frame
Howdy Debater!
Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Satellites are sci-fi

Opening Argument

ErfisflatErfisflat 462 PtsPremium Member
A so called "proof" for a spherical earth, this sci-fi invention requires another discussion altogether. 

First dreamed up by Arthur C Clarke in a 1945 Wireless World magazine, the idea of satellites were scooped up by NASA, who took it and ran with it.

http://lakdiva.org/clarke/1945ww/

NASA loves sci-fi authors like Arthur and Stanley Kubrick (who made the original moon landings). Not to mention fantasy fiction writers like Walt Disney(who does most of NASA's CGI and animations). 

Getting off topic a little. Consider the classic atheist argument of God: "I don't see him, therefore he doesn't exist" 

I even tried to Google some pictures of satellites in orbit, all CGI.

There are supposedly over 2,000 satellites in orbit and 22,000 total "trackable" pieces of space junk flying around up there,

so maybe some of them showed up in any of the "images" of earth from space. No luck. I watched hours upon hours of footage from the supposed footage from the ISS. No luck. See for yourself. 

Speaking of the ISS, which is itself a satellite, the footage can easily be reproduced in a U2 plane that NASA has access to with a fisheye lens, then placed on a green screen behind a model. Alternatively, purely CGI.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NASA_aircraft

I mean this thing is supposedly 250 miles away, in the thermosphere, aptly named because of it's reported 360F and 900F tempuratures where a giant piece of metal should be.. a glowing hot ball of metal.

I watched a lot of video of close up shots of the moon to see if one would pass in front of it to no avail. You can see details of a 40 mile crater from supposedly 250,000 miles away, but no satellites. 

http://lmgtfy.com/?t=v&q=Moon+p900

You tell me, real or fiction? 

natbaronstherep
  1. Satellites are real?

7 votes
    1. Yes
      71.43%
    2. No
      28.57%
"Don't just teach your children to read, teach them to question what they read. Teach them to question everything." George Carlin 

Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

Arguments

• ale5ale5 146 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    That is a bit much of a conspiracy theory for me to believe that satellites are fake, although the material is really entertaining.
    Erfisflat
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • agsragsr 540 PtsPremium MemberTechnology Community Moderator
    Premium MemberTechnology Community Moderator
    I can totally see how satellites would make a great scifi story, so the argument is excellent for sure.  That said, they are real - and the burden of proof should be on the "conspiracy tneorist" and should have much stronger evidence for me to buy into saying it is not real.
    @Erfisflat, as a scifi fan, I am seriously impressed with your creative consipracy theories, challenging all of our traditional thinking.  Not sure how you are coming up with such deep research on these topics - great job!
    melanielust
    Live Long and Prosper
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 462 PtsPremium Member
    edited June 8 Premium Member
    @agsr

These have been circulating on the internet for some time now lol, I'm actually surprised more people have not heard of it. I'm just trying to get more intelligent conversations going. Debate sights like this are filled with intelligent young minds, maybe I can get someone here to change my mind with that concrete evidence.  I miss my star wars movies. The more I research it and get more points of views, the more I'm convinced. I'm now 100% positive the earth is not a ball. I've only begun to provide evidence.
    natbarons
    "Don't just teach your children to read, teach them to question what they read. Teach them to question everything." George Carlin 

Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

• natbaronsnatbarons 41 Pts
    @erfisflat , I have a question for you. When you look up, at night or day, what do you see? What you see is starts etc. in space. This shows space is real, you can see it with your own eyes. Satellites are real, they provide internet connection etc. without them, you would have cellular connection.
    Premium Member
    natbarons said:
    @erfisflat , I have a question for you. When you look up, at night or day, what do you see? What you see is starts etc. in space. This shows space is real, you can see it with your own eyes. Satellites are real, they provide internet connection etc. without them, you would have cellular connection.
    what we see are points of light in the sky. There is no way of verifying that they are other "suns" or how far they are away from us. That information comes from the establishment, which is demonstrably unreliable. In actuality, if you've ever had a camera with a telescopic lens, you'll see the stars are not balls of fire millions of miles away.

As far as internet and cell phones, 99% of the world's information is run through cables.
    http://mentalfloss.com/article/60150/10-facts-about-internets-undersea-cables

The other 1%? Well, we see more and more towers going up around us, I've spoken with an engineer that was hired mainly to restructure and advise more and more loads on them. Check your area, GPS is just tower triangulation. All they have to do is get you between three of those towers. So why do we need satellites?

http://www.antennasearch.com

therep

• If I remember correctly. It was the U.S.S.R. that reputedly put the first satellite into a supposed orbit around the supposed spheroid Earth.
    But I expect the Soviets were probably just as devious as the N.A.S.A. people.
    therep
  • thereptherep 51 Pts
    @erisflat and @Fredsnephew I disagree. If there was no space, where is the Earth located. Also, what about everything supposedly located in the so called made up space such as stars etc.
    edited June 10 Premium Member
    If I remember correctly. It was the U.S.S.R. that reputedly put the first satellite into a supposed orbit around the supposed spheroid Earth.
    But I expect the Soviets were probably just as devious as the N.A.S.A. people.
    Yes, the Cold War, like all the rest, was a hoax. Yes, people actually fought and killed each other, but the reasons were false. Sputnik was a hoax too.