frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there "Hell" and "Heaven" after life?

ale5ale5 129 PtsPremium Member
Is hell and heaven real, or just something made up to scare people into obedience?
billpassed
  1. ?13 votes
    1. Hell and Heaven are real
      53.85%
    2. Hell and Heaven just made up
      46.15%
It's kind of fun to do the impossible
- Walt Disney

Comments

• WhyTrumpWhyTrump 140 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    It is neither real or made up.  The definition of hell is figurative and many religions have different versions of it.
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • LogicLogic 215 Pts
    No one can say for sure, But believing a heaven and hell, Has a better reward, Then a non purposeful life. I mean if you ARE right, You get heaven.
    If you aren't, Well... To put it simply, You might not even be aware to care that it doesn't exist. 
  • inc4tinc4t 130 Pts
    @Logic, great point. If it is real to you then it's real and provides a purposeful life. The downside of believing in that is rather little for more people.  That said, some people would rather not believe in it, and it is completely their right - nothing wrong with that too.
  • LogicLogic 215 Pts
    @inc4t  Well said man! It's all about free will. So we should all use it the way, In which it pleases us.
  • AveMariaAveMaria 35 Pts
    Excellent points from @inc4t and @Logic.  The very nature of Heaven and Hell implies that they cannot be proven to be true or false.  Science can only prove what exists physically.  Heaven, Hell, God, etc. by definition are not physical entities, so we can never prove their existence using science.  It's simply a question of faith, which is why I say they do exist.
    inc4t
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 140 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    @AveMaria, as you pointed out it all comes back to faith. No one will be able to categorically prove to disprove. So it it reasonable for you to believe In whatever makes you more comfortable. 
    billpassed
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • billpassedbillpassed 59 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
  • averyaproaveryapro 62 Pts
    I really think it depends because different religions believe in these things. I personally believe in it because for Christian people if you sin, you might go to hell because that's what people believe. But when you stay free of really bad sins because then God wants you to go heaven and live with him in the afterlife. I do think it depends for everyone but I think these things exist.
  • ImbsterImbster 89 Pts
    It's a metaphor about having an eternal state even after death because everyone will remember and talk about your existence because of your good deeds or good achievements. Hell is where you're always remembered for your sins and therefore tortured burning and gnashing of teeth.
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 198 PtsPremium Member
    edited August 14 Premium Member
    That depends on what you are talking about. Religions have many different views of heaven or hell and some have neither, and we all have different interpretations. 
    I use debateisland I guess. Came here from debate.org after I noticed the decline in quality.

Unrelatedly, The Doge Facebook page is threatening to sue me because I called them out for extortion.

That is all I gotta say.