frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

+ NEW DEBATE

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atheism IS a Religion

VaulkVaulk 178 Points
edited June 7 in Religion
For reference, we'll be discussing "Western Atheism".  As a disclaimer, I make no supposition that "All" of any group of individuals are "All" the same or "All" believe the same way.  For the purpose of debating this subject it's necessary to establish that in this context, "Atheists" is a reference to the prominent leaders (And the numbers that maintain their belief) in Atheism in Western Culture today: Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennett, Stephen Hawking, Steven Pinker, Michael Shermer and Peter Singer.  Understanding that there are individuals out there who do not necessarily believe the same way that the individuals listed above do, we're going to discuss prominent Atheism as the majority and not the exception to the group.

The case for the assertion that Atheism can be viewed as a Religion can be found in an answer that an Atheist might have for the question "Are you a Christian"? 

An Atheist might answer with, "No, I'm an Atheist".

When asked "Are you a Muslim, Buddhist or Hindu"?  An Atheist may answer the same, "No, I'm an Atheist". 

This is indicative that being an Atheist is analogous to being a Christian, Muslim or Buddhist.  On the same hand this also suggests that Atheism is analogous to Christianity, Islam or Buddhism.  In layman's terms, Atheism can be viewed as comparable to Religion.

To make this further evident we should ask ourselves the following:

1. What does Atheism have in common with Religion?
    a. They have their own worldview: Materialism: The theory of belief that nothing exists except matter and its movements and modifications.  Atheists interpret all data within the worldview of materialism.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/materialism
http://strangenotions.com/nothings-the-matter-with-atheistic-materialism/
    b. They have their own Orthodoxy : Authorized or generally accepted theories, doctrines, or practices. Atheists maintain that everything can be explained as the product of unintentional, non-directed, purposeless evolution.  No truth claim is acceptable if it cannot be subjected to scientific scrutiny.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/orthodoxy
    c. They have their own Apostasy: To abandon one's former religious faith.  Antony Flew was one of the world's most prominent Atheists before he changed his mind.  He was vilified by Richard Dawkins and the New Atheist Movement and was accused of "Tergiversation" (Changing one's loyalties; abandoning a belief or principle).
http://thinkingmatters.org.nz/2009/09/eminent-atheist-changes-his-mind-the-antony-flew-story/
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/tergiversate
    d. They have their own messiah: Charles Darwin.  In thew views of the New Atheist Movement, Charles Darwin destroyed Theism by providing the explanation of life that doesn't require God as a cause or explanation.
    e. They have their own preachers and evangelists: Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens and Daniel Dennett.  These Men aren't out there to ask that Atheism be given respect, they're looking for converts and calling for the end of Theism.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism
    f.  They have faith: God cannot be proven or refuted, to deny it takes faith.  Evolution cannot account for why our universe is orderly, predictable or measurable.  Evolutionary theory has no rational explanation for why we have rational explanation.  The source of our self-awareness, the source of our consciousness, the universal sense of right and wrong...none of these things can be accounted for with any degree of rationality by Atheists and so faith steps in.
http://strangenotions.com/do-atheists-have-faith/   ;

Now as to the meaning of Religion.  While I admit in the past I have held strictly conservative views on the meanings of words, I concede that context is the supreme ruler of communication in that the meaning of a word can change not only over time, but by how people use them.  It's still worthwhile to respect our socially accepted meaning of a word before attempting to build a case around it.

Religion:
[Mass noun]
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/religion
1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or Gods.

1.1 [count noun] A particular system of faith and worship.

1.2 [count noun] A pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.

To summarize, one could say that if something is Religious, then that something is concerning, related to or regarding God(s).  Atheism is a direct position against the existence of God(s).  While distinctions are firmly in place between Atheism and traditional Religious practices, the hallmarks of  Religion are observable within the Atheist community and those are:

1. Faith based belief.
2. Ritualistic acts
3. Moral code with supernatural origin
4. A worldview and organization of one's life based upon such
5. A social group bound together by the above

To clarify,1). Atheism is faith based as I've mentioned before, there is no proving or disproving God and therefor any belief or disbelief is faith based at some point.  2). Atheists apply the materialistic worldview to all data as a matter of rigorous practice.  3). Atheists have admitted openly to having a moral code which comes off more often than not as "I don't need God to be good" but since Morality is beyond scientific understanding...it's supernatural.

https://www.thoughtco.com/defining-the-characteristics-of-religion-250679

For these reasons I contend that Atheism is a Religion, a Religion unlike any other but a Religion none-the-less.

joecavalryErfisflatagsrImbster
  1. Is Atheism a Religion?8 votes
    1. No
      50.00%
    2. Yes
      50.00%

Comments

• joecavalryjoecavalry 96 Points
    No, atheism is not a religion. Atheists have a belief of not following religion or at least the one they were born with or referred to before. If atheism would be a religion, they would not follow that religion either. Instead, atheism, is more of a get away plan. Atheism doesn't have any or too many rules like other religion which also creates another point.
  • VaulkVaulk 178 Points
    edited June 7
    @joecavalry, I disagree, the definition of Atheism has nothing to do with Religion as Religion is not exclusively the worship of God, the recognition of the supernatural or otherwise.  Religion can simply be a system of beliefs that govern your behavior.  Atheism is simply not believing in the existence of God...there are non-theistic religions out there such as the Quakers, an Atheist could very easily become a Quaker, and adopt their practices without ever believing in the existence of God.  I do however, agree with your statement that it's more of a "Get away plan" as Atheism seems to be a wild stab at neutrality in reference to God although it's disingenuous intellectually.

• ImbsterImbster 72 Points
    Moral code with supernatural origin???Hold On. What is true and observable in my view, in epistemological sense is that I got morals from my parents who believe in a God and morals from my teachers who believe in a God also and morals from books believed to have been made by God. I didn't get it from any supernatural being or entity that speaks to me in visions or any other way. Does that mean I got it from God if I got it from people who believe in a God? Stop associating conclusionary things to DIRECT THINGS. I call you out to make personal experience claims right now, make any lie that you wish to my questions in this 1st paragraph. So God at time/times flashed words in your head morally related and you understood them right away when you were young? Were you able to apply these built-in animations at heart by God right away to your fellow peers, companions and parents? Did you right away and surely and always felt a responsibility to be always morally right? Let's just say education(whether formal or not), a human system, plays a big role in comprehending hundreds of systems even your moral system.

No, I got it from people who could fully comprehend and understand words based with their accumulated logic and perceive examples and demonstrations thy fully apprehend enough they could relay it unto me. Two words, free will, there is no such as thing as God using people as instruments to do things. From what I know, humans translated earlier moral-related terms for even you to understand right now and we don't even acknowledge them cause there's a bigger fish to recognise. Why do you think there's 'bad influence' that destroys biblical moral codes most of the time? There are people who spread evil and teach the opposite of morals and you tell me there's a supernatural origin that has embedded it unto all of us when we were conceived. Strong no, formal education gave me morals. No don't say God gave me morals through this medium because free will. You think when I was young I perfectly understood deep down why I shouldn't hit people as if it's built-in me already not to hit other kids?? If morals were some built-in code made by an omnipotent supernaturally originating God then evil shouldn't be able to hack it easily therefore free will certainly is true proving that God has nothing to do anymore with modern human morals as he does not wish to intervene or doesn't have power to.

Point to him as the source sure, the creator of these morals but he never taught them properly to all his children he should thank his other children for doing so but he can't even thank them cause free will. We needed a book, a priest and a system to be established for ages for good morals to continuously flourish amongst generations not a god. He created it as 'resoures' and left it to be found by treasure hunters and I got it from those treasure hunters but as 'finer products' because they were ultimately processed. I'm giving the degree of rationality here you claim atheists can't account for. Consciousness? Our obviously coordinating organ systems aren't enough? As if God had power to intervene with how strong my immune system is.

I don't even consider Charles Darwin as my 'messiah' and that is just as offensive as to a muslim when I push that Jesus is the Son of God, the messiah. 
  • melanielustmelanielust 204 Points
    edited June 7
    Atheism exists to reject religion, whether by apathy - individually believing that no God exists and religion is unnecessary;  - or by action, where atheists might attempt to bring down religious establishments. The points you listed were very clear, logical, and EXCELLENTLY researched, as usual. However, from your first point I had my doubts. The way people answer questions is not indicative of a religion; it is trivial semanticity and not enough to make a broad judgement or definition of a group. While atheists are a demographic of people, and there are certainly those who try to follow or enforce a moral code, atheism is far more diverse in that not everyone chooses to believe in such codes. Plenty of atheists are nihilists and think that true morals don't exist. Ultimately, atheism is more of a philosophy than a religion: like any school of thought, there will be some purposeful organization, but as it is based off of the rejection of religion/God, I do not think it could be considered an organized religion, or a religion at all.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 185 Points
    Christians believe and have faith in the words of men.

Atheists believe and have faith in the words of men.

Atheists believe, without empirical or logical evidence, that the earth is round, it goes around the sun, the sun is a star, it was all created from a lucky, random cosmic big bang, which is illogical and has never been proven empirically, along with macroevolution. What caused all of this? Gravity, otherwise known as big G.

Wowsil
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 176 Points
    Of course Atheism is a religion.  Religions, like Catholicism, or Islam, or Atheism, are all attempts to explain the unknowable. they claim to have answers to questions that, by definition, have no answers.  Atheism is, thus, a faith-based belief.  The opposite of religion isn't atheism, it's agnosticism, the lack of faith in any belief system.    Agnosticism is the realization that the questions religion tries to answer cannot be answered, and that one religion is no more valid than another. 

• ErfisflatErfisflat 185 Points
    Why do people confuse religion with theism? I believe in a creator, but i don't practice a religion.
  • VaulkVaulk 178 Points
    edited June 7
    @Imbster

Imbster said:
    Moral code with supernatural origin???Hold On.

Origin: The point or place where something begins, arises or is derived.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/origin

Yes, supernatural origin.  So let's use your example of something that you possess that you obtained from your parents who obtained it from theirs who believed in God.  If my Great Great Grandfather obtained a gold nugget from Sweden, gave it to his Son who in turn gave it to his son who would give it to his son later on and eventually gave it to me...then the origin of the gold nugget is still Swedish.  It doesn't matter who had it, who used it or who was responsible for its transfer from one hand to another, its origin remains the same through time.

Additionally, you've taken my generalizations about prominent Atheism in Western Culture and narrowed it down to a personal level by implying that these ideologies don't necessarily apply to you.  Please see my disclaimer at the beginning as I make no attempt at painting with a broad brush stroke for "All" Atheists.  We can however, still have a debate concerning Prominent Atheism...we just can't resort to using one's own personal experiences or beliefs as cause, justification or evidence.

• VaulkVaulk 178 Points
    @Erfisflat , good point.  Case in point - Quakers.  The Quaker religion is without a higher power but is a recognized and accepted Religion none-the-less.  You could be an Atheistic Quaker and nether views or beliefs would contradict one another.  In that regard, there could be such a thing as a "Religious Atheist".  Likewise believing in the existence of God(s) does not necessitate a Religion.
  • EvidenceEvidence 59 Points
    Vaulk said:
    For reference, we'll be discussing "Western Atheism".  As a disclaimer, I make no supposition that "All" of any group of individuals are "All" the same or "All" believe the same way.  For the purpose of debating this subject it's necessary to establish that in this context, "Atheists" is a reference to the prominent leaders (And the numbers that maintain their belief) in Atheism in Western Culture today: Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennett, Stephen Hawking, Steven Pinker, Michael Shermer and Peter Singer.  Understanding that there are individuals out there who do not necessarily believe the same way that the individuals listed above do, we're going to discuss prominent Atheism as the majority and not the exception to the group.

Religion:
    [Mass noun]
    1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or Gods.

