frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

The Earth is flat and stationary

Debate Information

Do you think we're on a spinning ball blasting around the sun at 66,000 MPH? Ok cool, I don't. Now do you have any evidence besides NASA and "show me the edge"?

Erfisflatkmelkevolution17walterbameleffeaOswald_MosleybillpassedpassedbillEmeryPearson
  1. Live Poll

Whats the Earth's shape?

13 votes
    1. Flat
      30.77%
    2. Big ol ball
      69.23%
I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• The heliocentric model is accurate and correct. With a flat earth, the earth may not be able to revolve and rotate. Also, with a flat earth ships, airplanes, etc. would fall off if they would reach the West, East, North, and South.
    ErfisflatSilverishGoldNovafeaOswald_Mosley
  • The heliocentric model is accurate and correct. With a flat earth, the earth may not be able to revolve and rotate. Also, with a flat earth ships, airplanes, etc. would fall off if they would reach the West, East, North, and South.
    The Earth isn't able to revolve and rotate on a flat Earth because it doesn't.

Image result for spotlight sun

Image result for spotlight sun

Image result for sun hotspot

Also, there is no edge of the flat Earth, but rather an ice wall in Antarctica

Image result for antarctic ice wall
    walterbaHankfeanamemcnameOswald_Mosley
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • walterbawalterba 59 Pts   -  
    I believe that the Earth is heliocentric. An Antarctic wall of ice may not span all sides of the Earth. Also, planes and boats wouldn’t be able to go back to their previous location if the Earth was flat.
    SilverishGoldNovafea
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    walterba said:
    I believe that the Earth is heliocentric. An Antarctic wall of ice may not span all sides of the Earth. Also, planes and boats wouldn’t be able to go back to their previous location if the Earth was flat.

"An antarctic ice wall may not span" That isn't the only picture of it

Also, even if the ice wall did not span around the entire  Earth, that would not guarantee an edge to fall off nor disprove the flat Earth. So this is irrelevant. 

And to explain boats and planes going around the Earth.

Image result for flat earth when in reality its this circle
    HankfeaOswald_Mosley

• melefmelef 69 Pts   -  
    The earth must be round due to the edges on a flat Earth. Objects and people would fall off the Earth if there was curvature. Also, weather would not be abelt to go around the Earth if it was flat as well as some objects like planes and boats.
    SilverishGoldNovafea
  • melef said:
    The earth must be round due to the edges on a flat Earth. Objects and people would fall off the Earth if there was curvature. Also, weather would not be abelt to go around the Earth if it was flat as well as some objects like planes and boats.

"Objects and people would fall off the Earth if there was curvature" I'm going to presume you mean if it was flat. I think I got the edge down for you, there isn't an edge to fall off. And I also explained boats and planes, which you are implying are the same as weather. Weather goes across, boats and planes go around.
    HankfeaOswald_Mosley

• HankHank 75 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    @SilverishGoldNova Why do you choose to believe that photos from completely uncredible sources are accurate and depict the truth but do not believe the photos NASA provide every single day are real?
    SilverishGoldNovafeaEmeryPearson
    @Hank ;

The reason I don't trust NASA imagery is because they have admitted on several occasions to faking images.

http://debateisland.com/discussion/1283/nasa-admitting-to-faking-images/p2 Have you seen my debate on NASA imagery? I post some links here.

However, you don't need their word to see it.

Here we can see the continents shrinking and growing and changing color

And you can also see copied and pasted clouds.

The images I provided were provided to address the tired, old, outdated and worthless "Nobody has fallen off the edge of the Earth". The vast majority of globalists I have debated either started out with or turned to the tired, old, outdated and outdated edge argument. You and Trollveny are the only ones who haven't. Again, the images I provided were provided to address the "edge" argument. Could you explain why they are uncredible?
    HankfeaOswald_MosleyEmeryPearson

@SilverishGoldNova can you provide me with some sources to show that NASA openly admit to their photos being fake? If you're talking about NASA 'admitting' that their photos are edited using photoshop, that does not mean that they are fake. Most of the photos you see of the Earth consist of several little photos made into one. Apply this principle to other images. If I take a panoramic photo of the beach on my smart phone, that is an image that is made up by several other images. Does that mean that image is fake? Does it not accurately depict the scene I was trying to capture? 

