frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

The earth is flat

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Christ said:
    Christ said:
    Just so everyone knows what they are dealing with here, the Flat Earth movement is a religiously motivated group whose goal is to discredit science, education and rational thought.

Those most likely to fall prey to their brand of manipulation are the vulnerable people who aren't very smart or uneducated idiots and therefore easy to exploit.

This also creates a pathway to people who may not be religious when they encounter the Flat Earth movement and think that it is scientific in nature.

Unfortunately many religious people see science, education and rational thought as a threat to their way of life when in reality it has brought them all of the benefits of the way of life we enjoy today.

There are 4 fallacies here, do I need to make 3 more accounts to mark it as fallacy for all 4?

In my experience with globers, they atleast try but fail miserably to construct logical arguments (usually boiling down to NASA photos and the Eratosthenes experiment) and ultimately when this is refuted they turn to fallacies.

Ad hominem= Refering to flat Earthers as "uneducated idiots". It's interesting you act like you feel bad for flat Earthers for disagreeing with you then proceed to call us "uneducated idiots"
    Guilty by association/Hasty Generalization= Just because some flat Earthers are religious does NOT make the flat Earth a religious movement.
    Strawman= So instead of addressing ANYTHING we have said, you have instead decided to refer to the flat Earth as a movement designed to discredit "science, education, and rational thought". This is a strawman argument if I've ever seen one. This is not only a strawman of the flat Earth but also religious movements. I couldn't laugh harder when someone calls the globe "science, education and rational thought". The heliocentric globe model as a whole is based on contradictory pseudoscience. Clarify if you need an explanation.

I'm not going to pound on you, I think you guys are victims duped into spreading the word not the real perpetrators.

What religion are you?

Not that it matters, but I am not affiliated with any religion. Ive scientifically discovered that the earth is geocentric and flat. That points to intelligent design. 
    CovenyEvidence
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • CovenyCoveny 419 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    Evidence said:
    @Coveny said:  Your proof is "god told me" yet you ridicule people who trust science over blind faith. (such as what you have for your uncreated creator)

If there were proof for the flat earth I would help you, but there are MOUNTAINS of evidence against the flat earth and the book desert dwellers created thousands of years ago who didn't know anything. I make no excuses, and yes I will continue to click fallacy. Those don't get deleted like my posts do.

God told me?
    OK Coveny, show me one, .. that's right just ONE thing from the MOUNTAINS of scientific evidence against the flat Earth, .. just ONE, .. without referring to:  "Einstein told me, the 70's answering machine named Stephen Hawking's told me, Lawrence Krauss told me, the Priest George Lemaitre told me, Maxwell, Hubble, the 'Perm' , the back flipping astronaut from the ISS told me etc." .. and remember it has to be scientific evidence against the flat Earth!

Let's hear it?

Wait, .. whose deleting Coveny's posts?
    Yes god told you, or do you now recant, and say that you believe what is written in the bible to be the inventions of man?

Evidence:
    Flights times over antarctica only work if the world is a globe (or prove that only those commercial flights are going mach 2)
    The line that goes from the north to south pole only works on a globe (or prove how the circle of light creates a line from the north to south poles)
    The height of the sun in the sky only works on a globe (or you'll need to explain how it is that it doubles the speed of its circle rotation in winter, and cuts it in half in summer with such precision)
    We can't see the back of the moon (or eclipses)
    The stars are flipped in the other hemisphere (and don't tell me it's because of perspective magic)
    etc

"Mountains"??? Looks like you're licking the bottom of the bowl on this. None of these actually prove curvature or axial rotation. Look I've explained all of these strawmen to you, it's not my fault you can't understand simple concepts like perspective and refraction.

You've explained NONE of them to me. You have however tried to say that through the magic perspective and refraction, perspective and refraction can do things... that they can't do. However I stayed away from "proofs" that deal with that in the above evidences because I tired of explaining to you that refraction and perspective can't block out a light source. That refraction and perspective should still show the sun getting dimmer if it was as close and weak as you claim it to be. I get tired of showing you (in your own photos/videos) that the sun doesn't get perspective out and sets BEHIND a mountain without the shrinking and distortion you claim perspective should cause.

