frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

We should try to make ourselves some little black holes.

Debate Information

Alright, people it time to talk about making black holes. Why? Because we can. Plus you cant sea them, you will naturally be draw to them (because they are so cool and because gravity) and science things. Who thinks it is time to try make are selves black holes?
  1. Live Poll

Is it time to try make are selves black hole?

8 votes
    1. Um is that safe
      25.00%
    2. O No we don't
      50.00%
    3. I don't no
        0.00%
    4. Yes yes yes yes yes
        0.00%
    5. Eventually. But not know
      25.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Nope Do you suck at spelling.
    PowerPikachu21
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Well so do you.
    PowerPikachu21
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    It is a black hole. How dangers can it be? What's with the poll?
    esthherPowerPikachu21
  • esthheresthher 9 Pts   -  
    @Nope um yeah cause black holes aren’t dangerous. OMFG HOW UNEDUCATED ARE YOU. there’s a reason why we don’t know much about black holes and that’s because it’s too dangerous to get close to them, we would literally get sucked in and never be able to get out again. if it can suck light in i think it would be able to suck in the earth. sure we can make black holes. you can test them out for us. your plan, your risk
    PowerPikachu21
  • KT_CarlyKT_Carly 13 Pts   -  
    Sure, make some cool black holes and suck yourself in. It sure will hurt ;)
    PowerPikachu21
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    esthher and KT_Carly Um. Well not if you stay a good distance from the event horizon. Like the sun just don't get close. It's not like it's going to chance you.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Gravity does not suck. It is a joke. No no one. Because Eisenstein theory on gravity and suck meaning bad. You guys come on that was a good one. Fine : )
  • PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    I usually don't mind people who don't know much english, but I'm forced to say: Go back to English class! Or use Google Translate. Roasting yourself about your own bad grammar is also painful to watch.

Anyways, it sounds like you want to become a black hole. I don't see how that would make sense.

If you just want to create a black hole, there's many problems with this, which I'll list below: 

1) Explain how you plan on making a black hole. The majority of black holes are created from super dense stars exploding. Look at this site: https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/k-4/stories/nasa-knows/what-is-a-black-hole-k4.html Even if you figured out how to make a black hole, you might die in the process of making it.

2) Black holes have an insane gravity pull, which means nothing can get away from it. Not even light; the fastest thing known. You probably will not be able to go anywhere once the black hole is made.

3) How would you contain the black hole? It pulls everything towards its center, like glass, air, wood, whatever you can think of, it will get pulled in.
  • ErfisflatErfisflat 1675 Pts   -  
    I usually don't mind people who don't know much english, but I'm forced to say: Go back to English class! Or use Google Translate. Roasting yourself about your own bad grammar is also painful to watch.

Anyways, it sounds like you want to become a black hole. I don't see how that would make sense.

If you just want to create a black hole, there's many problems with this, which I'll list below: 

1) Explain how you plan on making a black hole. The majority of black holes are created from super dense stars exploding. Look at this site: https://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/k-4/stories/nasa-knows/what-is-a-black-hole-k4.html Even if you figured out how to make a black hole, you might die in the process of making it.

2) Black holes have an insane gravity pull, which means nothing can get away from it. Not even light; the fastest thing known. You probably will not be able to go anywhere once the black hole is made.

3) How would you contain the black hole? It pulls everything towards its center, like glass, air, wood, whatever you can think of, it will get pulled in.
    That's some interesting science fiction. 
    Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    PowerPikachu21 I am still taking English class. But science it is tenth grade English they don;t teach us spelling. I know good English. But the hole spelling and gamer thing confuses me. Their are just to many rules. : ( You would create a black hole with the hadron collider. You no the machine that collides particles and a super powered laser to create black hole made of concentrated energy. That way they should not have any more mass than a city. They would have a event horizon that is microscopic or die do to Hawking radiation really quickly. Their is a reason I said little. The stable little black hole would be crated in space and will have a satiable orbit around earth. We can better study the unstable black hole made by the hadron coliider and use the stable black holes Hawking radiation as a source of energy. It is a great plan. Like I said the black hole is not going to chase you. : )
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -  
    @PowerPikachu21
    You give him fallacies for every post he made, but your argument about his English is literally an ad hominem. 
    BaconToes
  • FascismFascism 344 Pts   -   edited November 2017
    @PowerPikachu21
    Also one of his posts which you gave a fallacy for had nothing to do with him roasting himself. It was simply a statement which you disagreed with:

Nope said:
    It is a black hole. How dangers can it be? What's with the poll?

• PowerPikachu21PowerPikachu21 213 Pts   -  
    @Fascism It wasn't just him roasting, just talking as if he wasn't the original poster and acting dumb. I just got annoyed really quickly. Sorry about that.

@Nope Could you give me a link that suggests this hadron collider can make a black hole? And yes, black holes don't chase you. They do the exact opposite and force you into itself. It'll be really hard to escape, even if it's the size of a house (any smaller and I don't think it can be dense enough to be a black hole). Again, if light can't escape a black hole, you can't escape a black hole. Please read the link I sent.

• NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    PowerPikachu21 Any thing with mass can become a black hole. Gravity gets weaker as you move farther from the source. If we wore to make the moon in to a black hole if you were as far from the center of the moon as you would be on the surface of the moon you gravity would not change for you if the moon was a black hole. Only if you got closer would it have the power necessary to cause real problems. So we can treat the black hole orbiting earth as if it were a pice of space rock. You can't escapee a black holes gravity or it would be really hard to only if you get close. As long as you keep your distance if it is the black hole with the mass of a city you can treat it as a city as long as you don't get closer to the point you will be in the city you should be fine. I would be more worry about Hawking radiation. But that is why we need the black hole, to produce Hawking radiation as energy. But the radiation would make us want to keep a farther distance than the gravity. Here is the link you requested http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/829067/Large-Hadron-Collider-black-hole-future-circular-collider Like I said anything with mass can become a black hole. Even little particles. But we can treat this black hole as two particles for it's SUPER short life time because it is unbelievably small. Scene it so small it will radiate away before it can do anything. But having a black hole will allow us to study it for it' extremely short life time. : )
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Cost.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    PowerPikachu21 How can a "statement they are black holes" and to questions be invalid reasoning. Why did you call them fallacy. It does not make sens. : ) 
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    The wait is almost over. In around 3 years Hadrons collider 2.0 should be done. If we are lucky this possibly over 2.7 x 10^12 watt 80km collider may have the power to create the black holes. FINALLY. : )
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    anonymousdebater
    I watch almost all of the Kurzegast videos. A black hole the size of a coin requires the mass around that of earth. Their is no way the hadron collider 2.0 is going to get that kind of mass. The best it can do is smash together to particles like atoms. They will radiate away by Hawking radiation (Steven Hawking is dead :() and the radiation of a black hole that small could not do much harm but it will give scientist the opportunity to study the black hole. : )

esthher We don't know much about black holes because we can't get close to them because they are far away and we are not able to create them now. Also the laws of physics as we know them makes them impossible to study what is past the event horizon..