frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Communities

Should Firearms Be Banned From The United States Citizens?

Opening Argument

tarararatararara 7 Pts
edited May 2017 in Products
I believe not,for the good of the country. But that's not the point. The point is, What do you think? 
billpassedjoecavalrybrontoraptor
  1. ?

22 votes
    1. Yes
      13.64%
    2. No
      86.36%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Arguments

• I believe that they should be banned. Fire arms are causing deaths and, because of these injuries and Deaths they should be banned. Ateast, until it's stabilized.
    Schatzi11tarararaErfisflatanonymousdebaterBaconToes
  • In my opinion, they shouldn't because its not the firearms that are bad. Its the people who are in control of the weapon. Any object can be used as a weapon. There was a terrorist in I believe Germany that used a big truck to kill people. That doesn't mean that we should ban vehicles. And the American citizens have the right to protect themselves.
    tararara
  •     I think that firearms should not be banned from US citizens because what would the owners of gun shops do? They would definitely go out of business and a lot of people own guns previously. Would the police go into every house in the United States and raid their cabinets to see if they own a firearm? Also, anything can be used as a weapon. I could use the laptop I am typing on right now and slam my teacher in the head just to get out of school. Or, I could continue typing and use this computer for a good purpose. I am going to keep typing, but the girl sitting next to me might think of using my laptop as a way to inflict pain. The same thing goes for firearms. Police use them for a good purpose to protect us as US citizens but the guy that lives on the next street from my school could use it as a way to inflict pain upon someone. I think that US citizens should have the right to own firearms.
    tararara
  • If you banned guns all guns, the amount of crime would go up as swat teams and other special teams confiscated them. Their would be a civil war between the hard core all American gun owners and those that are against them. You want t a blood bath than go ahead try to ban all the guns. Their are way less officers and specialized teams than their are people that are hardcore gun owners. You would might win the battle with successfully pissing every back woods person off but you are guaranteed to lose and the war. 

Their would be more killings in the United States the moment guns started being confiscated than years before put together. 
    joecavalrybrontoraptor
    ~NathanAllen, Be yourself let no one tell you who you are. 
  • @NathanAllen , I believe that some guns should be banned for military and law enforcement, but for citizens  all guns should be banned. This may help prevent deaths, injures, crimes, etc.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • If you outlaw guns, the only ones who will have guns are the outlaws.

Only moral law-abiding citizens follow the law. Laws mean nothing for those who refuse to follow the law. For example, the illegal drug business in the US is booming.

• Governments and law enforcement agencies have collectively killed more people than anyone in history. What idiot thinks it's a good idea to let them have all the guns?
    SilverishGoldNovaGeorge_Horse
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

https://www.gofundme.com/mwmvf-is-the-earth-flat
  • Of course not.  

I want my guns to defend myself from criminals, and the untrustworthy U.S government. 
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." ~Gene Roddenberry

• edited December 2017
    I believe that they should be banned. Fire arms are causing deaths and, because of these injuries and Deaths they should be banned. Ateast, until it's stabilized.
    What would cause you to think the situation is NOT stable?  Consider the following;

• In my personal opinion they should not be banned, I just believe they should be limited. Not everyone is responsible, mentally stable or capable enough to handle guns. If one argues that they need something to defend themselves with, well there are a lot of other ways that don't require guns. 
    Pogue
  • Did you not read what I said, I did say taking away all guns would lead to a civil war. Here are my sources to back it. Just need to look at the numbers. @joecavalry ;
     https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/removing-guns-from-us-would-cause-civil-war-says-lobbyist-1.2682673http://www.debate.org/opinions/if-gun-confiscation-is-enacted-in-the-usa-will-there-be-a-second-revolutionary-warhttp://www.debate.org/opinions/do-you-think-that-gun-control-with-spark-the-next-civil-war@joecavalry
    http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017/06/22/the-demographics-of-gun-ownership/
    Most of those in the rural areas will not give their gun up for some educated police officer of the federal government.

• So you give a chart that shows homicides going down as the amount of guns goes up, but yet you are against guns still. Figures you would be. No amount of proof would prove otherwise. No matter what the numbers say about homicides the liberal left wants them all banned including rifles. You want gun control how about age limits on rifles anyone can handle a rifle just not everyone can buy one until 18 years of age.Handguns are limited to a age a 17 yo can not carry a handgun around in a car but they can carry a longer range rifle around with out any problem. @CYDdharta
    Erfisflat
  • @billpassed

So what happens if a criminal breaks into your house and pins your kid or wife to the floor? Shoot em with a water gun?
  • Yes that is what the liberals want you to do. I wonder if they thought of people using bats as their new weapon of choice. Lets see as you should know statistics or what I am all about. Take away my gun I will just beat you to death with a bat. Talking about a painful death now. At least the bullet would kill you almost instantly.  4 percent of attacks are done with a bat. https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/wuvc01.pdf@brontoraptor
    Erfisflat
  • Ban the gun ban the gun!!!!!!!!!!
    brontoraptorGeorge_Horseanonymousdebater
    I come to debate, I stay to troll,
    I leave to think, I return to brawl.
  • So you give a chart that shows homicides going down as the amount of guns goes up, but yet you are against guns still. Figures you would be. No amount of proof would prove otherwise. No matter what the numbers say about homicides the liberal left wants them all banned including rifles. You want gun control how about age limits on rifles anyone can handle a rifle just not everyone can buy one until 18 years of age.Handguns are limited to a age a 17 yo can not carry a handgun around in a car but they can carry a longer range rifle around with out any problem. @CYDdharta
    What would cause you to believe I'm against gun ownership?  I was pointing out that the situation is already stable and, in fact, improving, thus his threshold has already been met.
  • How about, instead of making guns illegal we just make crime illegal.  That should make everyone happy.
    brontoraptor
  • @joecavalry

What happens if someone breaks into your house holding an illegal firearm?
  • I would argue against absolute ban.  I would instead look for a solution that provides better screening and tougher standards to get one.
    anonymousdebater
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • I struggle to understand what right does the government have to ban all private fire arms.  We dont leave in North Korea...
  • @joecavalry

What happens if someone breaks into your house holding an illegal firearm?

What if you have an firearm to shoot that person holding the illegal firearm?
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." ~Gene Roddenberry

• I'm as liberal as liberals come, and yet I think it's outright foolish to ban all guns. Once guns exist in an ecosystem, it becomes nearly impossible to remove them. Regulations are a must, but there's no realistic way to ban them. 

anonymousdebaterPogue
  • Second Amendment
  • You would have to repeal second amendment rights. Although I personally disbelieve in several alleged mass shootings, I still have a question for you. Do you think criminals will abide by new gun laws?
    "I have left my Christian Religion, and realized what all Organized Religions have in common: "to replace our One and only Possible Creator God with their own version of god".- Evidence, on this website

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/08/200-proofs-earth-is-not-spinning-ball.html

If you are an adult, there is no reason for you to keep believing in things like Santa, The Easter Bunny, The Cleveland Browns, The Arizona Coyotes, The Big Bang, Evolution, or the Sphere Earth Theory
  • I think the bottom line here, is kids taking guns into schools and killing their teachers and classmates.

These kids shouldn't have these weapons available to them. 

It's simply an issue of an utterly ridiculous lack of control over the availability and use of guns in the U.S.

Anything can be used as a weapon. Sure. The differences are obvious though.

A gun can be used remotely, and is extremely lethal

Whereas averyapro, would have to put a great deal of effort into catching an killing me with their lap-top.

PogueCYDdharta