Not to mention I wasn't even talking to you...
    EvidenceSilverishGoldNova
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    Evidence said:
    @Coveny said:  Your proof is "god told me" yet you ridicule people who trust science over blind faith. (such as what you have for your uncreated creator)

If there were proof for the flat earth I would help you, but there are MOUNTAINS of evidence against the flat earth and the book desert dwellers created thousands of years ago who didn't know anything. I make no excuses, and yes I will continue to click fallacy. Those don't get deleted like my posts do.

God told me?
    OK Coveny, show me one, .. that's right just ONE thing from the MOUNTAINS of scientific evidence against the flat Earth, .. just ONE, .. without referring to:  "Einstein told me, the 70's answering machine named Stephen Hawking's told me, Lawrence Krauss told me, the Priest George Lemaitre told me, Maxwell, Hubble, the 'Perm' , the back flipping astronaut from the ISS told me etc." .. and remember it has to be scientific evidence against the flat Earth!

Let's hear it?

Yes god told you, or do you now recant, and say that you believe what is written in the bible to be the inventions of man?

Evidence:
    Flights times over antarctica only work if the world is a globe (or prove that only those commercial flights are going mach 2)
    The line that goes from the north to south pole only works on a globe (or prove how the circle of light creates a line from the north to south poles)
    The height of the sun in the sky only works on a globe (or you'll need to explain how it is that it doubles the speed of its circle rotation in winter, and cuts it in half in summer with such precision)
    The stars are flipped in the other hemisphere (and don't tell me it's because of perspective magic)
    etc

"Mountains"??? Looks like you're licking the bottom of the bowl on this. None of these actually prove curvature or axial rotation. Look I've explained all of these strawmen to you, it's not my fault you can't understand simple concepts like perspective and refraction.

You've explained NONE of them to me. You have however tried to say that through the magic perspective and refraction, perspective and refraction can do things... that they can't do. However I stayed away from "proofs" that deal with that in the above evidences because I tired of explaining to you that refraction and perspective can't block out a light source. That refraction and perspective should still show the sun getting dimmer if it was as close and weak as you claim it to be. I get tired of showing you (in your own photos/videos) that the sun doesn't get perspective out and sets BEHIND a mountain without the shrinking and distortion you claim perspective should cause.

Not to mention I wasn't even talking to you...
    "You have however tried to say that through the magic perspective and refraction, perspective and refraction can do things... that they can't do"

Perspective causes objects to drop in apparent altitude and refraction causes light to bend. That is all I said of them and these are the very definition of what either are. Try to be more specific with your nuh-uhs.

"However I stayed away from "proofs" that deal with that in the above evidences

The moon and stars flip depending on where you are on the plane because you look at it/them from different perspectives. It's just common sense, I know you like to steer away from that kind of thing and would rather make idiotic assumptions.

"because I tired of explaining to you that refraction and perspective can't block out a light source."

Before it was "refraction can't cause an object to disappear" and when I showed that to be another asinine ASSUMPTION,

You move the goal posts to "light source". If any of these children's experiments has involved an led light, the results would be the same.

Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
    To be perfectly clear, refraction doesn't cause light to altogether "disappear". The light from an object, whether it is reflected or produced, is bent away from the eye as it travels though mediums. This is just basic demonstrable scientific fact.

Wayne Dyer

Wayne Dyer
  • WakeWake 124 Pts   -  
    @Evidence - Comparing the actions of water and alcohol on a tabletop is hardly illustrative of their actions in zero G. But you didn't know that did you?

What is this "quantum dust" that you're talking about? Do you know what a quantum particle is?

I'm impressed that you have a 10" Celestron but have been unable to image Hyperion. With that much power at your disposal you should have been able to watch the Mars rover in action.

Apparently you do not understand that we know all about the nuclear processes of the fusion of Hydrogen to Helium. Or that the temperatures under the given pressures can be accurately predicted. So you're just another of those people that don't believe that science is truly science.

I cannot help if if you do not understand science and have to pretend as if someone is putting something over on you. Believe me - you're not important enough for anyone to care. If you wish to learn science is open to everyone. If not you can make silly comments as you have.
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNova
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  

Coveny said:
    Evidence said:

God told me?

