frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What is way to end an email if you want a response?

Debate Information

Interesting study found that best way to end email is with gratitude if you want a response. That makes me rethink of how I sign my emails at work.
The research is in the link below, and I am curious what do DebateIslanders think is the best way to end emails? I think I will switch by current default of Thanks to Thanks in Advance to get extra 2.7%.

businessinsider.com/best-way-to-end-an-email-2017-2

Here's what they found:

"Thanks in advance" had a response rate of 65.7%
"Thanks" had a response rate of 63%
"Thank you" had a response rate of 57.9%
"Cheers" had a response rate of 54.4%
"Kind regards" had a response rate of 53.9%
"Regards" had a response rate of 53.5%
"Best regards" had a response rate of 52.9%
"Best" had a response rate of 51.2%
  1. Live Poll

Best way to end email for getting a response

8 votes
    1. Thanks in advance
      50.00%
    2. Thanks
      12.50%
    3. Thank you
        0.00%
    4. Cheers
        0.00%
    5. Kind Regards
        0.00%
    6. Regards
        0.00%
    7. Best Regards
        0.00%
    8. Best
      12.50%
    9. Other
      25.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    Great research finding, i am switching to "Thanks in Advance" going forward.
  • WilliamSchulzWilliamSchulz 255 Pts   -  
    I always put best at the end of my e-mails, because for me, Best is a sign of professionalism. 
    A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited March 2018
    I don't worry about the ending of the email. The fact that the email is from me should terrify any daring to not reply to it.

I am important to those who are worthy of receiving my words.

I end it with from (me).
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    I do not think the last line matters that much, and there is probably hidden variables the study did not take into account that led to such a difference.

I find that people are much more likely to respond if you make it clear at the end that you do expect a response. Having a line such as "I am looking forward to your response", or "Thank you in advance for your time", or "Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns", or "I would highly appreciate your feedback" does not put too much pressure on the receiver, and the politeness makes them more inclined to respond.
    WordsMatter