frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Are there really people who believe Canada is Fake?

Debate Information

Apparently, There Are People In This World Who Actually Believe Canada Doesn't Exist

https://www.narcity.com/life/apparently-there-are-people-in-this-world-who-actually-believe-canada-doesnt-exist

Is that for real?  Who would actually think that US government made up Canada as an imaginary country?
northsouthkoreajoecavalry
  1. Live Poll

Are there really people who believe Canada is Fake?

20 votes
    1. Canada is fake
      15.00%
    2. Canada is real, but some people believe it's fake
      40.00%
    3. Canada is real and everyone knows it's real
      45.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -  
    Canada is a real country and there is no evidence or not a lot of evidence which shows that it is not a real country.
    Names
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -   edited October 2017
    This is almost as asinine as people believing they are monkeys on a spinning ball.
    SilverishGoldNovaZombieguy1987
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • SilverishGoldNovaSilverishGoldNova 1201 Pts   -   edited January 2019
    ErfisflatZombieguy1987AlofRI
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • ChangeMyViewChangeMyView 61 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat, just to be clear, do you believe that Canada doesn't exist as a country, it doesn't exist in general, etc?
    What is rationale for your disbelief? Certainly many people have visited Canada and it's easy to validate it's existance.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat, just to be clear, do you believe that Canada doesn't exist as a country, it doesn't exist in general, etc?
    What is rationale for your disbelief? Certainly many people have visited Canada and it's easy to validate it's existance.
    Yes, Canada exists. Please reread my post. The original poster argued that Canada didn't exist as it's own country, that it was merely part of the US. It went a bit overboard from there, and people exaggerated the claim.
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    For those who believe there's no such thing as Canada, then answer these questions:

Do you think the land of Canada doesn't exist, or do you think the name's just made up?
    If there's no land in 'Canada', then what's north of the United States?
    If it's not called Canada, then what is it? Does this really disprove its existence?
    What leads you to believe the area of Canada doesn't exist?

I've heard my fair share of conspiracies, though this is the most intriguing.
    Zombieguy1987
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @PowerPikachu21, To your point, I also wonder if Conspiracy theorists out there claim that Canada doesn’t exist then what did I actually visit when I went there a few times. A hologram?
    Live Long and Prosper
    This isn't a conspiracy theory, this is a joke. At least conspiracy theories have evidence.
    islander507Zombieguy1987

Wayne Dyer
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    @Erfisflat, you had me worried there. Glad you agree it was a joke about Canada being fake,
    Erfisflat
    @Erfisflat, you had me worried there. Glad you agree it was a joke about Canada being fake,
    Ya, if I'm going to back a conspiracy theory, there should be some pretty convincing, verifiable evidence. 
    AmericanFurryBoy

Wayne Dyer
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    I'm pretty sure the US government (or whoever is behind the myth of Canada) couldn't have been able to take all historical records which say Canada doesn't exist and change them without any notice. 
    Zombieguy1987
    @Fascism

What is Darth Vaders most infamous line?

Wayne Dyer
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 5967 Pts   -   edited November 2018
    Well, there is zero evidence that Canada exists. First of all, almost nobody I know claims to have ever been to Canada. Then, those people who have been here say that it is hard to tell any place in Canada from some place in the US: people speak the same language, the architecture is very similar, everybody uses dollars, same cars, same prices... Canada may very well be a part of the northern US that is made up by the government and constantly tricks people into believing it is a separate country, just so dissidents deciding to move there are easy to track and take down.

I hear you saying: "But what about Quebec?" Worry not, the explanation is simple: the government temporarily teleports people to France, where the trickery continues.

---

That was a joke. That said, there are billions people believing in much crazier things... This conspiracy theory is pretty tame in comparison to some.
    AmericanFurryBoyZombieguy1987
  • piloteerpiloteer 1577 Pts   -   edited December 2018
    Hockey exists and is totally awesome. Hockey came from Canada, so Canada must exist. But sometimes I kinda wish it didn't exist, then we wouldn't have to hear Bryan Adams or Rush. Yucky!!!!
    Zombieguy1987
  • Canada is fake along with New Zealand and Australia. The world is flat and bush did 9/11
    AlofRIOppolzerZombieguy1987
    Not every quote you read on the internet is true- Abraham Lincoln
  • @Erfisflat
    ”Some pretty convincing, verifiable evidence.”
  • AlofRIAlofRI 1484 Pts   -  
    I've been to every Province in Canada except Saskatchewan and Yukon. I've installed, repaired, rebuilt several $Million in machinery in a place that doesn't exist?? Damn, I'm good!
    Someone said they use dollars … yep, Canadian AND American, and I've been there when theirs was worth more.
    People speak the same language? Not in Quebec. Sometimes it's hard to find anyone that speaks English (or will admit it). But, like here, you can find any language in the world spoken. They have free health care, and it's GOOD. I've used it … had to pay, but, it was still much cheaper than here! And there are places there that don't look ANYTHING like here, AY? If it doesn't exist, Trump made another bogus deal with no-one and he's even dumber than I thought!
    If I was younger I wouldn't hesitate to move there if the religious right, finally, managed to take over America and our Constitution. The place that doesn't exist would then have more freedom than the U.S., AY? Great Country! AY!
  • K_MichaelK_Michael 114 Pts   -  
    Erfisflat said:
    @Fascism

What is Darth Vaders most infamous line?

The placebo effect can't account for the changing of every document in the world referencing the non-existence of Canada.

kkeck3611
    "We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." 
  • SuperSith89SuperSith89 170 Pts   -  
    Canada is really just a chunk error.  If you go there, it's just a void.  Anyone who has "gone there" just couldn't comprehend that void so their minds just came up with a land flowing with syrup and occasional French people.  
  • What are you talking about? It is fake. It’s as fake as New Zealand and global warming. It’s just the northern US.
    Zombieguy1987