Let's hear it?

Evidence:
    etc

I was just about to say the same thing, "Look @Erfisflat explained all of these straw-men to you, it's not his fault you can't understand simple concepts like perspective and refraction." Yes, every one of those points he explained more then enough times.

"God told me"?
    You still don't answer my questions from my post:Einstein told me, the 70's answering machine named Stephen Hawking's told me, Lawrence Krauss told me, the Priest George Lemaitre told me, Maxwell, Hubble, 'Perm'  the back flipping astronaut from the ISS told me etc." 

Tell me what's the difference between this, or what "God told me"?

ErfisflatSilverishGoldNovaCoveny
  • EvidenceEvidence 814 Pts   -  

@Wake said: Comparing the actions of water and alcohol on a tabletop is hardly illustrative of their actions in zero G. But you didn't know that did you?

You get the same effect.

But here is an action that definitely don't illustrate the same effect: Comparing the noticeable change in pitch of a firetruck blowing its siren through air, with the red color seen by astronomers pointing their radio telescopes at the dome that is bombarded by HAARP and millions of other TV, radio, microwave signals, which they claim proves the Big-Bang story.

"My gott! .. was ist dist Hans, I'm getting red tint from my telescope!? Und das ist coming from everywhere!"
    Hans: "Ah, das ist proof of Big-Bang dumpkapf!"
    .. and this is how Hans and Franz received their first Nobel Prize, and then were invited to the Goddard Tunnel Celebration in Switzerland!

Wake - What is this "quantum dust" that you're talking about?

Allergies created by Chem-Trails.

Wake - Do you know what a quantum particle is?

But of course I do silly! I got my degree in 4-D quantum-imagination (which by the way is three grade levels up from basic quantum theory) after 10 years Debating BB-Evolution atheists on many different Debating Forums, and on many different Sci-Fientific subjects, in which "relativity" was my favorite! So not only can I tell you 'what' a quantum particle is, but how it 'happened'!

A quantum particle was created when a quantum-gravity  popped out of the "Infinite density of the something-from-nothing-theory". How this happened, was that this something-from-nothing theory caused quantum fluctuations between physicists, until the Jesuit Priest George Lemaitre exploded with a Big-Bang which caused a subsequent inflation in nothing creating Spacetime.
    After millions and billions of years (40 years of our time-because of the speed of MC^2 causing time dilation) of inflation of Spacetime, Professor Higgs, verified, and high-fived by CERN introduced 'boson' to this now inflating mixture of 'Mass, Energy, Spacetime, gravity and speck'   which created a much more accurate predictions to the expanding theoretical formulations which subsequently gave way to the "quantum particle".

Wake - I'm impressed that you have a 10" Celestron but have been unable to image Hyperion. With that much power at your disposal you should have been able to watch the Mars rover in action.

Have you heard the one where Hyperion went up to Uranus and seen nothing but a black-hole? Anyways,  As for the Rover, heck, I have videos of it on Mars just as NASA does.

but of course you are laughing your butt off as we conversate. Nice to be god on earth isn't it "Sleep"? To be able to take science and poop on it? R.I.P. science, welcome to the NWO information center.

Erfisflat
  • WakeWake 124 Pts   -  
    @Evidence - OK we gotcha - you haven't a clue what you're talking about but think you do. Let me guess -you're a janitor at JPL and hear them using big words. 
    CovenyEvidenceSilverishGoldNova
    Erfisflat said:
    "You have however tried to say that through the magic perspective and refraction, perspective and refraction can do things... that they can't do"

Perspective causes objects to drop in apparent altitude and refraction causes light to bend. That is all I said of them and these are the very definition of what either are. Try to be more specific with your nuh-uhs.

"However I stayed away from "proofs" that deal with that in the above evidences

The moon and stars flip depending on where you are on the plane because you look at it/them from different perspectives. It's just common sense, I know you like to steer away from that kind of thing and would rather make idiotic assumptions.

"because I tired of explaining to you that refraction and perspective can't block out a light source."

