frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Is American dream of homeownership still valid or too outdated?

Debate Information

one of the key elements of American Dream is homeownership. Given the rocket high real estate prices, and trend towards shared economy, and more global travel - do we think that American dream of homeownership needs to be redefined?
  1. Live Poll

Is American dream of homeownership still valid or too outdated?

6 votes
    1. Still valid
      66.67%
    2. Too outdated
      33.33%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I actually think that home ownership shoud continue to be a cornerstone of the american dream as will strengthen our middle class.
    EmeryPearson
    Live Long and Prosper
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5965 Pts   -  
    With the abundance of mortgage options, I would sat that buying a home in the US nowadays is easier than ever - albeit the maintenance costs are higher than ever. I know quite a few PhD students that have already bought decent houses and are quite a way through the mortgage. They definitely pay less mortgage monthly, than I pay rent monthly, so, while not cheap, it is cheaper than many alternatives.

I would definitely buy a cheap house in the nearest future, if only I knew my plans. I do not know if I will stay in this state for good, or even in this country, for that matter. I really like Florida, and its real estate prices are pretty low for a number of reasons, so this is definitely something I am considering.