frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Will Donald Trump Increase American Nuclear Power/Army?

Debate Information

Donald Trump is known to have extremely thin skin. He is also known to like "huge", "powerful" things such as his proposed Southern Border Wall. Do you believe that Donald Trump will increase American Nucelar Power and/or The American Army?
  1. Live Poll

?

8 votes
    1. Yes
      87.50%
    2. No
      12.50%
DebateIsland.com Founder/Administrator | Contact Me Via Private Messaging (aarong), Contact Support At customerservice@debateisland.com | Happy Debating! 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• Yes, he surely would.
  • Yes, I believe that Donald Trump will do this and should.

Also, I would like to mention that I am in the top 5 leaderboard of Debate.org and .com. I found DebateIsland.com from other users telling me on both and debate.org. I decided to check debateisland out. I fell in love with the website. It is by far better than the the other websites. I will be sure to tell others about DebateIsland. Debateisland.com is by far the best debate website out there.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I also tried both of the other sites and left me very unsatisifed, especially debate.org.  I had to wait forever to get someone to debate with me and got very little traction on my debates, unlike here.  
    Debateisland is great.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • skndk_10837skndk_10837 13 Pts   -  
    I agree with agsr.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    I think the size of the US military will increase.  I'm not as sure about the nuclear arsenal, as it is controlled by international treaties.  He may just modernize the weapons we have and perhaps build new ones to replace obsolete weapons as they are phased out.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I think the investment in the military may change, and be more directed towards stronger cyber security capability vs physical number of troops.  Cyber is a much larger threat to us and growing every day.
    Live Long and Prosper
    @agsr With the increasing use of drones and automated systems, it's getting hard to draw a line between physical security and cyber security.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta , i agree with your point.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @CYDdharta , by the way, i noticed that you used the @ sign to mention me. I didn't know about that feature prior to seeing you use it. That is very convinient way to mention someone, and I will use it going forward.  I always struggled with that, as the user names are so cryptice.  Also, you quickly stepped up to be one of key quality debaters on this site - thank you for that, it is a pleasure to have you join DebateIsland community,
    Live Long and Prosper
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Donald trump is a company owner who believes global warming is not real. He would wan't fossil fuel not nuclear power. But I do believes he will increase the army.
    Nope said:
    Donald trump is a company owner who believes global warming is not real. He would wan't fossil fuel not nuclear power. But I do believes he will increase the army.
    Trump is quite supportive of nuclear power as part of the energy independence effort.  It's the global warming alarmists that object to expansion of nuclear power.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta I am confused, why would global warming alarmists object to expansion of nuclear power?
    Nope said:
    CYDdharta I am confused, why would global warming alarmists object to expansion of nuclear power?
    Global warming alarmists are a confused bunch.  A lot of the people in key leadership positions in the global warming alarmist organizations started out as no nuke protestors in the 70s and 80s.  Many more are heavily invested in solar and wind power.  If we embrace nuclear power, government subsidies that are keeping wind and solar companies afloat will dry up and they'll lose a lot of money. 
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    walterba But if they are afraid of global warming and nuclear power is another no global warming causing power source, more nuclear power would be better for their fears right? Why would they only wan't wind, solar and water power and not nuclear power if it could help with their fears? : )
    Nope said:
    walterba But if they are afraid of global warming and nuclear power is another no global warming causing power source, more nuclear power would be better for their fears right? Why would they only wan't wind, solar and water power and not nuclear power if it could help with their fears? : )
    Aside from global warming, they also fear nuclear proliferation and losing money.