frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

What is the least important of the core classes in high school?

Debate Information

I know some of you go to different schools and had different class but in general which of the core class (math, science, social study's and language arts) is the least important?
  1. Live Poll

What is the least important of the core classes in high school?

12 votes
    1. Math
        0.00%
    2. Science
        0.00%
    3. Social studes
      25.00%
    4. Language arts
      41.67%
    5. It is a tie between some of them
        0.00%
    6. I don't know but I want to see the polls
      33.33%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
11%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• ViceRegentViceRegent 68 Pts   -  
    Nothing taught in government schools is of any importance.
    DrCereal
    Nothing taught in government schools is of any importance.
    DrCereal
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    ViceRegent I disagree. I think the ability to read and white is important as it is how we communicate. Simple math is very useful.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    For me my school teaches social study's as as history and critical thinking so useful. Science teaches us things about the way the world works. (unless you don't believe in science in which case that would probably be the least useful class). Math can be at least a little useful. Righting paragraphs on novels. Um I don't know how that is supposed to help at all. If someone knows pleas tell me.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    Nope said:
    Righting paragraphs on novels. Um I don't know how that is supposed to help at all. If someone knows pleas tell me.
    "Writing paragraphs of novels. (sentence fragment) Um, I don't know how that is supposed to help at all.  If someone knows, please tell me."

:)
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta That is the problem. My high school does not care to teach grammar or spelling. (This is to be expected) So I have to try teach myself. They care about the less important writing paragraphs on novels. <span>:blush:</span> ; )
    And this is why government schools should be abolished.
    Nope said:
    CYDdharta That is the problem. My high school does not care to teach grammar or spelling. (This is to be expected) So I have to try teach myself. They care about the less important writing paragraphs on novels. <span>:blush:</span> ; )
    Why is it to be expected?
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta They would normally teach spelling in elementary and possibly middle school. Grammar I think should still be tot in high school.
    Nope said:
    CYDdharta They would normally teach spelling in elementary and possibly middle school. Grammar I think should still be tot in high school.
    I think the problem is that there is not enough emphasis on teaching the basics and too much to teaching things of little use or relevance.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    CYDdharta That is why I think it is the most useless core class in high school. : )
    No, the problem is the state stealing people’s money to fund government indoctrination centers to make mindless drones to serve the state.  Many on this site prove this with every post.
    DrCerealLibertineStates
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    I used to think that public schools were problematic but none-the-less served a decent purpose.  From that standpoint I went to a belief that public schools were getting worse, then mostly bad and today I'm sad to say that I agree with @ViceRegent on the matter of importance.

After, and I mean immediately after you learn the basics of reading, writing and arithmetic...public schools are worthless.  They are a setup for failure in the real world.  

Come to public school today!  In public schools you will learn the following critical skills:

1. How to interact in a social atmosphere built exactly like a real-world social atmosphere.
    2. How to seek out authority figures to solve your problems for you.
    3. How to expect a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chance to succeed at a basic task after you've already failed.
    4. How to learn exactly like everyone else...even if you can't!
    5. How to expect equal treatment and rewards regardless of your performance.
    6. How to circumvent critical thinking skills in favor of adopting a "Always do what your told" ideology!

This was sarcasm for everyone who didn't catch that...it's sad that I have to say that in today's world.  If that wasn't enough to convince you, see below. 

"If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

@Vaulk

But even if they provided the best education possible, they would still be immoral, for I must steal from my neighbor to fund them.
    DrCerealLibertineStates
  • VaulkVaulk 813 Pts   -  
    @ViceRegent

As much as I very much dislike debating with you.  Your suggestion that the Tax code is somehow theft of personal property is a misrepresentation and is subsequently misleading to those who otherwise might not know better.  So to clarify I offer the follow:

This is a democracy, everyone is allowed to vote in order to exact change in a manner that is acceptable to their own desires.  Those who vote and find that the majority did not vote in alignment with them are free to accept the vote and are likewise free to leave the country should they choose and opt out of any and all proposed policies, restraints, constrictions and penalties.  Assigning the term "Theft" suggests that something is happening without your consent while remaining a citizen of this country is indeed consenting to its laws and policies.
    "If there's no such thing as a question then what kind of questions do people ask"?

"There's going to be a special place in Hell for people who spread lies through the veil of logical fallacies disguised as rational argument".

"Oh, you don't like my sarcasm?  Well I don't much appreciate your stup!d".

• agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    Education system should be revamped. With advances in ealearning and technology that can provided individualized training there is little good reasonwny generic classroom approach should apply to most subjects.
    There is not enough emphasis on core learning skills and instead too much fluff.  