Before it was "refraction can't cause an object to disappear" and when I showed that to be another asinine ASSUMPTION,

You move the goal posts to "light source". If any of these children's experiments has involved an led light, the results would be the same.
    So you don't believe that perspective and refraction explain sunsets? Because you sure believed that before, and neither distorting the position of something or bending the light explains how the light source (the sun) disappears. For reference I'll post the picture (from one of YOUR videos) that you claimed was just perspective and refraction as the sun "sets".

My response was that if the sun was closer and dimmer the effect would look more like this:

You responded that it looked like the first rather than the second picture because of the magic of refraction and perspective.

Ok man you have said it enough that I made a video showing you that perspective doesn't flip a picture. Please let me know why common sense... isn't so common with you.

PS I just grab something. Yes I know it has "god bless" on it. Yes I know that he's trying to increase his sales by pimping out his theism. No I still don't believe in god. No I don't care.

Refraction doesn't make an object disappear, it distorts the image in one direction or the other. The only reason it would seem to disappear is because the distorted image covers it in that confined space. It won't work in an area that is wide open like the sky, but it's not like I can use that as an example. However the distortion won't stop the light coming from the sun either (as you claim it does in a sunset) so I changed to the stronger argument that is testable in your cave. (which seems to be the only litmus test you will accept) If you could force reality to work the way you say (the same) you would provide the proof with your own video as you say you have done all this testing yourself, but you can't because you're claims are pseudoscience. I'll even give the test to you.

Hold a black piece of paper on one side of a glass cup of water. Videotape a flashlight going from behind the paper, then behind the water, and finally move it where it isn't behind anything. You'll notice that the paper stops the light, but the waters distortion does NOT even if it displaces the light source a bit to one side of where it really is.

So go, prove you believe in the scientific method, and prove the magic of water refraction that makes light disappear with YOUR very own video. 
    SilverishGoldNova
  • WakeWake 124 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    @SuperSith89 - unfortunately I have talked to these kinds of people. They aren't trolls. They are far far worse. They are serious with everything they say
    ErfisflatCovenyEvidenceSilverishGoldNova
    Erfisflat said:
    To be perfectly clear, refraction doesn't cause light to altogether "disappear". The light from an object, whether it is reflected or produced, is bent away from the eye as it travels though mediums. This is just basic demonstrable scientific fact.
    Ok then tell me again how the sun disappears at night then. (as you seem very keen on debating this now that you've had some time to think about it)
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Ok then tell me again how the sun disappears at night then. (as you seem very keen on debating this now that you've had some time to think about it)
    You weren't smart enough to get it the half dozen times I explained it before, you will never get it. I was thinking it was cognitive dissonance at first, now I realize it's probably just stupidity.

Wayne Dyer
    Wake said:
    @SuperSith89 - unfortunately I have talked to these kinds of people. They aren't trolls. They are far far worse. They are serious with everything they say.
    He hasn't logged in since I showed him the flat earth.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Coveny said:
    Erfisflat said:
    You weren't smart enough to get it the half dozen times I explained it before, you will never get it. I was thinking it was cognitive dissonance at first, now I realize it's probably just stupidity.
    There it is. You have no proof, facts, or evidence and when pressed you throw insults, name calling, and ridicule. You told me you were going to stop speaking to me, please keep your word and now.
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    Wake said:
    @SuperSith89 - unfortunately I have talked to these kinds of people. They aren't trolls. They are far far worse. They are serious with everything they say.

DDDDDDDDD
    It's funny because he hasn't logged on since he saw this thread. It's "worse than trolling" to be honest about your opinion? 
    ErfisflatCoveny
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
    If anyone with more sense than a wadded paper would like me  explain how the sun sets, and how it proves a flat plane, I'd be happy to explain it. The 40 pages here are mostly drawn out red herrings from debateisland.com's favorite t-roll. The sheer amount of various fallacies is probably record setting... Guinesses? I'm still compiling a quote/favorites list.

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    If anyone with more sense than a wadded paper would like me  explain how the sun sets, and how it proves a flat plane, I'd be happy to explain it. The 40 pages here are mostly drawn out red herrings from debateisland.com's favorite t-roll. The sheer amount of various fallacies is probably record setting... Guinesses? I'm still compiling a quote/favorites list.
    Indeed, Coveny is debate islands favorite t-roll.

