frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is being gay, Curable?

Opening Argument

LogicLogic 227 Pts
 I heard that this group of Russians, Created a cure for being gay. What do you guys think?
  1. Is Being Gay, Curable?

8 votes
    1. Yeah
      25.00%
    2. No
      50.00%
    3. Maybe
      12.50%
    4. Most likely
      12.50%

Arguments

• No, it's uncurable. It just happens, and I'm not sure, but I think at a young age.
  • I actually think that Is ridiculous.  The issue is the Russia is highly homophobic and treat it like a terminal illness.  Some parts (or most) of Russia even denies that they have LGBT community. To make it even worse, some areas like Chechnya actually go after LGBT and put them in jail or beat them.  It is a violation of human rights.
    I don't believe it is "curable" or should be treated like a disease.  I suggest we accept LGBT community and let them be.  We don't need to join them, just accept them for who they are.
  • No, being gay can't be curable. I was talking to some other people on debateisland who agreed.
  • No, it's usually found by the person at a young age and it lost likely in curable. It's just in their genetics. In the future, a cure could be developed, but I don't believe that's a priority for the near future and possibly a while from now as well due to letting people be happy.
  • LogicLogic 227 Pts
    If by being happy, You mean finding love in their own way, Love can be blind. How do we know they won't be happier when cured? IF they can be cured
  • Being gay isn't a thing that needs to be cured!! It's completely natural and there's nothing wrong with it
  • ale5ale5 146 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    @melanielust, I agree. "Cure" sounds like a Chechnya talk in their attitude towards LGBT.  My position on that topic is accepting of the gay community, although I personally
    don't have that preference.
    a more appropriate phrase for this debate probably should have been "change sexual orientation" instead of "cure".  In any case, I think it's pretty much genetic.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney