frame

Are humans all the same?

Opening Argument

Are humans all the same?

My Opinion-
Over time humans evolved based on their area of the world and are different.

Are some better than others?
Are we generally different?
juretsearchjuweelove2debateWhyTrump
  1. ?

16 votes
    1. Yes
      43.75%
    2. No
      56.25%

Arguments

• randalrandal 60 Pts
    Yes, we all started the same, there fore we are the same.
    juretsearchkmelkevolution17sportsontermanetaifelkrspandamjuweeSchatzi11
  • We are not the same. We don't look the same, act the same etc.
    aviv
  • PinoPino 67 Pts
    Whilst the human race may have evolved from a common ancestor we separated into different branches at sometime during the evolutionary process which resulted in a number of distinct categories.
    I guess the most obvious visual difference is between black and white.
     However, the difference is significantly more complex than that as it is clear that the white skinned people of Europe developed a greater intelligence which enabled them to devise most of the inventions/discoveries and technological advances  that go to make up the vast majority of the everyday things we take for granted in the modern world.
    The good thing is that all of mankind can benefit from the white man's ingenuity with such innovations as electricity, the light bulb, the computer, antibiotics etc, etc.
    This difference is graphically illustrated when we compare the starving and diseased nations in parts of Africa with the developed countries of Europe and North America. 
    So, the difference and diversity of the human race is enormous. 

melanielust
  • Humans are not the same at all.
  • LogicLogic 230 Pts
    We are not nearly the same. Some of us a manipulative, Some are honest and kind. Some are greedy and evil.  Some are humble and give as much as they can.  We are born equal and the same, But we all live differently. 
  • avivaviv 27 Pts

In the physical sense, each group of humans evolved in a different way to adapt to the environment in which they lived. Mentally there is no race that is better or smarter. but yes, some people are better than others but it has nothing to do with race, It's more about education and morality.

juwee
  • love2debatelove2debate 146 Pts
    @aviv, at this point regardless of history its all about a combination of DNAand environmental factors.  We cannot completely ignore the race in answering this question since it drives so mch of our genetic make up 
    juwee
  • juweejuwee 10 Pts
    I agree with @aviv . It's not based on race nor religion, but more on education and how they grew up as well.
    aviv
  • Schatzi11Schatzi11 40 Pts
    I disagree with @randal, no,  we are not all the same for those reasons. And our genetic makeup is different
  • @aviv, I disagree.  We know that genes are important. There are material differences in genes between races.
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • The question is very general so here's my interpretation

There is a very large, very crucial difference between INHERENT difference and potential. All humans are naturally different in personality; different groups of people around the world are also different biologically, chemically, by nature because of their circumstance and environment. Just as how animal species in one type of biome adapt to their surroundings and evolve and develop different traits, so do humans. People who come from areas where historically they have been exposed to greater amounts of sunlight, like desert Africa, will have darker skin. People who have history in high-altitude regions will have larger lungs than usual to take in more air. The physical differences are by circumstance. There are also similar differences between the sexes, which MAY contribute to personality, but not consistently.

HOWEVER, despite all these natural differences, humans are all still equal from birth, from both an evolutionary, legal, and (hopefully) moral point of view. There is a line that separates being DIFFERENT and being EQUAL. All humans should be treated equally under the law regarded their differences. We all have the same primitive goal; survival and passing on genes. We all have skin and bones and a brain and a heart. There is absolutely no reason that because of fundamental differences, humans should be regarded as/treated differently.
    agsr
  • @melanielust, legally I agree with you. I also support that race shouldn't be the basis of discrimination. That is slightly different than saying "the same". There are clearly material differences between races, and there are many differences between all of us.  There are many commonalities at the same time. So yes, we are all human, but not all the same