Wake said:
    @SuperSith89 - unfortunately I have talked to these kinds of people. 

Yeah and everytime you "talked" with us, it ended up with you comparing us to child molesters and saying we should be killed out of nowhere. You join threads just to attack everyone with extreme red herrings and ad hominems. And if you aren't trolling you. Need. Professional. Help. PERIOD.

CovenyErfisflatChristfea
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • @Christ My religion is... It's far more likely with the proof against abiogenesis, and with the flat Earth in mind. But my question was, do you want me to explain why the globe is contradictory psuedoscience or no?
    CovenyErfisflatChristfea

@Silverishgoldnova

He can't even figure out that the paper would have to be on he ceiling for it to be an accurate analogy, nobody is this dumb.
    SilverishGoldNovafeaEvidence

Wayne Dyer
    @Silverishgoldnova He spent all afternoon on this video.
    SilverishGoldNovaCovenyfea

Wayne Dyer
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    He's just responding to everything we say with fallacious stupidity, he doesn't even care who we're talking to.
    CovenyfeaSilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    He's just responding to everything we say with fallacious stupidity designed to defend fallacious stupidity, he doesn't even care who he's defending or talking about.
    I'm just gonna mute him for now, don't feed the t-roll.
    Covenyfea

• feafea 76 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    He's just responding to everything we say with fallacious stupidity designed to defend fallacious stupidity, he doesn't even care who he's defending or talking about.
    You should, a t-rolls worst enemy is not getting attention
    Coveny
    The animation with the facts bouncing off their personal bubble made me think about flat earthers. hehe

ErfisflatfeaEvidenceSilverishGoldNova
    fea said:
    Erfisflat said:
    You should, a t-rolls worst enemy is not getting attention
    I think you already said you were gonna mute me too... I don't remember for sure though so much lying. hmmm
  • feafea 76 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    @Coveny When was that? I mainly come on here to read weekly glober nonsense. Read all 7 of my posts
    fea said:
    @Coveny When was that? I mainly come on here to read weekly glober nonsense. Read all 7 of my posts
    Fair enough I will admit I was wrong about you saying you were gonna mute me.
    Erfisflat
    Coveny said:
    The animation with the facts bouncing off their personal bubble made me think about flat earthers. hehe

What doesn't remind you of flat Earthers? Even hurricanes remind you of flat Earthers according to your facebook page, which you linked. You have an obsession problem, and I'm going to mute you until you can fix this obsession... bye.

! I'll bet he doesn't know what a t-roll is! He thinks we're trying to say that he lives under a bridge!

T-roll isn't a direct insult. It's a means of identifying a person who, quite lierally, adds nothing to the conversation but idiocy.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Internet Troll

CovenySilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    ! I'll bet he doesn't know what a t-roll is! He thinks we're trying to say that he lives under a bridge!

T-roll isn't a direct insult. It's a means of identifying a person who, quite lierally, adds nothing to the conversation but idiocy.

"adds nothing to the conversation but idiocy" and "isn't a direct insult"

You no understand words so gud, is insult. ROFL

PS Doctor Suess does seem like a book you would be familiar with. ROFL (this is too easy)
  • feafea 76 Pts   -  
    Coveny said:
    Coveny said:
    What doesn't remind you of flat Earthers? Even hurricanes remind you of flat Earthers according to your facebook page, which you linked. You have an obsession problem, and I'm going to mute you until you can fix this obsession... bye.
    Don't throw me in the briar patch.... NO!!! ROFL
    I guess he has then. ROFL.
    Erfisflat said:

An internet t-roll is someone who writes deliberately abusive or idiotic comments with the hopes of getting attention from peoples reactions. And yeah, judging from the fact he thinks we're saying he lives under a bridge, maybe he's just (and I apologize in advance) vacuous .
    ErfisflatfeaCoveny

SilverishGoldNovaCoveny

Wayne Dyer
    I can't believe he got t-roll censored. 
    SilverishGoldNovaCoveny

Wayne Dyer
  • Erfisflat said:
    I can't believe he got t-roll censored. 

