frame

Sandy Hook was a false flag attack

Opening Argument

My Position: Nobody died at Sandy Hook. Instead, like Paris, Orlando, and Las Vegas, it was a false flag attack perpetrated to push for gun control.

Official documents show the alleged shooter died the day before the shooting.

Coincidence?

Sandy Hook relief fund posted days before the shooting 

MedicfeaDrCereal

About Persuade Me

Persuaded Argument

Arguments

• MedicMedic 126 Pts
    edited December 2
    Circular reasoning, just like every other conspiracy theory. Boring. You start by assuming Sandy Hook was a false flag and attempt to prove it using evidence. You are begging the question. Furthermore, you attempt to argue by anomaly - stating that these few "facts" contradict the "official record" means that the official record is false. Congratulations, you found two people who look vaguely like each other, and two website errors. Well done.
    SilverishGoldNovafea

Under a system of perfectly free commerce, each country naturally devotes its capital and labour to such employments as are most beneficial to each. This pursuit of individual advantage is admirably connected with the universal good of the whole. By stimulating industry, by regarding ingenuity, and by using most efficaciously the peculiar powers bestowed by nature, it distributes labour most effectively and most economically.

- David Ricardo

• MedicMedic 126 Pts

Here's her, at a party, at the time of the shooting.

Enough already.
    SilverishGoldNovafea

Under a system of perfectly free commerce, each country naturally devotes its capital and labour to such employments as are most beneficial to each. This pursuit of individual advantage is admirably connected with the universal good of the whole. By stimulating industry, by regarding ingenuity, and by using most efficaciously the peculiar powers bestowed by nature, it distributes labour most effectively and most economically.

- David Ricardo

• MedicMedic 126 Pts
    Your first screenshot is likely a typo, doesn't appear anywhere else. Hell, Elvis's name is misspelled on his tombstone.
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNovafea

- David Ricardo

• MedicMedic 126 Pts
    The last one has been corrected. Come on, this is weak.
    SilverishGoldNovafea

- David Ricardo

• MedicMedic 126 Pts
    I'm not on metabunk. I genuinely thought that was interesting so I googled the both of them. That photo popped up. It came to my attention that they were not the same people. 
    fea

- David Ricardo

• Medic said:
    Circular reasoning, just like every other conspiracy theory. Boring. You start by assuming Sandy Hook was a false flag and attempt to prove it using evidence. 
    fea

• @Medic You haven't addressed anything. Instead, you have decided to flag my argument as a fallacy and go off on an appeal to the stone rant.
    fea

• MedicMedic 126 Pts
    I've addressed each of your three pieces of "evidence", and stated that your arguments are absurd because they assume what they are attempting to prove. The logical assumptions you make go as follows:

C1: Sandy Hook was a false flag attack
    C2: How do we know this? Here is some "evidence"
    P1: Sandy Hook was a false flag attack

fea

- David Ricardo

• edited December 2
    @Medic You actually tried on Alex Israel. You haven't actually provided any evidence for the charity and the documents being website errors. Both points are extended until you provide proof they are website errors.
    fea

• Medic said:
    I've addressed each of your three pieces of "evidence", and stated that your arguments are absurd because they assume what they are attempting to prove. The logical assumptions you make go as follows:

C1: Sandy Hook was a false flag attack
    C2: How do we know this? Here is some "evidence"
    P1: Sandy Hook was a false flag attack

An actual example of circular reasoning would be:

A: The bible is a word of god.
    B: Because god says it is in the bible.

Not

A: Sandy hook was a false flag
    B: Here is some evidence to why I think that.
    fea

• MedicMedic 126 Pts
    The point is, even if you're correct argument from anomaly isn't a valid disproof of the official "narrative". 

this is a waste of my intellectual effort in any case, you've assumed what you're attempting to prove and anything that disproves your claims is simply fake or a product of the government. bad faith is clearly present.
    fea

- David Ricardo

• feafea 76 Pts
    I never really considered this a possibility before but holy ... you're right.

@Medic I don't think you even know what circular logic is. Also, please try to make some real arguments instead of falsely accusing Silver of fallacies, and going off on a series of appeal to the stone rants.
  • feafea 76 Pts
    Medic said:
    irony is apparently non-existent for stupid people
    Image result for ad hominem referee

Meshh
  • MedicMedic 126 Pts
    edited December 2
    I'll apologise for that. Completely unwarranted, I'm sorry. Doesn't change my belief that the arguments being put forth are absurd, and with no appeal to the stone or other such logical fallacy being present in mine given I've provided examples of the begging of the question performed by Silver and counter to the argument from anomaly being put forth.

Seems a little odd to me that it's appeal to the stone where I do it but where Silver does it it's "an important part of debate to point out fallacious arguments".

- David Ricardo

• feafea 76 Pts
    @Medic Now you're just making up the names of fallacies so you have an excuse not to address his points. What fun
  • MedicMedic 126 Pts
    edited December 2
    what on earth are you talking about mate

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_the_stone
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overwhelming_exception

I've adressed one of the claims and put forth more likely explanations than "there is a concerted conspiracy in order to institute gun control which has somehow been kept secret from everyone involving thousands of people" for the other two. To pretend otherwise is intellectually dishonest.

- David Ricardo

• @DrCereal I notice you keep leaving disagree reactions on things but Don't address them, hey do you have a response to this?

• @DrCereal I notice you keep leaving disagree reactions on things but Don't address them, hey do you have a response to this?
    You gave "evidence" that the killer died before the supposed shooting, but you really didn't provide any evidence that it was:
    1.) actually orchestrated by a group or
    2.) was orchestrated with the intention to push gun control.

I disagreed because I didn't feel like you supported your theory well enough.
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • DrCerealDrCereal 80 Pts
    edited December 3
    @DrCereal I notice you keep leaving disagree reactions on things but Don't address them, hey do you have a response to this?
    Also, it's a waste of time to interrogate people for simply agreeing or disagreeing with a post. It's my opinion, so it doesn't necessarily have to be substantiated.
    Call people out when they mark a post fallacy for no reason not when they have a contrary view.
    Bis das, si cito das.