frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is it right for all female college to admit transgender dudes?

Debate Information

The First Women’s College To Admit Transgender Dudes Has Now Declared A Financial Emergency

Logicstatesjoderon_17
  1. Live Poll

Is it right for all female college to admit transgender dudes?

7 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%
WhyTrump - a good question

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• LogicLogic 279 Pts   -  
    I think either way men will be men, Women will be women.  The only change is the sexual orientation.
    northsouthkorea
  • northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    I agree with @logic , men may have some sort of sexual feelings for the opposite sex even if they are trasngender. Also, being transgender doesn't make a person gay.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    I think that it wasn't fair to all female students to have these "dudes" admitted without their consent. After all, they went there because it was an all girl school.  We are so worried about feelings of the few, that we are willing to make so many people uncomfortable.  
    CuriousGeorge
  • CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    @love2debate, great point. That's not what these women signed up for.
    statesjoderon_17
  • statesjoderon_17statesjoderon_17 21 Pts   -  
    No, it's simialar to admitting gays.
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -  
    I think a college being "all female" is not right in the first place. Next to such apparent discrimination and disregard with pure academic merit, the question on whether transgender people should be admitted seems pretty irrelevant. One major wrong is done; one minor, whether wrong or right, will not change the status quo significantly.

As far as my opinion goes, I would say that whether it is right depends on the philosophy behind the college's choice to only admit women. If it is a continuation of some old tradition, then it probably would not be right, because historically transgender people were not considered the gender they identified as. On the other hand, if it is a strange view on equality ("all genders are equal, so all genders should have that gender-only colleges available"), then I would say it is right.