The Shape of the Earth (redone) - DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Website! The Best Online Debate Website!
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The Shape of the Earth (redone)

Opening Argument

Can @SilverishGoldNova @Gooberry @Nope and @Ampersand can you guys post the same arguments in the same order please so we can debate with a smaller chat. I will post mine
  1. What is the shape of the Earth

7 votes
    1. Spherical
      85.71%
    2. Defying all science, not a sphere
      14.29%
  2. Is the Earth flat?

7 votes
    1. Yes
      28.57%
    2. No, it is really ...
      71.43%
I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• The Earth is an oval (due to the spin). A model must be able to predict all observations and everything works without interference. Solar and Lunar eclipses are predicted with the globe earth model. It perfectly explains everything. In the flat Earth model, you could not see the same constellations and stars in S.A. and Africa (or S.A. and Australia or Africa and Australia) (the two will both be night) because you would only be able to see the front. Also, the stars that are only able to see in the Northern Hemisphere would be visible in the South. 
    Reality: 

Flat:

Also, if a building is really tall you can see it but the base disappears over the horizon. 

Question for a follow-up argument. How far away is the sun? 

My argument is really short but these videos have a lot more information. 

I could either have the future pass me or l could create it. 

“We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.” - Benjamin Franklin  So flat Earthers, man-made climate change deniers, and just science deniers.

I friended myself! 
  • @Pogue ;

I think you mean ellipsoid.
  • @anonymousdebater ;

I would suggest that spheroid would be more appropriate.

"A sphere-like but not perfectly spherical body."
    Pogue