frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Trump Going To Worsen Climate Change?

MargretFriMargretFri 4 Pts
edited December 2016 in General
I think that he will.
SilverishGoldNovajoecavalry

Comments

• SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 189 PtsPremium Member
    edited August 14 Premium Member
    Well Trump is opposed to green energy and the EPA. But that depends on if you think climate change is legitimately happening or not. Am I the only one who remembers when they all told us New York would sink 10 years ago, or when they told us we were about to freeze to death after hurricanes destroyed Europe? 
    joecavalry
    I use debateisland I guess. Came here from debate.org after I noticed the decline in quality.

Unrelatedly, The Doge Facebook page is threatening to sue me because I called them out for extortion.

That is all I gotta say. 
  • @SilverishGoldNova , Climate change is real and happening as I make my argument now. There is no doubt about it, considering that there is so much evidence going for that side. 

Trump will worsen Climate Change, or Speed the process up, because of his exit of the Paris Climate Agreement and not being a fan of regulations.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • Well Trump is opposed to green energy and the EPA. But that depends on if you think climate change is legitimately happening or not. Am I the only one who remembers when they all told us New York would sink 10 years ago, or when they told us we were about to freeze to death after hurricanes destroyed Europe? 
    You have really explained your point, but I think you may be referring to the idea that in the 70s there was the idea of global cooling? Is that right?

New York going in large part underwater by the end of this century is a separate issue and part of climate change as we understand it now. More heat = more ice melting = higher sea levels = coastal areas underwater if they don't defend against this with dykes, etc.

• SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 189 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Well Trump is opposed to green energy and the EPA. But that depends on if you think climate change is legitimately happening or not. Am I the only one who remembers when they all told us New York would sink 10 years ago, or when they told us we were about to freeze to death after hurricanes destroyed Europe? 
    You have really explained your point, but I think you may be referring to the idea that in the 70s there was the idea of global cooling? Is that right?

New York going in large part underwater by the end of this century is a separate issue and part of climate change as we understand it now. More heat = more ice melting = higher sea levels = coastal areas underwater if they don't defend against this with dykes, etc.

They said that New York should have sunk in 2007 as a result of climate change. 
    I use debateisland I guess. Came here from debate.org after I noticed the decline in quality.

Unrelatedly, The Doge Facebook page is threatening to sue me because I called them out for extortion.

That is all I gotta say.