frame
Check out our new "Formal" Debating!

Anti-Sharia vs pro-Sharia protesters - Who is right?

Opening Argument

'Anti-Sharia' Marchers Met With Counter-Protests Around The Country

Protesters who gathered on Saturday to denounce Islamic law were met across the country with equally sized or larger counter-protests.

Organizers called the "March Against Sharia" rallies to protest what they say is the threat to U.S. society posed by the set of traditional Muslim practices, which they say includes oppression of women, honor killings, homophobic violence, female genital mutilation and other abuses.

billpassedaudio_recordspassedbillraehuiw
  1. Who is right

11 votes
    1. Anti-sharia protesters
      45.45%
    2. Sharia protesters
      54.55%

Arguments

• billpassedbillpassed 77 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    Both crazy, no side can be chosen for that.
  • Definitely anti.  Sharia law is just evil altogether and goes against our constitution.  
    passedbillraehuiw
  • I get why some Muslims want to defend Sharia law if they feel that anti-Sharias are trying to attack Islam as a whole...but from what I've read and heard about it, it's really an awful system and has no place in any country that cares about protecting human rights for everyone. It does not support equality under the law. And although I'm sure there are some islamophobes who actively campaign against Sharia, I'd say that a lot of them just don't want a system of inequality.

@Logic curious to hear what you'd think?
    audio_recordsm_abusteit
  • The system is unconstitutional and should be allowed in the United States.

Muslims are a growing minority and based on my beliefs, should be allowed into eh country, but without the amount of political power they hold now. An example is beling  able to politically fight for these NON-US like set of rules/laws knows as the Sharias. The Islamic State is not being attacke shut is rather growing and gaining more power. Their power grows between oil, money and other factors. They know they have some control of the US due to their oil and can make them move in any direction they want ether it's with fighting terrorist or in the Isreal Palestine situation. This is not fair to the Us which has been helping the Islamic State especially under the Obama administration. The United States of America is pouring money and our army into fighting terrorism, while the Islamic countries aren't doing anything about it although it affects them more most likely at least for the time being or in our current time period with the current rate of Islamic theorist sprasfing and terrorism in general spreading. These laws can't be present in the US or any place globally. If you ask me, we should eb worried about Russia, but rather the Islamic countries.
    melanielustraehuiw
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 164 PtsPremium Member
    Premium Member
    I think they should have right to practice their own religion and rules, however weird it seems to us.
    m_abusteit
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • We cannot turn sections of our country to this type of regime.  If that's what they want they need to go back...
    otherwise they need to respect the laws ofmoir country.
    m_abusteit
  • raehuiwraehuiw 24 Pts
    The Sharia laws should be allowed to be.

Muslims are US citizens as well and deserve political party and some privelages. There a growing minority in the US and their population is rising globally. 
    m_abusteit
  • @raehuiw

Sharia is not the same as all of Islam. Sharia is a specific part of the Islamic ideology that is followed by a fraction of Muslims. It is a fundamentally unconstitutional system of laws that prohibits many rights and destroys the secularism of an unbiased, democratic government.

Muslims do deserve the same rights, including citizenship; it is also within their rights to create a political party if they so choose. But Sharia law has no place in a democratic government. There are even Muslims who denounce Sharia law.
    ale5joecavalryagsr
  • @melanielust , great point made!
    melanielust
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • agsragsr 601 PtsPremium MemberTechnology Community Moderator
    Premium MemberTechnology Community Moderator
    @melanielust and @joecavalry, completely agree.  Sharia law is unconstitutional 
    melanielust
    Live Long and Prosper