frame

Do you believe the discoveries that scientists are finding out about the universe?

Opening Argument

Casual debate that questions the proof that scientists will give us for certain discoveries in the universe. Do you believe what they tell us, or do you have a different point of view?
  1. ?

10 votes
    1. Yes, I agree with what scientists tell us
      10.00%
    2. No, I don't believe what scientists tell us
      20.00%
    3. Yes, but only if the scientists provide enough evidence to support their claim
      70.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• The extraordinary foundation encapsulating the scientific method is whatever one claims, can be tested and confirmed independently by anyone who tries to debunk that claim. And in the end, within the omnipotent matrix of nature, becomes the judge.
    NopeDrCerealEdrilErfisflat
  • I am of the opinion and understanding that the Scientific community as a whole (Mostly referencing governing organizations and academies) are extremely loose and incompetent in their regulation of Publications of Scientific study and research.

Simply put, official organizations who regulate publications of Scientific research and study do an agonizing job at scrutinizing, reviewing and auditing the submissions.  This accounts for an unforgivable amount of misinformation spreading throughout the World today disguised as legitimate and reliable Scientific evidence.

Case in Point: All the misinformed people who still think vaccines are bad for their children based on the MMR Vaccine Publication by Andrew Wakefield.  Mind you that the research and study that led to the belief that the Vaccine was dangerous was actually published in the British Medical Journal The Lancet.  The Lancet is one of the oldest and best known medical Journals in the World.  This of course isn't even the top layer of problems with Scientific publications of any type but stands as one simple example of why I don't purchase into what Scientists publish...even if I quit my job and did nothing but review Scientific research...I still wouldn't have enough time to do what Scientific Organizations are SUPPOSED to be doing in regards to reviewing Scientific research and study for accuracy and legitimacy.
    "If there's no such thing as a stupid question then what kind of questions do stupid people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stupid".

• Hahahaha I just saw this. I can't stop laughing now. 12% of the voters believe anything as long as it says "scientists claim" in front of it.
    SilverishGoldNovaVaulk
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

https://www.gofundme.com/mwmvf-is-the-earth-flat
  • Erfisflat said:
    Hahahaha I just saw this. I can't stop laughing now. 12% of the voters believe anything as long as it says "scientists claim" in front of it.
    But scientists say we live on a shittake mushroom shaped Earth made out of mcdonalds fries.
    Vaulk

• Erfisflat said:
    Hahahaha I just saw this. I can't stop laughing now. 12% of the voters believe anything as long as it says "scientists claim" in front of it.
    But scientists say we live on a shittake mushroom shaped Earth made out of mcdonalds fries.
    I saw it on TV! It must be real!

SilverishGoldNovaVaulk
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

https://www.gofundme.com/mwmvf-is-the-earth-flat
  • I believe it yes. Why do I believe it? Because to fight the scientists is a battle that always ends badly for the one fighting them.

Work with them to prove themselves wrong. Learn to play the game.
    Erfisflat
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.