Well he did. I believe it because it's true...
    ErfisflatCoveny

• ChristChrist 39 Pts   -  
    Evidence said:
    Christ said:
    Erfisflat said:
    I'm not satisfied with modern scientism's explanation for the "universe". I've searched the internet for two years now and the only proof I've found for such is pseudoscience and other logical fallacies. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. What I'm looking for is actual curvature or axial rotation from independent, non-manipulated imagery or logic. Such from government sources and space agencies are demonstrably unreliable.
    How come all the planets are round, but Earth is flat?

Because nobody was ever making that argument. What we view as space is just the firmament 

Besides, @Christ there are no "planets", those are stars, some round, some flat, some wibbly-wobbly, some wondering, some dark etc. (please look up F.E. YouTube, of actual videos of stars) or brows through Erfisflats O.P. on the subject.

I have a big telescope.

Christ said:
    Evidence said:
    Christ said:
    Erfisflat said:
    I'm not satisfied with modern scientism's explanation for the "universe". I've searched the internet for two years now and the only proof I've found for such is pseudoscience and other logical fallacies. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. What I'm looking for is actual curvature or axial rotation from independent, non-manipulated imagery or logic. Such from government sources and space agencies are demonstrably unreliable.

Because nobody was ever making that argument. What we view as space is just the firmament 

Besides, @Christ there are no "planets", those are stars, some round, some flat, some wibbly-wobbly, some wondering, some dark etc. (please look up F.E. YouTube, of actual videos of stars) or brows through Erfisflats O.P. on the subject.

I have a big telescope.

http://lmgtfy.com/?t=v&q=Stars+p900
    ChristEvidenceSilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    When I see the sun set it appears to go underneath the flat Earth, does the sun go underneath the flat Earth or does it do something else?
    No, seriously, I think you are actually trolling here.  Especially with that name.  Erf is flat.  Obvious is obvious.  

Maybe he’s just dumb.

SilverishGoldNovaCoveny
    Christ said:
    Erfisflat said:
    When I see the sun set it appears to go underneath the flat Earth, does the sun go underneath the flat Earth or does it do something else?
    I'll go over it once more when I get off work.
    CovenySilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    Erfisflat said:
    Christ said:
    Evidence said:
    Christ said:
    Erfisflat said:

I have a big telescope.

A strange light in the sky is evidence of nothing.

Christ said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Christ said:
    Evidence said:
    Christ said:
    Erfisflat said:

I have a big telescope.

A strange light in the sky is evidence of nothing.

It is when NASA claims it's another sun.
    Coveny

Wayne Dyer
    Christ said:
    No, seriously, I think you are actually trolling here.  Especially with that name.  Erf is flat.  Obvious is obvious.  

Maybe he’s just dumb.

Ask Google see what they say.
    Coveny

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat Neither Christ nor Coveny have any supporting evidence, so they're left with flagging our comments as a fallacy. Coveny is obsessed with us, and Christ is trying to turn this into a religious discussion. To them, a fallacy is literaly any post that disagrees with them.
    feaCovenyEvidence

@Erfisflat Neither Christ nor Coveny have any supporting evidence, so they're left with flagging our comments as a fallacy. Coveny is obsessed with us, and Christ is trying to turn this into a religious discussion.
    Would you like to take his question? I don't care even if you copy and paste from the 5-6 times I've explained it on here and "we live on a flat plane". Apparently he doesn't know how to read past posts or he'd already know how sunsets work.
    Christ said:
    Erfisflat said:

CovenySilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
    @Erfisflat We explained sunsets and time zones to him like 5 times in 2 different threads, and he still doesn't understand, so I've given up on him.
    ErfisflatCovenyfea

@Erfisflat We explained sunsets and time zones to him like 5 times in 2 different threads, and he still doesn't understand, so I've given up on him.
    Christ is asking now. I'll start typing something up.
    Coveny

Wayne Dyer
  • @Christ ;

@Erfisflat you don't need to type anything. unless you just need some extras is all

@Christ ;

@Erfisflat you don't need to type anything. unless you just need some extras is all
    So you think the sun goes around above the earth?

What makes the sun go around above the earth?

What holds it up there?

Why does the sun go around above the earth?

Do you people have some kind of physical laws or something that explain this behavior?

SilverishGoldNova
This Debate has been closed.

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
© 2023 DebateIsland.com, all rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch