frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Is India likely be a World leader in the next 20 years?

Debate Information

Currently USA dominates World influence together witha few European nations.  India has been transforming itself and quickly becoming a serious World player.  Is it realistic that 20 years from now, India can overtake the United States Dominance and become a world leader?
DebateIsland
  1. Live Poll

Is India likely be a World leader in the next 20 years?

7 votes
    1. Yes
      28.57%
    2. No
      71.43%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• No, I don't believe so.
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    I think India has a great potential. They are highly inhibited by their government corruption. Over the last 20 years they evolved as a very serious player in technology space and that trend is continuing.  Since future dominance will be likely based on techology capability, I would say that if they address their givernment inefficiency issue then they have a real chance for World leadership.
  • Within next 20 years I expect India to continue to grow and establish itself further as a tech player.  However, It is highly unlikely to become a World Leader.  Maybe 50-100 years it would have a chance, but also they need to address their highly inneffective governance structure first.
  • ueinn_9273ueinn_9273 2 Pts   -  
    Yes, with all of their production they may get out of their third world name and be much more than what they are today.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    India has stepped up in the last 20 years and is a fascinating country.  It now is a recognized exporter of technology talent, a far cry from where they were in supplying programmers for the year 2000 scare.  They also established impressive manufacturing capabilities.
    more inportantly they now demonstrated lots of original innovation, with many mega technology companies originating in India.
    I expect that in years to come India (especially Bangalore) will give Silicon Valley a run for their money.
    As far as becoming a World leader, I don't expect it any time soon.  Too much of India population is below poverty level, government corruption is incredible, and infrastructure is lacking. It stems from structural issues, ironically oppositite of China. Too much democracy at the top to get anything done Vs China command and control.
    Live Long and Prosper