frame

What's your view on Donald Trump?

Opening Argument

someone234someone234 154 Pts
edited December 2017 in Politics
Not just 'hate' or 'love' but really what's your analysis of the guy?
If Trump were a rapper, I feel he'd make a song like this:



yolostide
I come to debate, I stay to troll,
I leave to think, I return to brawl.
«13

Status: Open Debate


Arguments

  • I respect his confidence and work ethic... The guy is a monstrosity in terms of how hard he works and how far he will go before quitting on something no matter how doomed it seems (such as his bankrupt corporations, he stood by them to the bitter end).

    He's not very intelligent and definitely not good with people but he's terrifyingly strong at efficiency and at dominating others in debates.

    Disclaimer: I copy myself on CD.

    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • You say he isn't intelligent yet he created a global empire, became President of the United States, and the economy and market did exactly as he said they would if he got elected. You could bring me 10,000 "intelligent" people, and not a one of them could do any of those three things, much less all three...
    DrCereal
  • @brontoraptor What you say he created, he inherited 70% of, the other 30% is also very little his own doing and more being in the right place at the right time.
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • He is doing a great job as president and may pass tax reform which would be a huge accomplishment for him, Republicans, and his administration.
    DrCereal
  • @brontoraptor What you say he created, he inherited 70% of, the other 30% is also very little his own doing and more being in the right place at the right time.
    LOL, in what system of math does $5 million equate to 70% of $3.7 billion?

    More recently, the Times in a Jan. 2 story wrote that Fred’s will “divided the bulk of the inheritance, at least $20 million, among his children and their descendants, ‘other than my son Fred C. Trump Jr.,’ ” who died in 1981. At the time, there were four surviving children, Robert, Donald, Maryanne and Elizabeth.

    http://www.factcheck.org/2016/03/factchecking-the-11th-gop-debate/


  • @CYDdharta He inherited it and it expanded for him.
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • My view on any President is relative to their behavior in following the US Constitution. And on that note, Trump’s performance is encouraging but too soon to form an opinion. 
  • @CYDdharta He inherited it and it expanded for him.
    He inherited a small fraction of it and built it into an empire.
  • @CYDdharta Shareholders did the work for him. Anything he tried went bankrupt. Thanks for your input.
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • @CYDdharta Shareholders did the work for him. Anything he tried went bankrupt. Thanks for your input.
    LOL, of course you have proof, right?  You can prove that the opposite isn't the case, right?  That shareholders didn't cause the bankruptcies, and that Trump's ventures were the real successes, right?  Oh, that's right, radical leftist talking points don't need proof.
    DrCereal
  • @CYDdharta You are the one who is all talk. No idea why you are defending him so hard, is he somehow related to you or something?
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • @CYDdharta You are the one who is all talk. No idea why you are defending him so hard, is he somehow related to you or something?
    I'm not defending him, just correcting your errors.
  • someone234someone234 154 Pts
    edited December 2017
    @CYDdharta You are infected with the Trump Fever.
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • @CYDdharta You are infected with the Trump Fever.
    It may seem that way to someone with an irrational hatred of the man, but no, that's incorrect.
  • @CYDdharta I'm not foolish enough to say I hate someone who is a president of such a powerful nation online.

    I will say, however, that he inherited 70% of what you think he worked for and the other 30% was mainly being in the right place at the right time and he will read this with his NSA buddies and smirk because it's true and probably is too kind an estimation.
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • @CYDdharta I'm not foolish enough to say I hate someone who is a president of such a powerful nation online.

    I will say, however, that he inherited 70% of what you think he worked for and the other 30% was mainly being in the right place at the right time and he will read this with his NSA buddies and smirk because it's true and probably is too kind an estimation.
    Say whatever you want, that doesn't make it true; especially in light of proof that says otherwise, like that which I have already posted.
  • @CYDdharta You mean his game show? Yeah he paid a huge royalty to Lord Alan Sugar for the idea and ran the show into the ground or maybe he just 'quit to prepare to run for president' actually I'd genuinely believe that part as this was all so predetermined that I'm surprised others didn't see it coming.

