Can you really debate anything on debate island? - DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Website! The Best Online Debate Website!
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Can you really debate anything on debate island?

Opening Argument

PoguePogue 266 Pts
Can you really debate anything on debate island?
aarong
  1. Can you really debate anything on debate island?

5 votes
    1. Yes
      60.00%
    2. No
      40.00%
I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• In my opinion it's a qualified yes, as long as it complies terms and conditions and guidelines 
    http://www.debateisland.com/debatingtips

There are some topics that are off the table such such NSFW, illegal activities, hate speech, etc.  

I've been a loyal member of the Debateisland community since it's launch about a year ago and having a diverse but yet civil forum is one of the most attractive features.  

I am sure there are many ways we can stretch "anything" that will be on a borderline of what's appropriate or acceptable, and IMHO there is plenty to debate in some many categories and formats of debates without going outside of the edges.
    SilverishGoldNovaPogue
    Live Long and Prosper
  • It's better than debate.org where we have clowns like Ramshitter or Trolltop routinely votebombing and harrassing their opponents
    BaconToes
    "I have left my Christian Religion, and realized what all Organized Religions have in common: "to replace our One and only Possible Creator God with their own version of god".- Evidence, on this website

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html

If you are an adult, there is no reason for you to keep believing in things like Santa, The Easter Bunny, The Cleveland Browns, The Arizona Coyotes, The Big Bang, Evolution, or the Sphere Earth Theory
  • It's better than debate.org where we have clowns like Ramshitter or Trolltop routinely votebombing and harrassing their opponents

If you’re being vote bombed you can report the individuals votes, and moderators will remove it. They have pretty strict guidelines for what is and isn’t a valid vote, if I recall.
  • In spirit, yes, because as long as you comply with the pre-announced rules of the site you can proceed.

In actuality, no, because technically there are many topics, words, and debate techniques which would run afoul of the standards of this site.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 942 Pts
    edited February 5
    Rip shark kitty @SilverishGoldNova
    @gooberry would have love it.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

https://www.gofundme.com/mwmvf-is-the-earth-flat
  • ReadRead 17 Pts
    A debate is a practice and a formal one at that. Deciding between formal and nonformal changes a debate into a Socratic discussion. However, this website is to be preferred over debate.org due to the many trolls like backwardseden.