frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Will women still need men in the future?

Debate Information

With feminist movement, LGBT, sperm banks, and advances in technology, there are questions if women need men and if that trend will further deteriorate in the future.
What do DebateIslanders think?
  1. Live Poll

Will women still need men in the future?

11 votes
    1. Yes
      63.64%
    2. No
        9.09%
    3. Already don't need them
      27.27%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    Of course:
    1) reproduction (even for sperm banks, someone needs to provide the ingredients)
    2) companionship and moral support
    3) sexual
    4) diversity of thought
    5) help around the house

I am sure there is more.  Similarly men will continue to need women. 
    Nathaniel_B
  • CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    @inc4t, many independent women already cut their reliance on men.  Not saying that women will not need men at all, but I can see a trend developing 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5970 Pts   -  
    "Need"? Not really; with the technology advancing so rapidly, soon people will be able to grow children in incubators, and reproduction through sex will become a thing of the past. "Women" and "men" both will be able to survive and reproduce on their own.

An interesting question is: will there even be "men" and "women" then? Historically our gender roles were defined by our relation to each other with regards to reproductive matters - and if this distinction is erased, then what will a "man" or a "woman" mean really? Even more so, if our species exists for centuries without sex-based reproduction, then will the genetic distinction between male-born and female-born humans? Or will our species evolve into genderless beings, with X and Y chromosomes fused into something unitary? Finally, as our cybernetic and genetic engineering technology evolves, will we not do this to ourselves willingly?

It would be interesting to explore physical and societal consequences of all these factors. But I am pretty sure that, regardless of the evolution scenario, in the end humans will be able to reproduce just fine regardless of sex and gender.
    MasterofPunNathaniel_B
  • YeshuaBoughtYeshuaBought 669 Pts   -  
    Of course. ;)
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @CuriousGeorge

@inc4t, many independent women already cut their reliance on men.  Not saying that women will not need men at all, but I can see a trend developing 
    How many is "Many"?  Are we talking about a substantial or unsubstantial population of the world and in either case, how many do you consider substantial/unsubstantial?  Are there many of these Women compared to the number of Women who aren't independent?  
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• Polaris95Polaris95 147 Pts   -  
    Who will provide the sperm for the sperm banks? Until we find away of genetically engineering children, you would still need 2 people of the same gender to reproduce. Also, I don't think sexual reproduction will ever die entirely. Humans have a natural drive for sex, and this is one of the most basic features of Homo Sapiens. But anything could happen in the future. I don't think gender will cease to exist in this century, but later who knows.
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    Need? No.

Want? More than ever.

Women lust dominant men. It's a raw fact they can't deny, they can't get properly wet unless they enter the masculine mindset but lesbians will remain a minority purely due to how variation pans out 
  • MasterofPunMasterofPun 34 Pts   -  
    "Need" is a relative term that isn't going to help clarify this debate. That's ok: I'll define it as "require in order to live in or above the status quo."

For starters, without men, the population of the planet would drop hugely. That'd be a problem. I could also mention that men currently tend to hold the higher-paid higher-education positions. That's not a good thing I'm saying, I'm just saying it's the status quo. If no more men were introduced into the ecosystem (from sperm banks or otherwise), our species would cease to exist. If I'm wrong here, someone correct me. I'm not too far along in my science classes about reproduction.

If you are asking if men will be required for reproduction - that's a speculative and difficult question. I sincerely hope so - b/c God designed men and women to be married, and children to come from that relationship. Any variation on this system are not meant to be - and are sinful by the Bible. I don't intend to change or alter that which God has created. I don't see wisdom in trying to disagree with what the LORD set in place - He is Omniscient, after all.

Before we get distracted from this debate,I just need to say that this is my opinion and my reasons for it.
  • Nathaniel_BNathaniel_B 182 Pts   -  
    Why is this even a question???
    “Communism is evil. Its driving forces are the deadly sins of envy and hatred.” ~Peter Drucker 

"It's not a gun control problem, it's a cultural control problem."
    Bob Barr