They are uncredible sources because they've not been verified by any real science or proven to be true through evidence. None of the world's public intellectuals and/or science communicators believe the Earth is flat - they actively promote the factual evidence to show that it is not.

How would the government benefit from lying to us about the shape of the Earth?

In your argument of 'the disc shaped Earth', what would happen if you constantly travelled North? We know that because the Earth is round you would end up at the exact place you started. This would be impossible if the Earth was a disc shape?
    @SilverishGoldNova To directly address the images you posted, if you claim that they're from NASA then you need to provide links to the original photos as published by them. What you've posted looks like a meme and looks entirely uncredible. The only difference in the images of the Earth over the course of 43 years is in the formation and structure of the clouds. Obviously each photo is taken from a different perspective. Do you expect not clouds to change shape over 43 years?
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    In your argument of 'the disc shaped Earth', what would happen if you constantly travelled North? We know that because the Earth is round you would end up at the exact place you started. This would be impossible if the Earth was a disc shape?
    I'm gonna repost my argument since apparently debateisland doesn't allow memes.

Hank said:
    @SilverishGoldNova To directly address the images you posted, if you claim that they're from NASA then you need to provide links to the original photos as published by them. What you've posted looks like a meme and looks entirely uncredible. The only difference in the images of the Earth over the course of 43 years is in the formation and structure of the clouds. Obviously each photo is taken from a different perspective. Do you expect not clouds to change shape over 43 years?

This is both a strawman and appeal to the stone fallacy. I was never arguing that it was fake because of clouds. You also completed ignored the copied and pasted clouds and regardless of which image you are saying "looks like a meme and looks entirely uncredible", thats a flag. That doesn't disprove that the NASA images look entirely different or that there were C/P clouds.

@Hank Said
    @SilverishGoldNova can you provide me with some sources to show that NASA openly admit to their photos being fake? If you're talking about NASA 'admitting' that their photos are edited using photoshop, that does not mean that they are fake. Most of the photos you see of the Earth consist of several little photos made into one. Apply this principle to other images. If I take a panoramic photo of the beach on my smart phone, that is an image that is made up by several other images. Does that mean that image is fake? Does it not accurately depict the scene I was trying to capture? 

They are uncredible sources because they've not been verified by any real science or proven to be true through evidence. None of the world's public intellectuals and/or science communicators believe the Earth is flat - they actively promote the factual evidence to show that it is not.

How would the government benefit from lying to us about the shape of the Earth?

"@SilverishGoldNova can you provide me with some sources to show that NASA openly admit to their photos being fake? If you're talking about NASA 'admitting' that their photos are edited using photoshop, that does not mean that they are fake. Most of the photos you see of the Earth consist of several little photos made into one. Apply this principle to other images. If I take a panoramic photo of the beach on my smart phone, that is an image that is made up by several other images. Does that mean that image is fake? Does it not accurately depict the scene I was trying to capture? " I thought I already gave links and debunked the narrative NASA only does this so they look nice.

"They are uncredible sources because they've not been verified by any real science or proven to be true through evidence. None of the world's public intellectuals and/or science communicators believe the Earth is flat - they actively promote the factual evidence to show that it is not." This is not a good enough explanation. This is an appeal to authority fallacy. You just claimed that my images were uncredible sources because an authority thinks they're uncredible.

"In your argument of 'the disc shaped Earth', what would happen if you constantly travelled North? We know that because the Earth is round you would end up at the exact place you started. This would be impossible if the Earth was a disc shape?" I already explained that, no matter how many times you posted. Boats and planes can still go around a disk shaped Earth.

Also, I noticed you went back and a bunch of my posts as fallacy. Could you explain what fallacies I used, like I did with you? Or, is it just because I some of your posts as a fallacy?
    feaOswald_MosleyEmeryPearson

Also IM the one gish galloping?
    Indeed, friend. You started off with NASA, then when this got refuted you turned to calling me a moron and saying that I didn't understand technology and then went on a gish gallop about 9/11 and Obama, afterwards you went to random and nonsensical arguments claiming that we can't go around the Earth on a GLOBE (Which is just desperate as hell), and that we cant on a DISK, then you went on yet another gish gallop about gravity. So just leave, and come back with civil conduct and legitmate arguments. If you can't do that then you don't belong on a debating website.
    Oswald_MosleyHank

• HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova Could you explain why you deleted my post that had points you couldn't refute? 

I'm not asking about planes and boast going around the disc shaped earth, I'm asking if they went in one straight line continuously. They would eventually have to reach the edge.
    Oswald_MosleyEmeryPearson
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova ;To address your original argument which I already responded too, but you got embarrassed and deleted it -

If you're going to claim that the photos of the earth are original from NASA, you need to provide links to the publications made by them of the same photos. The chance that they have been manipulated to fool people like you is very, very high.

"What colour are the oceans and the land?" The colour of the oceans and the land differentiates in each photo because of the technology that was available at the time.

"Why is there never any real video of the Earth spinning?
     http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/108981733

"Why are the images so varied?" Because each photo is taken on a different camera showing the earth at a different point in time, from a different perspective.

I didn't ignore the point of copy & pasted clouds, I asked you to provide links to the original photos as published by NASA to prove that the photo you posted has not been tampered with or altered.

I am not claiming that scientists and cosmologists are immune to making mistakes. But are you telling me that for centuries every astronomer, astrophysicist, cosmologist, scientists and every other kind of public intellectual have been consciously lying and/or making critical mistakes in their research for several centuries?

Can you also explain the above diagram?

EmeryPearson
    @Hank I see you two are going to just flag my posts as fallacies. That was the first real argument you posted. I'll type out a rebuttal unless Erfisflat wants it.
    EmeryPearson

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    Hank said:
    @SilverishGoldNova Could you explain why you deleted my post that had points you couldn't refute? 

I'm not asking about planes and boast going around the disc shaped earth, I'm asking if they went in one straight line continuously. They would eventually have to reach the edge.
    Sorry, but I'm here to help. Flying in a straight line for thousands of miles is impossible on both models. Travel over long distances is done with a compass. East and West are only relative. Now if you were to travel south continuously, in a straight line you would reach Antarctica and would be forced to turn around either by force or lack of supply. Does it seem more likely that we are flying in a wide circle or that we are descending constantly? The rate would be noticeable if you do the math. In reality, planes fly from port to port in straight lines with circumnavigation. 
    EmeryPearson
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat so you're claiming that there is some kind of magical force that takes control of your aircraft and spins you around mid-flight? Seems very logical.
    I spent alot of this debate attempting to show you that NASA imagery is faked, and you two won't listen to that, but maybe you'll listen to this

It is told we can see curvature at 35,000 feet but there is none to be seen here. Also, this is not the full rebuttal to Hank's post. I know you two are probably going to start another series of spamming, ranting and gish galloping, and flag my post as a fallacy, but here you go.

• HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova have you ever been on a plane in your life? You can so clearly see the curvature of the Earth.

SilverishGoldNovapassedbillEmeryPearson
  • Hank said:
    @SilverishGoldNova have you ever been on a plane in your life? You can so clearly see the curvature of the Earth.

Ahem, it's an image from 317,000 feet, planes typically don't go above 35,000 feet.

• passedbillpassedbill 80 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    @SilverishGoldNova , the Earth is flat. There may be large areas of ice on the sides of Earth. Planes may only fly to certain altitude where you can not see curvature.
    EmeryPearson
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    Hank said:
    @Erfisflat so you're claiming that there is some kind of magical force that takes control of your aircraft and spins you around mid-flight? Seems very logical.
    I don't think I mentioned anything about a magical force. Seems even more logical you would say this. You like building strawmen?
    EmeryPearson
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • Oswald_MosleyOswald_Mosley 108 Pts   -  
    Also Gish Galloping is meant for individual weak arguments. What we've been saying has been proven by math and science and yet all your sources seem to be based off of things you have made yourself. It seems that you are the one deleting posts and gish galloping in order to create for yourself debates that are meant to be seen as real. We have used evidence from reliable sources now it's your turn.
    HankSilverishGoldNovaEmeryPearson
    Try to answer @Hank and I's  questions instead of your false imagery made by fake computer programs on an obscure youtube channel.
    HankSilverishGoldNovaEmeryPearson
    Also Gish Galloping is meant for individual weak arguments. What we've been saying has been proven by math and science and yet all your sources seem to be based off of things you have made yourself. It seems that you are the one deleting posts and gish galloping in order to create for yourself debates that are meant to be seen as real. We have used evidence from reliable sources now it's your turn.
    Please state your evidence for the spinning period earth.

Wayne Dyer
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova so are you claiming that the Earth appears to be curved at 35,000 feet but becomes flat when you go above that altitude? 

You still haven't responded to my argument from before. 
    SilverishGoldNova
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    Hank said:

Sorry, but I'm here to help. Flying in a straight line for thousands of miles is impossible on both models. Travel over long distances is done with a compass. East and West are only relative. Now if you were to travel south continuously, in a straight line you would reach Antarctica and would be forced to turn around either by force or lack of supply. Does it seem more likely that we are flying in a wide circle or that we are descending constantly? The rate would be noticeable if you do the math. In reality, planes fly from port to port in straight lines with circumnavigation. 

"and would be forced to turn around either by force or lack of supply"
  • Hank said:
    @SilverishGoldNova so are you claiming that the Earth appears to be curved at 35,000 feet but becomes flat when you go above that altitude? 

You still haven't responded to my argument from before. 

Erf already refuted most of it for me. Also, the reason it appears curved at that height is because at a very specific angle curved windows can turn flatness into curvature. It's kinda like a fish eye lense.

• Hank said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Hank said:

And you quoted him, but you didn't refute anything

Hank said:
    Erfisflat said:
    Hank said:

Just random quoting me?
    SilverishGoldNova

Wayne Dyer
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat @SilverishGoldNova What the both of you do is invest trust in random YouTube videos and conspiracy theorists but not in NASA, the government or astronomers who have proven that the Earth is round for thousands of years. Mathematics blatantly shows that the Earth has to be curved. You cannot dispute mathematics. 
    SilverishGoldNova
    @Erfisflat I'm failing to see what the purpose of debating these two is. They won't listen to anything we say. They will instead either dismiss our claims without proof, or flag our comments as a fallacy. 

Like this

Hank said:
    @Erfisflat @SilverishGoldNova What the both of you do is invest trust in random YouTube videos and conspiracy theorists but not in NASA, the government or astronomers who have proven that the Earth is round for thousands of years. Mathematics blatantly shows that the Earth has to be curved. You cannot dispute mathematics. 

Or do both. And by the way Hank. That is called Appeal to authority. 

• ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    @Hank

"so are you claiming that the Earth appears to be curved at 35,000 feet but becomes flat when you go above that altitude?"

You can't see the earth's curvature from 35,000 feet, nor can you see it at over 110,000 feet.

"You still haven't responded to my argument from before."

Please state your arguments and evidence for a flying globe.

Wayne Dyer
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova Funny because none of it was refuted at all. Not one question was answered and you both completely disregarded the diagram. 

So are you now telling me that every singly plane that has ever been produced has been fitted with special windows that act like fish eye lenses, but only above a certain altitude?
    SilverishGoldNova
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat I wasn't randomly quoting you, I was proving that you did suggest there was some kind of force that would take control of your aircraft and spin you around.
  • @Hank You were randomly quoting. There is no rebuttal in taking a random quote of his then just leaving it there.

• HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat I never once claimed the the Earth is 'flying'. In order to fly, you need something to fly through, it our case - air. 

You cannot ignore factual evidence given to you just because it proves you wrong. NASA have never admitted to completely faking their imagery. @SilverishGoldNova posted two photos before asking a list of ridiculous questions - all of which I answered.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You are suggesting that astronomers, cosmologists, astrophysicists, public intellectuals, governments and NASA have all been simultaneously lying to us and making critical mistakes in their research that no other scientist has managed to stumble upon or dispute.

• HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova go back and read the why I quoted him. He stated that he never mentioned any kind of force that would turn the plane around, I successfully proved that he did.
    Hank said:
    Erfisflat said:

Hank
    said:

• HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova I still fail to see why you would trust a YouTube video made by a conspiracy theorist that has no qualifications in science or astronomy over NASA or a science communicator. 
    Hank said:
    @SilverishGoldNova I still fail to see why you would trust a YouTube video made by a conspiracy theorist that has no qualifications in science or astronomy over NASA or a science communicator. 
    Because you have never explained why they were faked, besides with appeal to authority. I already explained NASA imagery, I need you 2 to explain, with evidence, that the images I showed are fake. I need more than Appeal to the stone, genetic, and appeal to authority fallacies.

• HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova The images you provided did not come directly from NASA, until you can provide me with original publications then we have to assume that they've been tampered with. I don't appeal to authority, I appeal to scientific evidence and mathematics. Both of those things alone blatantly prove the Earth is round without the government needing to tell us so.
    @Hank Simply claiming you're using facts doesn't mean you're using facts. You're asking for the original publications for the images right? And is it just for the CP clouds, or all of them (in which case....)

• @Hank Also I did give an explanation to why NASA is fake, could you give me an explanation to why mine are fake

Hank said:
    I have mathematically measured he earth for myself. As for YouTube, the videos I cite are mere demonstrations or experiments that anyone can perform or sights that literally anyone can validate. If you compare this evidence to a few pictures that can never be validated from space.

Wayne Dyer
    Hank said:
    @Erfisflat I wasn't randomly quoting you, I was proving that you did suggest there was some kind of force that would take control of your aircraft and spin you around.
    No, not a magical force, the armed hand of the U.N. army force. 

Wayne Dyer
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @SilverishGoldNova I'm asking for original publications of every photo of the Earth you sent. You didn't give a reasonable and/or justified explanation as to why NASA is fake. 

If you're asking why your photos are fake, it's because (as I stated before) they've clearly been manipulated to fool people like you - show me the originals. 

If you're asking why your sources are fake, it's because they don't use mathematics, science, logic or reasoning to prove their points. They try and deny basic mathematics - something that simply cannot be disproved. 

I'm claiming to use facts, yes. I know that they're facts because they are support by centuries of research that has been verified, approved and certified by the smartest people on the planet who have no ulterior motive and do not associate themselves with the government. The 'facts' you claim do not come with real evidence or secondary approval by people that actually know what they're talking about and have the qualifications to prove so.

Explain this:

Oswald_MosleySilverishGoldNova
    @passedbill because private companies are controlled by the government and you know this through what statistic from a reliable source?
  • HankHank 75 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat So there is an army that constantly guards the ice wall that surrounds the edge of the Earth?  :D
This Debate has been closed.

DebateIsland.com

| The Best Online Debate Experience!
© 2023 DebateIsland.com, all rights reserved. DebateIsland.com | The Best Online Debate Experience! Debate topics you care about in a friendly and fun way. Come try us out now. We are totally free!

Contact us

customerservice@debateisland.com
Terms of Service

Get In Touch