To summarize, one could say that if something is Religious, then that something is concerning, related to or regarding God(s).  Atheism is a direct position against the existence of God(s).  While distinctions are firmly in place between Atheism and traditional Religious practices, the hallmarks of  Religion are observable within the Atheist community and those are:

1. Faith based belief.
    2. Ritualistic acts

To clarify,1). Atheism is faith based as I've mentioned before, there is no proving or disproving God and therefor any belief or disbelief is faith based at some point.  2). Atheists apply the materialistic worldview to all data as a matter of rigorous practice.  3). Atheists have admitted openly to having a moral code which comes off more often than not as "I don't need God to be good" but since Morality is beyond scientific understanding...it's supernatural.

For these reasons I contend that Atheism is a Religion, a Religion unlike any other but a Religion none-the-less.

I agree, atheism is a religion, their doctrine is the BB-Evolution, and their Prophets are the ones you so well pointed out, the greatest one being Darwin (which would be like our Jesus Christ).
    Theism/atheism are two sides of the same coin, which is "religion".

But don't stop here, because if you dig a little deeper, you will see that just as we have two sides to religion 'theism/atheism' there is also two sides to the concept of God:
    One side, the popular side is that God/gods can only be believed in, as in blind faith
    Two, that God is real, which is the God we find in the Bible, the God I worship and serve, who is real and can be known through science.

Look, in theism (theos which is Greek for god/gods) all the gods are believed to be in what?
    Ask any theist, and I do mean ANY theist as to;

1. Who is your God/gods?
    Answer: Deities.

2. Where would we find these god/gods?
    Answer: Well since the concept of god/gods is a supernatural one, .. they'd all be in the supernatural realm.

3. Can you theist imagine a god/gods outside of religion? In another words;  Is the concept of your god/gods based on scientific evidence, or do their existence really just boils down to having to believe them on blind faith?

What I'm saying is that; there is not ONE religion on earth that believes that their god/gods are scientifically real, .. not one, otherwise every religion along with their gods would go out of business, .. just go and ask Sid Roth, or any powerful Christian Leader/Minister/Teacher/Pope!?

1. The "Unknown God" mentioned in the Bible whom me and my family serve,

2. The tens of thousands of gods created by religions, which from about 325AD includes our One and Only Possible Infinite Creator "I Am" mentioned in the Bible, and evidenced by nature/creation, who was turned into a man by Constantine and the Catholic Church, and then deified to at least three gods, and are thought to reside in the "supernatural realm" along with all the other fallen angels/demons and evil spirits.
    Vaulk said:

Religion:
    [Mass noun]

1. Faith based belief.
    2. Ritualistic acts

I agree, atheism is a religion, their doctrine is the BB-Evolution, and their Prophets are the ones you so well pointed out, the greatest one being Darwin (which would be like our Jesus Christ).
    Theism/atheism are two sides of the same coin, which is "religion".

But don't stop here, because if you dig a little deeper, you will see that just as we have two sides to religion 'theism/atheism' there is also two sides to the concept of God:
    One side, the popular side is that God/gods can only be believed in, as in blind faith
    Two, that God is real, which is the God we find in the Bible, the God I worship and serve, who is real and can be known through science.

Look, in theism (theos which is Greek for god/gods) all the gods are believed to be in what?
    Ask any theist, and I do mean ANY theist as to;

1. Who is your God/gods?
    Answer: Deities.

2. Where would we find these god/gods?
    Answer: Well since the concept of god/gods is a supernatural one, .. they'd all be in the supernatural realm.

3. Can you theist imagine a god/gods outside of religion? In another words;  Is the concept of your god/gods based on scientific evidence, or do their existence really just boils down to having to believe them on blind faith?

What I'm saying is that; there is not ONE religion on earth that believes that their god/gods are scientifically real, .. not one, otherwise every religion along with their gods would go out of business, .. just go and ask Sid Roth, or any powerful Christian Leader/Minister/Teacher/Pope!?

1. The "Unknown God" mentioned in the Bible whom me and my family serve,

2. The tens of thousands of gods created by religions, which from about 325AD includes our One and Only Possible Infinite Creator "I Am" mentioned in the Bible, and evidenced by nature/creation, who was turned into a man by Constantine and the Catholic Church, and then deified to at least three gods, and are thought to reside in the "supernatural realm" along with all the other fallen angels/demons and evil spirits.
    Imbster said:
    No, I got it from people who could fully comprehend and understand words based with their accumulated logic and perceive examples and demonstrations thy fully apprehend enough they could relay it unto me. Two words, free will, there is no such as thing as God using people as instruments to do things. From what I know, humans translated earlier moral-related terms for even you to understand right now and we don't even acknowledge them cause there's a bigger fish to recognise. Why do you think there's 'bad influence' that destroys biblical moral codes most of the time? There are people who spread evil and teach the opposite of morals and you tell me there's a supernatural origin that has embedded it unto all of us when we were conceived. Strong no, formal education gave me morals. No don't say God gave me morals through this medium because free will. You think when I was young I perfectly understood deep down why I shouldn't hit people as if it's built-in me already not to hit other kids?? If morals were some built-in code made by an omnipotent supernaturally originating God then evil shouldn't be able to hack it easily therefore free will certainly is true proving that God has nothing to do anymore with modern human morals as he does not wish to intervene or doesn't have power to.

Point to him as the source sure, the creator of these morals but he never taught them properly to all his children he should thank his other children for doing so but he can't even thank them cause free will. We needed a book, a priest and a system to be established for ages for good morals to continuously flourish amongst generations not a god. He created it as 'resoures' and left it to be found by treasure hunters and I got it from those treasure hunters but as 'finer products' because they were ultimately processed. I'm giving the degree of rationality here you claim atheists can't account for. Consciousness? Our obviously coordinating organ systems aren't enough? As if God had power to intervene with how strong my immune system is.

I don't even consider Charles Darwin as my 'messiah' and that is just as offensive as to a muslim when I push that Jesus is the Son of God, the messiah. 
    @Vaulk

The point here is God like 'If I made a business I'd let someone else run it'. That's exactly what he does with morals. Point him out as the source and never ever acknowledge your teachers, your parents, your companions who have taught you well and are your primary preachers of morals while God has never. Primary because if illustrated in a pyramid, morals are at the bottom DIRECTLY CONSUMED by humans.. God can't intervene with free will. He can't be inside them and possess them to flourish upright values. Tell me one damn personal experience where God taught you full comprehension of the ten commandments. Through your religious preachers? Free. Will.

It's like God as a well of pure water but wells can't walk nor splash people or squirt them with water to drink so people go to the well and get water and give them to others for survival. Now then, a father's son is thirsty and they are far from the well so he has to travel. He reaches the well and comes home to satisfy his son's thirst.
    For you it's no source, no water .For me no work, no water.

Do you seriously believe if crimes greatly arise God would do something or humans would do everything? You are so convinced your God is the source of morals then why does his creation show more upright morals than him? Not doing anything when there's rape? I could just watch a man rape a woman in the middle of nowhere and pray to God as hard as I can that He save her but no, nothing will happen, faith alone doesn't solve anything right? But if I save her and a little article is published God will be credited and dumb people will even argue "See? God saves rape victims and doesn't let them get raped you dumb atheists" when I'm atheist, God shouldn't even support me and consider me his child and therefore have no use of me. Don't tell me the "It was his/her time" argument unto why she was raped. That thing should only be associated with baby deaths.

God is the biggest witness to any crime and not even the court has realised that but he doesn't even wish to participate in any which should've solved a lot of cases instead of them being abandoned. Why when humans do nothing it is considered lacking better morals but when God...

And if I just watch her get raped, and some other witnesses saves her and sees me, I'm THE ONE that goes to court and is questioned why I didn't do anything and get accused of 'enjoying' the rape and why is God not accused nor questioned the same as I? Didn't we both just watch??? Religious bias. Doesn't he have a moral responsibility? Yeah just to respect free will. Done I'm morally upright, God is morally neutral like a student always waiting for other students to answer a teacher's question never raising his hand.

I sent the comment, yet the "Leave comment" box remained with my comment in it??
    Only on this Post, .. ??
    Ill send this and see what happens?
    Ah, good, back to normal.
    @Imbster
    "The point here is God like 'If I made a business I'd let someone else run it'. That's exactly what he does with morals. Point him out as the source and never ever acknowledge your teachers, your parents, your companions who have taught you well and are your primary preachers of morals while God has never. Primary because if illustrated in a pyramid, morals are at the bottom DIRECTLY CONSUMED by humans.. God can't intervene with free will. He can't be inside them and possess them to flourish upright values. Tell me one damn personal experience where God taught you full comprehension of the ten commandments. Through your religious preachers? Free. Will."

I can't believe how man has regressed to where God had to appear on a Mountain to tell them about these basic Ten Commandments? I mean come on; "You shalt not kill, you shalt not steal, or take what is not yours etc." .. seriously? I mean it's OK to teach a 2 year old, .. and maybe to "remind" a 4 year old, but to have to teach this to full grown adults who have been living on Gods Earth for a few thousand years, and have built civilizations, big cities, empires!?
    And then what, .. man blames God for them regressing to a child-like state?

Read Genesis again, you know, creation and all. Where God prepared EVERYTHING for man, then gave him Eve, and told them to fill the earth with children. God even shown up every day "In the cool of the Day" to chat with them, to see if all was well, and to see if they needed anything? Like before God made Eve, He seen that Adam was not really happy, even though he had the Garden to keep him busy, and all the animals as company, and without Adam even having to ask, God knew there was something wrong and made him Eve.

Yes, read Genesis again, then the rest of the Bible because from what I read in there, I see that God is VERY concerned about man, having provided EVERYTHING man would EVER need, and if he would have asked for ANYTHING that God didn't provide, God would have surely created it and gave it to us.

So it's not that; God is just watching, .. He is torn in the heart, saying; "I an sorry I ever created man" and because He sees nothing but sin, He looks away from all the evil that we are doing to each other. And yes, He will definitely hold those of us who do nothing to stop evil spreading, especially those that sit back and watch as evil spreads, accountable. It will be like Jesus explained about the worker that received one talent to work with, and instead of doing something with it, he hid it, and on the Last Day gave it back to the Creator.

It's like if we buy our children a beautiful car, and they trash it, and even get hurt doing it and come to us blaming us for the "shitty-car" we bought them, and look what injuries it caused them!
    SuperSith89
    I wouldn't buy my child things he's not ready for unlike God. I'd wait for the right age to come to upgrade his pick-up truck to a bugghati.
    He is torn in the heart, saying; "I an sorry I ever created man" 
    He sees nothing but sin? He never saw mother theresa? Even my religious teacher wouldn't tell me that.
    If we regret something don't we do something better?Don't we fix it?
    @Evidence
    Why don't you read the Bible again especially exodus since you insist continuing after Genesis. In that desert sure God gave them everything they needed and wanted but he took something more precious than the material things they were always spoiled with, He took their chance, ability or even capability to reach Jerusalem all because Moses didn't talk to a rock when God commanded him and instead tapped the rock twice with his staff. Don't even cover up God was testing their obedience I mean when a baby does the opposite of what we command we don't ban the baby from his/her crib or his/her milk bottle we just even laugh at it. God isn't seeing them as children but CREATION that he has absolute rule over.
  • FredsnephewFredsnephew 50 Points
    Atheism is simply a descriptive word.
    Atheism describes the antithesis of religion.
    Therefore Atheism cannot be regarded as a religion.
    Imbster said:
    I wouldn't buy my child things he's not ready for unlike God. I'd wait for the right age to come to upgrade his pick-up truck to a bugghati.
    He is torn in the heart, saying; "I an sorry I ever created man" 
    He sees nothing but sin? He never saw mother theresa? Even my religious teacher wouldn't tell me that.
    If we regret something don't we do something better?Don't we fix it?
    @Evidence
    Why don't you read the Bible again especially exodus since you insist continuing after Genesis. In that desert sure God gave them everything they needed and wanted but he took something more precious than the material things they were always spoiled with, He took their chance, ability or even capability to reach Jerusalem all because Moses didn't talk to a rock when God commanded him and instead tapped the rock twice with his staff. Don't even cover up God was testing their obedience I mean when a baby does the opposite of what we command we don't ban the baby from his/her crib or his/her milk bottle we just even laugh at it. God isn't seeing them as children but CREATION that he has absolute rule over.
    (I've been cut off from Debate.org ???)

Upgrade to a Bugatti? Adam was a Bugatti, we don't know how long he's been in the Garden. We do know he was a scientist since we read he was doing Taxonomy (identifying and naming all the animals) way before God took one of his ribs and created Eve out of it. Adam was one of Gods perfections, after his creation God checked him out and found "it was all good".

Mother Teresa, .. are you serious? She was a devout Catholic possessed by demons where even the Catholic Priests had to perform their famous "exorcism" on her several times over her life. I mean she caused millions of young female victims to join the Catholic religion after her, .. may God have mercy on her soul!

Yes, God, just like we do tried to fix the problems, but free will stands between God and the fixin'? Imagine a Bugatti with free will, you do a nice front wheel alignment on it, and it purposely cross-eyes it's front wheels tearing up 3 year warranted tires in just 3 months, just like the almighty illuminated ones that run all the auto shops/tire shops in the States do.

Moses tapping the rock? Like I said, they were NOT children, but man gradually regressed to a stubborn childish state denying their Creator just as they do now. That's why I said God had to call Moses to teach them basics like the Ten Commandments; "You shall not take what's not yours, .. DUH!" for petesakes.
    And yes, the little "desert" trip was to weed out the chaff from the wheat. But just as we see it today with the Germans, evil begets evil. This is why the Lord said for now: "Let them be, I will come and separate the chaff from the wheat, their bodies I will burn with unquenchable fire, and their souls (since the mind/spirit of man cannot be destroyed) I will cast into that fiery hell prepared for the Devil and his angels where they will be tormented day and night (remembering their wicked, conniving evil deeds in life) forever and ever."

"CREATION that he has absolute rule over" ??
    God didn't create robots, but individuals with their own free will, .. just like He our Creator has. Remember we were created in His image, not evolved from a wet rock.

God is far from laughing, it GRIEVES Him to see how man enjoys torturing his fellow man. To rob, pillage, cheat, torment others, men women and even little children all while rolling their eyes back up into their sockets in enjoyment!

I mean take a look at this,

has not God blessed the Germans, providing the sun (which they desperately try to cover with chem-trails) and the rain (which they also use for destruction with their-HAARP) like he has other nations (even more) and this is how they repay Him? It's like: "In your face God, we rather worship the branches of a dead tree than You! Lucifer is our God, and it is him who we worship, .. see!"

Choose wisely people, God is not blind nor stupid, He takes a note of everything, and we will give an account to not just every action, but to every word we ever uttered!
    And since we are adults with enough knowledge and power to destroy the whole world (unless God stops them) we shall be judged like adults. He will not treat us like little kids, sending us into the corner to think about what we did, but will cast us into hell to be tormented day and night with the thought of what we did!

(I've been cut off from Debate.org ???)
  • @Evidence Debate.org is officially dead. May it rest in peace.

Anyways, I personally see Athiesm as a lack of religion. Definitely an interesting topic, though.
    @Evidence Debate.org is officially dead. May it rest in peace.

Anyways, I personally see Athiesm as a lack of religion. Definitely an interesting topic, though.

Debate.org dead, .. why?

Most atheists that I know are very religious, dedicated to denying the gods in religions, .. of which none is our Infinite and Eternal Creator "I Am".

Just imagine what will happen when God opens the eyes of the masses where they realize that none of the god/gods found in religion is our Creator God who is mentioned in the Bible! When they'll hear the Bridegroom coming, they will run to get some oil for their lamps (truth), but by that time the Bridegroom will close the door, and those who didn't care before as to which God/gods they worshipped will be left outside, in the dark .. weeping and gnashing their teeth!

When I talk to Christians about it, they get terrified, since they cannot imagine God being real, and not the one in their religion.
    The Priests and Ministers won't even debate the idea, .. "Not debatable!" they say! But of course, .. since they make a living proselytizing the different gods in religions. That's why the Catholic Religion became the richest organization on the face of the whole earth, .. and with so many people, everyone want's to get in on the action.

Like Billy Graham, Jim Jones, Benny Hinn, David Koresh, and even Eric Dubay the Flat Earther is selling his version of god/gods! They all have their agenda, and what better book to use to sell their personal god/gods than the Bible, right? The History and the stories in there are so good, Christians don't even realize that the god/gods the business, or social club organizations and the cults (because that's all they are) sell have nothing to do with our Creator mentioned in the Bible. And since it has been over 1,700 years of this, no one dares to question the Religion because even their own family would disown them!
    "Faith my son, .. just believe! Seeking evidence shows lack of faith! God hates unbelievers, trust us, we speak for God so we will take full responsibility, God will not punish you if we're wrong, but will judge you according to your faith" .. and so on. Sad, especially when there is hell to pay!
    Erfisflat
    edited June 12
    Contradictory already @Evidence.

I've watched the video and will only say that on first thought, these are forms of anti-religious fanaticism and any fanaticism is not good for the betterment of a man or society. On second thought, this is just their pure culture.

How can God be 'grieving' when He only judges according to faith? Good deeds count sends you to heaven? A belief even the bishop wouldn't agree. It's faith in Jesus' death and resurrection that sends you to heaven. Listen here historian, since you claim Catholic Religion is the richest organization then that already goes against Bible teachings. That's why when Catholics give, they act like Pharisees compare it to the woman who had little but gave all. THAT is faith, depending on God's WILL to keep you alive and not FREE WILL for yourself hey I need money for myself. As scholars have proposed people may align their free will with God's will but even as simple as 'paper with value' alignment doesn't happen. That is what the religion proposes. Why they roll their eyes back up into their socket manifesting enjoyment? Who wouldn't enjoy the abusive thought faith in Jesus alone has saved me or my sins are too small?

The history and stories there are so good in the Bible! My favourite part was when David was told to collect 200 foreskins from a certain race of people to be given to Saul to have the hand of Saul's daughter. Let's not forget that the one God appointed to guard hell and be hell's ruler could actually enter heaven and manifest to us gambling and the earliest side effects of betting. Hey what about one of the most questionable women in the Bible Esther going through perhaps the most unpolitical or royal way to become queen.

No it doesn't grieve him to see man torture other men but specifically it grieves him for NON-BELIEVERS of CATHOLICISM to torture other men.

Ephesians 2:8-9
    For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves;  it is the gift of God, not of our works, lest anyone should boast

Links that debunks good people go to heaven
    http://www.allaboutgod.com/how-to-get-to-heaven.htm
    https://www.focusonthefamily.com/faith/becoming-a-christian/is-christ-the-only-way/dont-all-good-people-go-to-heaven
    https://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-only-way.html

Jesus is the way not your way or the amount of times you helped a woman cross the street.

So you don't tell me God is grieving with the amount of sin man does because if everyone was catholic, everyone would be saved just by believing in a very important religious teaching about Jesus. Salvation isn't something to be earned in the catholic religion but is already a GIFT. I'm very sure the catholic priests who have molested children are enjoying heaven.

Very selfish of God to have one unity of people believing in catholicism to enter heaven but anyway that's all that matters to his people who believe they are in the correct and true religion, entering heaven. It doesn't occur to them nor sadden them that other people of other religions don't go to heaven but give them that 'eyes back up into their socket enjoyment' that they were right and other people were crazy not to believe in Jesus as the way.