry
  1. Is Anarcho-Capitalism really "anarchism"?

5 votes
    1. Yes
      20.00%
    2. No
      60.00%
    3. Mixed
      20.00%

About Persuade Me

Persuaded Arguments

• FascismFascism 230 Pts
    Winning Argument ✓
    No. Although there is no government, there is still authority. This authority would be companies which use public security to make profits. This is a fragile system which could lead to total chaos due to absence of protection from businesses, or no freedom at all, due to companies taking the power with domestic militaries, possible partisan, even if the slightest thing goes wrong. 
    SilverishGoldNova
  • feafea 76 Pts
    Winning Argument ✓
    Mixed, because its a mix of Fake anarchism and fake capitalism.
    SilverishGoldNova

Arguments

• edited November 28
    Fascism said:
    No. Although there is no government, there is still authority. This authority would be companies which use public security to make profits. This is a fragile system which could lead to total chaos due to absence of protection from businesses, or no freedom at all, due to companies taking the power with domestic militaries, possible partisan, even if the slightest thing goes wrong. 
    fea said:
    Mixed, because its a mix of Fake anarchism and fake capitalism.

Agree, it is not anarchism in anyway, nor is it even capitalism, more a broken form of corporatism. It is essentially impossible for capitalism to exist without the state.

• @SilverishGoldNova Well, I'd argue that corporatism can be good if done right. The type of corporatism I support doesn't put companies in power, but instead has institutions dividing different industries and classes. But that's another debate. 
    SilverishGoldNova
  • edited November 28
    @Fascism I agree with that. Anarcho-capitalism tho is a broken form of corporatism
    Fascism

• @SilverishGoldNova Iv'e seen that. Why is that only airplanes have these type of windows? Seems fishy to me. 
    SilverishGoldNova
  • @Fascism Lol. What do you think of Anarcho-primitivism? Basically a bunch of mouthbreathers who think we should go back to living in tribal societies with no technology or medicine.

Ancapism is bad, but its nowhere near as bad as Anprimism. 

• @SilverishGoldNova Their reasoning is basically this: Civilization has some problems attributed with it, so why not just abandon it completely? They also talk about how civilization causes environmental problems. 

"If your homeland was invaded by aliens who cut down the forests, poisoned the water and air, and contaminated the food supply, would you resist?" - Derrick Jensen

The problem with this is that humans would be invasive species whether or not we have civilization. We would still be hunting down animals into extinction. It is actually easier to save the environment when you have a government, since it can impose restrictions on businesses. However, people who think that businesses should have the right to do whatever they want to the environment because it is their individual right are the real enemies to the environment. 
  • There may not be authority for that political position which could make it anarchism.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • edited November 30
    There may not be authority for that political position which could make it anarchism.
    While there isn't any government authority coming from that political position, there is still a form of authority. As @fascism said " Although there is no government, there is still authority. This authority would be companies which use public security to make profits. This is a fragile system which could lead to total chaos due to absence of protection from businesses, or no freedom at all, due to companies taking the power with domestic militaries, possible partisan, even if the slightest thing goes wrong." 

In my opinion, Anarcho-Capitalism is simply a broken form of corporatism mixed with fake capitalism.
    Fascism

• There may not be authority for that political position which could make it anarchism.
    Also I must ask why everything is "May" with you.

• @joecavalry What he is trying to say is that even though it was intended to have no authority, it will end up having an authority anyways, due to the nature of the ideology.