frame

Are you part of 10% that will give up a car for Uber or Lyft?

Opening Argument

agsragsr 601 Pts

10 percent of Americans trading in a car plan to use Uber and Lyft instead of buying a new one

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/25/10-percent-of-americans-trading-in-a-car-plan-to-use-uber-and-lyft-instead-of-buying-a-new-one.html

northsouthkoreaaarong
  1. Are you part of 10% that will give up a car for Uber or Lyft?

8 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      100.00%
Live Long and Prosper

Arguments

• Maybe when it becomes self driving, but giving up a car to always wait for an uber ride, takes away flexibility in many cases.  I don't see myself giving up my car, and believe that 10% is overstated.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Car ownership still makes sense, except big cities with parking issues, but even then many prefer to keep as a luxury item.
    I can see convenience of Uber, but are you really going to call uber everytime to go grocery shopping?  Unless of course you just call freshDirect.
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • I'd prefer my car over Uber drivers. Don't trust them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKHpwASCghI
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." ~Gene Roddenberry

• In Kansas City, (where I live) it wouldn't be a feasible mode of transportation because of the distances we often have to travel. Owning a car is the best thing I can do in regard to transportation economically and logically. 
  • Uber has been gaing traction due to all the reports going around about them and the unsatisifaction of drivers.