frame

Necessary for humans to go to Mars?

Opening Argument

Before I explain, I'd just like to point out that during Obama's administration, he said he'd put humans on Mars and everyone loved him...but now that Trump said he wants to put humans on Mars, everyone hates him for it.

I think it's not as necessary as other accomplishments, but that being said, putting a human being on Mars would be an incredible scientific and technological accomplishment, and would philosophically continue to push humanity to its limits and force us to confront some of the greatest unknowns in the universe. Personally I just couldn't think of anything more exciting or cool and it's definitely a project worth funding.
  1. Should we try to put humans on Mars?

4 votes
    1. yeah!!!
      75.00%
    2. nah
      25.00%

Arguments

• We need a good option at some point when Earth becomes too crowded or has other issues. Mars is a long term investment, we should do it
  • agsragsr 601 PtsPremium MemberTechnology Community Moderator
    Premium MemberTechnology Community Moderator
    There is a space race to get to Mars, with Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Recently Trump (allocated significant funding).  It is difficult to debate that all 3 of them are wrong to try to do it
    Live Long and Prosper