frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The key to bitcoin's next breakout may lie in Google search

Debate Information

Max_Air29joecavalry
  1. Live Poll

Do you agree?

4 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I continue to be amazed at marketing hype of bitcoins. Sure, I see how there is correlation of google searches and number of bitcoin wallets opened as article suggests.  The more wallets get opened the higher the price of bitcoin, I buy that.  
    But...How can this possibly be sustainable to have such a inflated price for the bitcoin currency based on marketing hype?  Also, google search monitoring is useful for many trends, not just bitcoin..but I wouldn't base investment decisions on that, as it's too vague and subject to manipulation 
    Live Long and Prosper
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    bitcoin? More like sh**coin
  • GrenacheGrenache 65 Pts   -  
    Although cryptocurrencies are hot right now they're probably no more of a sound investment than collecting Beenie Babies.  And at least Beenie Babies are sustainable.  The energy consumed to maintain a currency system like Bitcoin pretty much makes it impossible for it to ever replace traditional currency transactions on a global scale.
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    No, Bitcoin is not a good investment. I don’t believe that Google or Google search could help them.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover.