frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Jared Kushner is now a focus in the Russia investigation

Debate Information

Jared Kushner is now a focus in the Russia investigation http://wapo.st/2qljDEB

Investigators are focusing on a series of meetings held by Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and an influential White House adviser, as part of their probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and related matters, according to people familiar with the investigation.

Kushner, who held meetings in December with the Russian ambassador and a banker from Moscow, is being investigated because of the extent and nature of his interactions with the Russians, the people said.

joecavalry
  1. Live Poll

Will investigation find Jared Kushner did something inAppropriate?

6 votes
    1. Yes
      66.67%
    2. No
      33.33%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
33%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    There are so many conflicts of interests there that I wouldn't know where to start.  I am glad they are going after him.
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    Washington Post news...yes, not biased at all...
    this investigation is a waste of tax payers money and making a soap opera out of Capital Hill.
    @inc4t, I don't think it's fake news.

Now we learn that Kushner proposed setting up a secret communications channel between Trump's transition team and Russia using Russian facilities, according to Russia ambassador's report home. U.S. officials told The Post this was an apparent move by Kushner to block any monitoring of Trump's activities ahead of the inauguration from the U.S.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/26/jared-kushner-trying-to-secretly-talk-to-the-russians-is-the-biggest-billow-of-smoke-yet/?utm_term=.b4e440467dda

joecavalry
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Yes, if the Russians who are supposedly for the administration said that Kushner wanted to make a private line between the administration and the Russians he will be charged or fired from his position.
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    Not looking good for Kushner at all at this point....
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • CuriousGeorgeCuriousGeorge 109 Pts   -  
    I think it will find more ties to Trump it proceeds, and it may also become clear why Trump fired Comey
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @CuriousGeorge, that is possible but again not a prove.
    Live Long and Prosper
    I am really not seeing any legit reason for setting up the back channel without something going on
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    If this is true, doesn't it undermine the whole Trump/Russia collusion conspiracy?  That was the question posed by Harris Faulkner;

“If it’s true, wouldn’t that signify that there was not collusion?” she asked the former advisor to President Bill Clinton, Doug Schoen on the “Fox Report.” “Why would you need a back channel with the Kremlin if, in fact, you already had several established?”
    UNation
  • UNationUNation 2 Pts   -  
    There was no collusion. What Kushner did was a normal thing an incoming administration or current administration does on occasion. I doubt he would be charged with any sort of crime, but may be demoted of his role or removed from the cabinet.