I'd say, lets trim down second language requirement, make social studies lighter or optional, and increase depth of math and science.  Oh yeah, and gym has to go as a required class.
    Nope
    Live Long and Prosper
    @Vaulk

i assure you the taking of my income is without my consent and therefore theft.  To argue that a majority can take my property and say it is morally acceptable because I had a votebis absurd.  By that logic, it was morally ok for Hitler to murder Jews since he was democratically elected and the Jews got a say.
    DrCerealLibertineStates
    Suffice it to say, the people may not alienate God-given rights, including property, that taking it is not a just power of the state.
    LibertineStates
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    agsr How about language arts?
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -  
    @ViceRegent
    Did you not listen to me when I described to you the "Social Contract"?
    Taxes are not theft.
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    ViceRegent First Vaulk said you could leave at any time. Second their is the constitution and bill of rights to protect some of your freedoms.
    LibertineStates
  • missmedicmissmedic 43 Pts   -  
    @Nope I would have to say science, as it can always be substituted with religious belief, because the more you believe, the less you need to know.
    DrCerealLibertineStates
  • DrCerealDrCereal 193 Pts   -  
    missmedic said:
    @Nope I would have to say science, as it can always be substituted with religious belief, because the more you believe, the less you need to know.
    The less you know, the less-informed your decisions will be. This can be very dangerous, and for this reason, I completely disagree that science is the least important of topics taught in school.
    I would say that the majority of topics (viz., the ones mentioned in this discussion) are all of equal and great importance.
    LibertineStates
    Bis das, si cito das.
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Hey My least favorite classes are winning.
    My problem with schools i they often place you in classes depending on your grade not ability. That seems like a bad idea. You are in one grade because of your age when you first inter school and all your classes are set for that grade not for you and your ability. As a IB student I have to do language arts that is to hard for me so I can do the other classes because they are all put one you depending on grade. : ( I find it interesting I am require to have 4 hyschool credits for language arts but not math. I feel school often teaches the wrong stuff. Math classes teach more advance math that probably won't help many (They will help me). Language arts classes and the essays are not very useful eather as you just analys a book and it makes me like the books less. Science can get more advance then many people need. Socials study's make focus to much one the history. I think language arts is the least useful but that is probably because I am bad at it and I am going in to a science and Math career. : )
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  

O and by the way.

X=Y(A^J) where A is a prime divorce of X, J is the number of times A is disable in to X and X/(A^J)=Y

2Y(A^J)=WK where K is the sum of the divisors of Y and W is the sum of the divisors of A

Y cannot be 1 because 3(A^J)/2>W>(A^J)

2Y(Q^G)(A^J)=WKT where Q is a prime divorcer of X not equal to A, G is the number of times Q is divisible into X and T is the sum of the divisors of Q^G.

n^1+n^2+n^3…+n^m=(Sum)

1+n+n^1+n^2+n^3+n^m=(Sum)+1

n(1+n+n^1+n^2+n^3+n^m)=n((Sum)+1)

(Sum)+n^(m+1)=n(Sum)+n

(Sum)+n^(m+1)-n=n(Sum)

n^(m+1)-n=(n-1)(Sum)

(n^(m+1)-n)/(n-1)=(Sum)

As A and Q are primes W and T can be written in the form (n^(m+1)-n)/(n-1)+1

W=(A^(J+1)-A)/(A-1)+1

T=(Q^(G+1)-Q)/(Q-1)+1

2Y(Q^G)(A^J)=((A^(J+1)-A)/(A-1)+1)((Q^(G+1)-Q)/(Q-1)+1)K

2Y(Q^G)(A^J)(A-1)(Q-1)=((A^(J+1)-A+(A-1))((Q^(G+1)-Q+(Q-1))K

2Y(Q^G)(A^J)(A-1)(Q-1)=(A^(J+1)-1)(Q^(G+1)-1)K

2Y(A-1)(Q-1)=(A-1/(A^J))(Q-1/(Q^G))K

2Y(A-1)(Q-1)=AQK-AK/(Q^G)-GK/(A^J)-K/(Q^G)(A^J)

2Y=(AQK-AK/(Q^G)-GK/(A^J)-K/(Q^G)(A^J))/(A-1)(Q-1)

The biggest number AQ/(A-1)(Q-1) can get is 15/8 when A is 3 and Q is 5

There for 2K>AQK/(A-1)(Q-1)

There for 2Y>2K-I as The smallest K can get to Y is when both are 1

DrCereal
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    Nope said:

O and by the way.

X=Y(A^J) where A is a prime divorce of X, J is the number of times A is disable in to X and X/(A^J)=Y

2Y(A^J)=WK where K is the sum of the divisors of Y and W is the sum of the divisors of A

2Y(Q^G)(A^J)=WKT where Q is a prime divorcer of X not equal to A, G is the number of times Q is divisible into X and T is the sum of the divisors of Q^G.

n^1+n^2+n^3…+n^m=(Sum)

(Sum)+n^(m+1)=n(Sum)+n

(Sum)+n^(m+1)-n=n(Sum)

n^(m+1)-n=(n-1)(Sum)

(n^(m+1)-n)/(n-1)=(Sum)

W=(A^(J+1)-A)/(A-1)+1

T=(Q^(G+1)-Q)/(Q-1)+1

This comment was 100% substantial. I did not think that possible. But I guess it is very important.
    DrCereal
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited February 2018
    I think the learning of language arts is the least important of the options given.
    Nope
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    I meant
    n+n^2+n^3…+n^m=(Sum-1)

1+n+n^2+n^3…+n^m=(Sum-1)+1

n(1+n+n^2+n^3…+n^m)=n((Sum-1)+1)

(Sum-1)+n^(m+1)=n(Sum-1)+n

n^(m+1)-n=(n-1)(Sum-1)

(n^(m+1)-n)/(n-1)=(Sum-1)
    (n^(m+1)-n)/(n-1)+1=(Sum)

(n^(m+1)-n)/(n-1)+(n-1)/(n-1)=(Sum)

(n^(m+1)-1)/(n-1)=(Sum)

(n^(m+1)-1)/(n-1)=1+n+n^2+n^3…+n^m

There for (n^(m+1)-1)/(n-1) is the sum of the divisors of n^m when n is a prime

There for the sum of the divisors of any number is the product of its primes in the equation above

2(A^B)(C^D)…=((A^(B+1)-1)/(A-1))((C^(D+1)-1)/(C-1))…

2=(((A^(B+1)-1)/(A-1))((C^(D+1)-1)/(C-1))…)/(A^B)(C^D)…

(A^B-1)/(A-1)(A^B)=E

((C^(D+1)-1)/(C-1))…)/(C^D)…-1=M

(1+E)(1+M)=2

1+E+M+EM=2

E+M+EM=1

E=G/H

M=I/J

G/H+I/J+GI/HJ=1

G+I(H+G)/J=H

G=(A^B-1)/(A-1)

H=A^B

(A^B)=(A^B-1)/(A-1)+I((A^B-1)/(A-1)+(A^B))/J

((A^B-1)/(A-1))(A-1)+1=(A^B-1)/(A-1)+I((A^B-1)/(A-1)+(A^B))/J

A-1=I((A^B-1)/(A-1)+(A^B))/J

(A-1)(A-1)=I(A^B-1+A^(B+1)-A^B)/J
    (A-1)(A-1)=(A^(B+1)-1)I/J

AA-2A+1=(A^(B+1)-1)I/J

AA-2A=((A^(B+1)-1)I-J)/J

A-2=((A^(B+1)-1)I-J)/AJ

A=(A^B)/J-I/AJ-1/A+2

not

O and by the way.

n^1+n^2+n^3…+n^m=(Sum)

(Sum)+n^(m+1)=n(Sum)+n

(Sum)+n^(m+1)-n=n(Sum)

n^(m+1)-n=(n-1)(Sum)

(n^(m+1)-n)/(n-1)=(Sum)

W=(A^(J+1)-A)/(A-1)+1

T=(Q^(G+1)-Q)/(Q-1)+1

Sorry about that.

DrCereal
  • vicovico 2 Pts   -  
     Science educator here. I argue that the crucial element to getting things done in schools 
    is good teaching. Find out where student is, break down task, and proceed. 
    Wish that I could apply the following to all content. but I'd let student learn Soc.Studies 
    on his own, because we have too little time and too much to teach, and because people 
    become interested in history later in life, and will teach themselves.
  • vicovico 2 Pts   -  
    Citizens get onterested ihistory/gpx't later in life.They teach themselves. If something has to
    go SS would be it. I hope we can get better math teachers--- TG some are great!
  • NopeNope 397 Pts   -  
    vico
    Not that I disagree but why can people not teach them selves math to. All you need to learn complexes math like that learned in high school is the internet. Most of math is if this then that which does not need teachers to teach?

Science happens to be my favored subject manly physics.