frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Space is fake

Opening Argument

ErfisflatErfisflat 659 PtsPremium Member
Will we go to mars? Ha! The moon? Psh! Not even a trip to the ISS? Tell me why you think outer space is real. I'll give you a few good reasons why I think it's ludicrous.

1. Combustion is impossible without an oxygenated medium.

2. A positive pressure system is required for propulsion. Cars push off the ground, boats push off the water, and planes push off the air. You can't push off a vacuum. 

3. A positive pressure system can't exist next to a negative pressure system without a physical barrier. (Light bulbs, canned air, etc)

Oh and there is always empirical evidence. Like this ultra zoomed "star".

And "Lunar waves"

and some more "stars"

northsouthkoreathe_worldEvidenceSilverishGoldNova
  1. Space... is fake?

10 votes
    1. They're hiding God!
      50.00%
    2. But, but, muh Star Wars!
      50.00%
Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

Arguments

• Psalm 8:34 "When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him?"  The Bible mentions space, but calls it the heavens.  Different from heaven itself, mind you.  How do you explain what we see at night then?    
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 659 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    @SuperSith89

Psalm 19:1
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

Premium Member

Premium Member

Premium Member

Premium Member
    NASA be like: Going to space!

Premium Member
    http://biblehub.com/genesis/9-13.htm

What causes rainbows?
    Scientism explains it as:
    rainbow is a meteorological phenomenon that is caused by reflection, refraction and dispersion of light in water droplets resulting in a spectrum of light appearing in the sky.

This would infer that if conditions were just right, we could produce a rainbow in our shower! Wrong. A rainbow needs a mirror, or a reflective surface like that of water to produce a rainbow inside. The light hits the medium it is produced onto from two different angles at the same time. Once, directly, then again after it is reflected. Where those two rays meet, a rainbow can be seen, provided there is a medium (rain, etc.). This is an experiment anyone can try.

http://www.physicscentral.com/experiment/physicsathome/rainbow.cfm

We know the sun produces the first ray of light, so where is this (bow shaped) reflective surface? 

• If Space is fake.
    Who first decided to fake it?
    Why did they decide to fake it?
    And how were they able to fake it?
    Premium Member
    @Fredsnephew

1. Copernicus 

2. According to the most accurate astronomer, T ycho Brahe: "“There really are not any spheres in the heavens… Those of which have been devised by the experts to save the appearances exist only in the imagination, for the purpose of enabling the mind to conceive the motion which the heavenly bodies trace in their course and, by the aid of geometry, to determine the motion numerically through the use of arithmetic.”

3. Back then they had no way of proving it, so they just assumed it. They didn't have to fake it. NASA took over in the 50-60's and did all the faking then. About the same time all the space monster movies started hitting the big screen .(indoctrination )

• You know what, I honestly have considered your side and have been looking into it.  Problem is, I just don't see enough on your side that isn't just speculation or ideas or refusing evidence from the other side.  I'll admit, you are doing a good job, but you just can't sell it to me yet.  I just don't see enough.  

Question:  How do you explain comets, asteroids, and meteoroids?
    melanielust
    edited June 6 Premium Member
    @SuperSith89
    What evidence do you have for the existence of comets asteroids and meteoroids?

northsouthkorea

• :| @Erfisflat , how is space fake if you can see it with your very own eyes?
    Erfisflat
    Premium Member
    @northsouthkorea

How do you know you're looking at a vast vacuum when you look up? During the day, the sky is blue, but so is water. At night the sky is black, like water...

• @Erfisflat Craters in the ground.  There have been meteor showers seen with the human eye too.  You can also see meteors shoot by and not just NASA photos.  Also, how do you explain seasons?  A sphere makes sense with a slight tilt, but a flat earth doesn't fit.  Also, why does each side have night and day differently?  On your idea, the sun would light all of it and overpower the light given off of the moon's reflection.  I know that is more flat earth but these two go hand in hand.  
    edited June 7 Premium Member
    You know what, I honestly have considered your side and have been looking into it.  Problem is, I just don't see enough on your side that isn't just speculation or ideas or refusing evidence from the other side.  I'll admit, you are doing a good job, but you just can't sell it to me yet.  I just don't see enough.  

Question:  How do you explain comets, asteroids, and meteoroids?
    I didn't want to leave you hanging, (comets)yes, we see lights in the sky, they are supposedly on orbital paths around our sun like this.

Does it seem logical that a small object like a comet takes the huge path outside of our so called solar system, and still find it's way back in a predictable manner? Keep in mind that not only is the sun moving around the galaxy at 45,000 miles per hour, and the entire galaxy is rocketing through the universe at 1.3 million miles per hour, and the sun doesn't have a tail.
    Evidence

• @Erfisflat Due to gravity, yes.  Gravity is a powerful force and the speed really is irrelevant to it coming back since it has a speed faster.  
    Premium Member
    @SuperSith89

Let's take a look at a "crater."

Where is the huge rock that caused this? Did it disintegrate?

Why don't we see craters that look like they were hit at an angle, like we see in meteor showers. One only need a marble and sand to see this crater was hit at a 90 degree angle from above or below. For that matter, we only see meteors coming down, never up from the horizon as they should on a ball earth

It's more likely this was an explosion from within the earth, or a sinkhole, since a crater this big would've left a rock or some very large chunks of meteors.

Which leads me to showers. It's likely that something,  or someone has damaged the dome.

When the sun is at a certain place in the firmament, it causes a reaction, similar to elves and sprites.

Very good empirical evidence for the firmament in there. Which sort of reminds me of this.

The done, or part of it, may consist of crystal of some sort, and meteors may be parts of it, possibly colliding with itself, or reacting to the air pressure. I'm sure if I could get up there to test it, I'd have a better idea.

Seasons can be actually better explained in the flat earth model. In the northern hemi"sphere", north gets it's summer when the sun is on a tighter circuit around the north pole. In the globe model, the sun is supposedly at it's furthest point away from the sun in it's orbit.

This has already been proven and comically put on nearly every globe, probably as an inside joke.

The sun analemma shows a wider base for the Sun's yearly path, which makes no sense on a globe, yet perfect sense on a circular plane.

"Also, why does each side have night and day differently? "

I think I've gone over this in my debate here, Earth is flat. Once more quickly. The sun is small and close. It sheds its light locally, like this.

Alternatively, (for those big ones in Russia recently ) there have been strange containers found all over, seemingly burned. They could be military "meteors" thrown from planes that didn't quite burn up.

And then there project bluebeam, but that's another long story.
    Evidence

• This is getting a little ridiculous. There's just no point in arguing with confirmed facts. Why would anyone want to invent all of this up?

To prove space is real literally all you have to do is take a telescope into your backyard on a clear night, find out online where the planets are, and look for one. You can get pretty good views of many planets. I'm an amateur astronomer. I do this every single night. There's more than just planets, too. With a larger telescope, or by going to an observatory, you can VERY clearly see nebulae with your own eyes. It's not that hard to understand. And if you're religious, who's not to say that God created all of the beautiful cosmos?

edited September 19 Premium Member

• @Erfisflat Because it's mathematically provable.
    Premium Member
    @melanielust

Based on false axioms like the shape of the earth, and wrong distances to other celestial bodies...

Premium Member
    @melanielust

I've given logical and scientifically sound conclusive evidence here that contradicts an infinite space vacuum, can you address that? Why is there no parallax in the stars?

• @Erfisflat there IS parallax in the stars! It's one of the most famous stellar phenomena. It's why constellations have shapes!

http://abyss.uoregon.edu/~js/glossary/parallax.html
    Premium Member
    @melanielust

Parallax in the stars means, to me, that the shapes of the constellations would change if they were different distances from the earth. Similar to riding a train and seeing the poles, which are closer, move faster, and the mountain, which is further away, move slower. The fact that constellations have remained the same over the course of all observable history means there is no parallax. Here, you'll see the trees closest to the tracks move faster in relation to the further trees. This parallax is not empirically observed in the stars.

Premium Member
    @melanielust
    Way to dodge those points though!
    Evidence