frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Debate

Will StarTrek Hologram become a reality in the next 50 years?

Opening Argument

agsragsr 566 PtsPremium MemberTechnology Community Moderator
Would Technology over the next 50 years make StarTrek Hologram a reality? I mean not just elements of it, but the entire end to end experience where we can experience a like like simulation without being able to actually tell a Hologram vs real life apart?
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Hologram
  1. Will StarTrek Hologram become a reality in the next 50 years?

3 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
      33.33%
Live Long and Prosper

Arguments

• inc4tinc4t 152 Pts
    With incredible advances in technology we are at a point of tremendous progress.  With advances in virtual reality, cognitive computing,  I believe that virtual worlds would become much more real in 50 years.

lets think about 1967 vs now - we have technology that would really seem like Science Fiction back then.  The accelerated pace of innovation over the next 50 years will be even more than past 50 - I am totally convinced that it will be possible. I would say 30-50 years though.
    agsr