Reddit Politics sub Reddit is arguably the highest volume site for discussing politics. Reddit r/Politics site has over 8.3 million subscribers with over 8 thousand online users.
But does it make
Reddit Politicsthe best place to discuss and debate politics?
Based on my experience, I will argue against it.
1) It is difficult to have a meaningful debate on
Reddit Politics, as the sub discussions quickly take you away in many directions. It is not clear what the actual consensus is, as unlike DebateIsland there is no voting on actual options.
2) Chances are you will quickly get insulted and will have to deal with hate, vulgar language, or ignorance. The reason we want to debate is not to get insulted, but for a civilized political discussion. I hope you have strong self esteem to survive ongoing personal attacks on Reddit Politics
3) Moderators and Reddit Politics spam filters ofter filter comments or postings based on complex rules. Some of the other Reddit Politics sub Reddits like Neutral Politics are much more civilized, but are so extremely moderated that a submission is like passing SATs.
4) From my experience Reddit Politics is decisively anti-Trump. I saw many posts and comments down voted just for expressing a supportive opinion towards anything positive for Trump actions. Similarly, silly anti-Trump comments got many upvotes on Reddit Politics.
- Reddit Politics - Is Reddit Politics good for online debating?9 votes
Yes - Reddit Politics is a good place to debate Politics33.33%
No - Reddit Politics is not a good place to debate politics66.67%