    I am sad Hillary lost but not going to sit and cry over spilled milk. The system is what it is and my duty is to adapt. Do not squander your potential on fighting the system, it is always better to work as much with the system as you can and pick your enemies carefully so that you have the time and energy to take them down due to how little else you have to fight at the time.

    I don't hate this or that politician and if I do, I get over it very quickly. To me life isn't about justice in the slightest, to me there is no justice and no amount of punishment can undo the suffering I or others undergo but rather I believe in being a tight-knit group so that the corrupt cannot break us apart. Until we are that, they deserve to defeat us for they are united much stronger than us by greed and pride.
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • @CYDdharta You mean his game show? Yeah he paid a huge royalty to Lord Alan Sugar for the idea and ran the show into the ground or maybe he just 'quit to prepare to run for president' actually I'd genuinely believe that part as this was all so predetermined that I'm surprised others didn't see it coming.

    I am sad Hillary lost but not going to sit and cry over spilled milk. The system is what it is and my duty is to adapt. Do not squander your potential on fighting the system, it is always better to work as much with the system as you can and pick your enemies carefully so that you have the time and energy to take them down due to how little else you have to fight at the time.

    I don't hate this or that politician and if I do, I get over it very quickly. To me life isn't about justice in the slightest, to me there is no justice and no amount of punishment can undo the suffering I or others undergo but rather I believe in being a tight-knit group so that the corrupt cannot break us apart. Until we are that, they deserve to defeat us for they are united much stronger than us by greed and pride.
    I don't watch game shows or reality TV.  I never watched Trump's show and know very little about it; so no, that's obviously not what I mean.  I'm referring more to Trump's global real estate empire.

    Are you trying to be a tight-knit group so that the corrupt cannot break us apart, or are you sad that Hillary lost?  Hillary was widely considered to be among the most corrupt politicians around, so it cannot be both.
  • someone234someone234 154 Pts
    edited December 2017
    @CYDdharta she used corruption to help people, you can't succeed in politics without lying and making underhanded deals but her motive was always for the people whether it was a CIA action or an anti racism law.

    Sure, Bill was a horny bastard but frankly he was a great president in my eyes. Also, what did she do so wrong? Sent some emails about NSA or about plotting how to beat others in her own party?

    Welcome to politics, playing to win doesn't make you a bad guy, you can't win unless you are corrupt.
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • @CYDdharta she used corruption to help people, you can't succeed in politics without lying and making underhanded deals but her motive was always for the people whether it was a CIA action or an anti racism law.

    Sure, Bill was a horny bastard but frankly he was a great president in my eyes. Also, what did she do so wrong? Sent some emails about NSA or about plotting how to beat others in her own party?

    Welcome to politics, playing to win doesn't make you a bad guy, you can't win unless you are corrupt.
    She used corruption to help herself.  According to her, when she and Slick Willie left the White House in 2001, they were flat broke (that was one of the excuses they used for stealing furniture from the White House).  15 years later, after two government jobs and managing a "non-profit", they were worth $240 million.
  • @CYDdharta I repeat, don't hate the player if they play the game well. hate the player if they play to ruin the game for others.
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • I think he's just another big bank puppet, like Hillary.

    PS: The ads are making this website unusable....
    someone234
     
  • @SilverishGoldNova he is worse than Hillary because she became corrupt internationally to help USA, trump is corrupt only for the sake of a few CEOs.
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • @SilverishGoldNova he is worse than Hillary because she became corrupt internationally to help USA, trump is corrupt only for the sake of a few CEOs.
    LOL, Hillary helped no one but herself throughout decades as a corrupt politician. She worked hard to get an approval rating worse than Trump's, at least acknowledge her title as the Queen of Corruption.
  • someone234someone234 154 Pts
    edited December 2017
    @CYDdharta you are wrong. From the get go she assassinated bin laden as sec of state then she encouraged bridging the gap Bush had made with Iran among many other things. Almost all good decisions by Obama were her doing while almost all of his bad decisions were Hillary's rivals' doing. 
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Back To Top

DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Website!

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
2018 DebateIsland.com, All rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Awesome Debates
BestDealWins.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch