frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Does media report biased news?

Debate Information

With this election and news reporting, it seems you get a different story depending on what channel you watch. I am starting to doubt if we can get accurate news reporting without any bias. In a way, I am kind of enjoying Trump's tweets as they come from the source and have no bias.
joecavalrySilverishGoldNova
  1. Live Poll

Is news biased?

21 votes
    1. Yes
      95.24%
    2. No
        4.76%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    Absolutely. Every dictator in any countey takes over media as his first order of business. Clearly media is einer politically or profit motivated. In case of current situation in USA, they are really going after Trump. He needs to figure out a way to neutralize that effect if he wants to be more successful.
    Erfisflat
  • News is completely biased, ratings are key for them.
    Erfisflat
  • tocik17tocik17 35 Pts   -  
    At least we have Trump's direct tweets now. Unbiased, from the source.
    joecavalryErfisflatbrontoraptor
  • aksk_19299aksk_19299 22 Pts   -  
    Only some news networks are biased as well as others being Pro-Trump.
    Erfisflat
  • They do report biased news. Although as Tocik17 said Trumos twitter is unfiltered and that's why some people like it.
    Erfisflat
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -  
    Every media outlet is biased. In the same way some people call CNN the "Fake News Network", you can also call basically every mainstream media outlet FNN.
    joecavalryErfisflatbrontoraptor
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    Many media networks are biast to some way and there are little to no unbiased, news networks.
    Erfisflat
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
  • Oswald_MosleyOswald_Mosley 108 Pts   -  
    Every news source is biased. They race bait cause issues and general disturbance. I don't think at this point there really is news. There is just some 35 year old man or a 16 year old boy who are all 1 sided. Its best to find things out for yourself. News has become a show for ratings like any other thing on Hulu or netflix.
  • WakeWake 124 Pts   -  
    @kansjdk_1039392 - It is not a case of ratings unfortunately, but a fact that almost the entire media today is owned and operated by leftist extremists who would love to see this country turned into a communism.

That is what Obama-care was all about. That is what the horrific national debt is all about. This is what fighting Trump tooth and nail is all about.

The vast majority of working people are conservative so why does the media work against them every step of the way?
    SilverishGoldNovaTHEDENIER
  • Most or all media news are biased at least to some degree. News being biased doesn't mean everything in them are completely untrustworthy,(excluding InfoWars) though you should still treat them with a grain of salt. 
    THEDENIER
  • WakeWake 124 Pts   -  
    @DawnBringerRiven - The founders of this country made one assumption - that with the freedom of the press that there would be enough media outlets that the biases that we all have would be balanced. But since the time Walter Winchell left this Earth the media has slowly been taken over entirely by leftists. And often leftists that are not Americans. So we do not get balanced news. We here about Faux News Network as if they were right wing.

But that isn't the case at all - they are left wing and just slightly less so than the other networks. For instance - have you EVER heard on Fox that the strongest gun laws are in the cities and states with the largest amount of violence? Or that the least amount of gun violence are in states that have NO controls on guns? I believe that in Vermont you can even legally carry unlicensed concealed weapons and they have one of the lowest crime rates in the country. Meanwhile in Chicago where virtually all guns are illegal there are more than two deaths by shootings every day on the average.

We have had the non-stop Las Vegas shooter in the news making him a national celebrity who will no doubt be emulated by others in the future. With all of this raging against guns did the media remind anyone that s third again as many were murdered in France by a terrorist driving a truck through a crowd? Did these gun control freaks ask for car control?

So we cannot expect news to be unbiased. What we can demand is that it be balanced and none of it is.
    DawnBringerRivenErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    @Wake you actually believe that sh!t happened in Las Vegas? How dumb can you be?
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • WakeWake 124 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    @Wake you actually believe that sh!t happened in Las Vegas? How dumb can you be?
    Well I look at it this way - I believe in reality while you are a danger to society. People with your kind of mind are the same people as the Las Vegas shooter. Or the sort that kidnap little girls. You don't have a mind - you have a reactionary idiocy.
    SilverishGoldNova
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    @Wake So you found a new thread to use your pathetic fallacies? Also, The Las Vegas shooting was a hoax, and your retarded rhetoric doesn't prove anything but that you're a t roll.
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    Wake said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Well I look at it this way - I believe in reality while you are a danger to society. People with your kind of mind are the same people as the Las Vegas shooter. Or the sort that kidnap little girls. You don't have a mind - you have a reactionary idiocy.
    Of course nothing but fallacious rhetoric, how silly I must have been thinking you could produce one logical thought. My bad, will ignore your stupidity in the future. When you can formulate a logical response to my query, we'll be waiting, you seem to be the only person on this site that believes there was a "Vegas shooter".

http://www.debateisland.com/discussion/1288/las-vegas-shooting-sunday-october-1-2017
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • WakeWake 124 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Wake said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Of course nothing but fallacious rhetoric, how silly I must have been thinking you could produce one logical thought. My bad, will ignore your stupidity in the future. When you can formulate a logical response to my query, we'll be waiting, you seem to be the only person on this site that believes there was a "Vegas shooter".

http://www.debateisland.com/discussion/1288/las-vegas-shooting-sunday-october-1-2017
    You just proved that you are insane. To you me being "the only person" shows that you count three lunatics and one man that doesn't know anything about guns as "everyone".

You really really have to seek psychological help. You are near going over the edge and the cops will fill you full of holes or better yet, take you alive so that you can spend the rest of your life in prison being some black guys .
    SilverishGoldNova
    Wake said:
    @Wake So you found a new thread to use your pathetic fallacies? Also, The Las Vegas shooting was a hoax, and your retarded rhetoric doesn't prove anything but that you're a t roll.
    Proving what a mind sick little fool you are. To you the earth is the center of all creation and actual pictures of the people hiding while being shot at and hospitals all over the city treating the injuries and bagging the deaths is a hoax. As I said - you are a seriously psychologically damaged person and should be locked away from sane people.

I have it - tell us the moon landing was a hoax as was 9/11.

Ok, just as you say.

9/11. WAS. AN. INSIDE. JOB. AND. THE. MOON. LANDINGS. WERE. FAKED. 

Wake said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Wake said:
    Erfisflat said:

You just proved that you are insane. To you me being "the only person" shows that you count three lunatics and one man that doesn't know anything about guns as "everyone".

You really really have to seek psychological help. You are near going over the edge and the cops will fill you full of holes or better yet, take you alive so that you can spend the rest of your life in prison being some black guys .

SilverishGoldNovaFascism

Wayne Dyer
     @Wake Your last couple of posts have been calling us insane, comparing us to child rapists and saying we should be murdered or put in prison for life. If this isn't trolling than if anyone is insane and in need of help it's YOU. And if this isn't trolling, then turn off the computer, go outside and call your local psychotherapist.  
    Fascism

• NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Of course the news is biased. Humans are biased. Media is created by humans. You can try and wright the most unbiased articular ever but being a human that would be really hard. And most people in the media are not even trying to be not biased. So yea. Like everything ever created by humans is biased. That is what I think but hay I am just being biased. ; )