frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should there be an age restriction on technology?

I think 5 year olds and under should NOT be able to use technology. What do you think?
What do you think?
  1. Yes or No?10 votes
    1. Yes
      40.00%
    2. NO
      60.00%
DebateIsland.com Founder/Administrator | Contact Me Via Private Messaging (aarong), Contact Support At customerservice@debateisland.com | Happy Debating! 

Comments

• Don't you know electronic devices ROT YOUR BRAIN OFF?
  • You should never use a smartphone. I got into an car accident while using one.
  • agsragsr 451 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    It should not have an age base absolute restriction, but better awareness and tools for parents to guide technology experinece. Technology is changing the way we think about the world and more and more there is an expectation for younger users, technology developers, and innovators.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • I agree with agsr, it should have a restriction and be accessible to a large fraction of the Earth's population.
  • Many technology billionairs specifcally ensure that their kids dont get exposed to too much technology. I think everyone should have access, but it should be moderated by parents.
  • I think restriction on how much 5 year olds (or even teenagers) can use technology - absolutely.
    banning use all together - no.
  • lnhjalnhja 12 Pts
    No, kids and parents a Like should embrace technology.
  • Fr3akFr3ak 24 Pts
    No, just be a good parent and don't let your child do anything stupid or dangerous. Should little Billy be playing with mummy's special toys? Probably not, so make sure he doesn't. It's the parents responsibility to ensure the safety of their child, and age restricting technology just unnecessarily prevents people from being able to use things for no reason. 
  • SylynnSylynn 66 Pts
    It all depends on how you define technology. For example, my 2-year old has a stuffed dog that is capable of singing. She also used to have an activity cube that on one side would sing certain songs, a side would help with learning to count, etc.. Technically these are both forms of technology, but I can't see the issue with them. I fully believe technology should not be used as a replacement to parenting, but I can certainly use it as a tool.
  • ale5ale5 123 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    @Sylynn, agreed.  Technology is embedded in everything, so we cannot completely avoid it's use for small kids. It is important for parents to ensure it's used in moderation though
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney