frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is it likely that Trump will get impeached?

Debate Information

With so much controversy and polarization of the country, how likely is it that over his tenure Trump would get impeached from Presudency
  1. Live Poll

?

21 votes
    1. Highly likely
      23.81%
    2. A Possibility
      19.05%
    3. Unlikely
      33.33%
    4. No, he will will most likely get reelected too after 4 years
      23.81%
WhyTrump - a good question

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• juristijul_24juristijul_24 2 Pts   -  
    It could be possibly, although very unlikely.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I see no evidence why we would argue that he may get impeached. While Trump is generating lots of controversy based on his change measures, that is not ground of any impeachment discussion.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • mjhhjm90mjhhjm90 10 Pts   -  
    I find it extremely likely. All he has done is lie to us, damage our country's reputation, wanting to take away the affordable care act that is helping millions of Americans with their health care, censoring the White House Press Corps and kick many of them out of the building for doing their jobs, and falsely accusing former president Obama on wiretapping which he still hasn't produced any evidence of. All he has done is lie, insult people, and when the democrats win more seats in the mid-terms, we will kick him out of office!
  • johannaruneljohannarunel 22 Pts   -  
    I fully agree with @mjhhjm90 .
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
     I disagree with @johannarunel and @mjhhjm90 ;
    Trump is an outsider and trying to improve current inefficiencies to make the country better.  Alomg the way he will get some people upset so that is fully expected.  Regarding your specific comments:
    ACA replacement - will be better than Obamacare for many,but not all. See related debate on this site.
    white house press - he is right to kick them out. They are milking him for ratings and twisting the truth.
    obama wiretapping - lets see how the probe works out first. Obama has history if wiretapping other world leaders.

• mjhhjm90mjhhjm90 10 Pts   -  
    @islander507 First, at the beginning of your comment you misspelled the word "Along". Second; I disagree with you on the part of Trump having the right to kick out the press. It comes under violation of the First Amendment to the U.S Constitution giving the right to freedom of the press. Plus it makes us more skeptical as to what else Trump is hiding from the public. The only reason why he kicked them out is because he doesn't  like the stories they report on. Third; if Obama did wiretap Trump, where is the proof. It has been weeks and they still produced nothing to show us anything. It is obvious that the wiretapping accusations are just a distraction to keep us from asking about the Trump Administrations involvement with Russia before Jan. 2017. And also, millions of low-income Americans are benefitting from Obamacare and it would cripple the health care of those who could no longer afford it if it was taken away. If this administration want's to do a good job, then they need to start reporting the truth for once, stop sending us off on some wild goose chase, and to stop reporting anything as fact unless they could prove it first and to stop wasting our time.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    I agree with your concerns @mjhhjm90 , but none of these are causes for impeachment. Obamacare vs replacement plan has many pros and cons, but I agree that it will likely disadvantage the poor and elderly.  There is a related debate on this site.
    the biggest issue is his likely unfounded accusation of Obama for wiretapping. If that truly comes out a marketing ploy that may result as ground for impeachment discussions, but even that I doubt will be ground for such an aggressive action as an impeachment.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @mjhhjm90 , we can debate specific 3 points regarding the press, Obamacare, and wiretapping accusations.  I believe that he is on firm ground on all 3 points.  
    I am interested to see what ultimate evidence Trump will present for wiretapping, but Obama has history of wiretapping other world leaders so I will not be shocked if he wired Trump as well. 
    Media is out of control attacking Trump. There is a big difference between freedom of speech and dispeakable aggressive attacks by these big media outlets.

none of these justify impeachment discussions even if Trump was not fully correct in these points.
  • hureancultrhureancultr 9 Pts   -  
    No, and he will probably be reelected in 4 years too.
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    There is no merit for claim of getting Trump impeached.  That's completely unsubstantiated.
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • tropicalbacontropicalbacon 17 Pts   -  
    He has created many grounds for impeachment through unconstitutional actions. However, the Supreme Court is weighed more towards the conservative edge of the battle, so they would most likely never call out his unconstitutional ways. The House and the Senate, too, would be very unlikely to call this out and actually open him up to impeachment. If there were other people in the offices of Congress, it might be more likely. However, most of these people would not see him impeached.
    aarong
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @tropicalbacon , good points.
  • pkwni_10864pkwni_10864 17 Pts   -  
    It's unlikely. The Dems don't even have the majority in all of the branches of government. It would be very difficult for them to accomplish and fundamentally a waste of their time as well. It's pointless and should not be focused on. Instead, they should be working with the Republicans as well as our great presinder Trump.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Great point @pkwni_10864 .
    we should work together, not against each other
    Live Long and Prosper
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    I doubt it, and he will probably get reelected for a second term.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    Trump has some of the lowest approval ratings in the history of the United States. People will probably only continue to hate him and find more problems with him as the years go along. History shows that with great unpopularity, there is a higher likeliness of being impeached. However; I don't believe his impeachment will result in a dismissal from office, because he has technically not done anything illegal (yet). Remember that impeachment simply describes the action of trying a president or charging him for a crime, not dismissing a him.
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    @melanielust, no he will not get impeached.  That is a highly speculative argument that is just fueled without any real basis.  
    Based on his current actions he is already doing many great things, and while true that he is making enemies, that is fully expected based on his unusual standing as a complete political outider who is shakimg things up.
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    Gven the intensity of the Russia ties investigation, now with Kushner back channel concern, the odds if impeachment just went up
  • George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    I would say unlikely. He has not done anything to make him worthy for impeachment.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles