frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Should Donald Trump be Impeached?

Debate Information

Personally, I would say no, but here are some possible structure points for an open debate:

(Affirmative) Want Trump to be impeached: Use Russia ties, Puerto Rico crisis, Twitter Posts: etc. 
(Negative) Don't want Trump impeached: Defend 1st amendment rights, declare lack of evidence, state Trump's pros, etc.

Please be kind and considerate, and I will be making posts as well to keep the argument moving. Thanks for your time!
northsouthkoreaSilverishGoldNovajoecavalrynatbaronscomey_testifykmelkevolution17
  1. Live Poll

Should Trump be impeached for high crimes and mismeanders?

15 votes
    1. Yes, he has not been capable of his position, + his actions have been contrary to the Constitution.
      33.33%
    2. No, he is capable of his job, and his actions are not against the Constitution.
      60.00%
    3. Do not have an opinion, just here to read the comments.
        6.67%
A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
22%
Margin

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• northsouthkoreanorthsouthkorea 221 Pts   -   edited November 2017
    No, I don’t believe that Trump should be impeached. This is due to him not doing anything wrong. The Democrats May want him impeached to possibly push their agenda if they have one.
    George_Horse
  • If he's impeached another puppet will take over...
    I am no longer active on DebateIsland or any debate website. Many things I have posted here and on other sites (Such as believing in the flat Earth theory or other conspiracy theories such as those that are about the Las Vegas Shooting or 9/11) do not reflect on my current views. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p6M-VgXHwwdpJarhyQYapBz-kRc6FrgdOLFAd3IfYz8/edit

https://debateisland.com/discussion/comment/18248/#Comment_18248 (Me officially stating that I am no longer a flat-Earther)
  • WilliamSchulzWilliamSchulz 255 Pts   -  
    Just to play devil's advocate here, a Democrat's agenda shouldn't be to impeach a president, as that can only come through a president's wrongs that merit such. A Democratic agenda could be calling Trump out or contesting his agenda in Congress, but an agenda shouldn't be to impeach a president. That should be a rational decision made by the whole of Congress.
    A good debate is not judged by bias, but in the context of the debate, where objectivity is key and rationale prevalent. 

• George_HorseGeorge_Horse 499 Pts   -  
    No. He has not done anything criminal or committed any violations against guidelines. 
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? " ~Epicurus

"A communist is like a crocodile" ~Winston Churchill

We're born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Only through our love and friendship can we create the illusion for the moment that we're not alone.~Orson Welles
  • joecavalryjoecavalry 430 Pts   -  
    No, he didn’t do anything wrong.
    George_Horse
    DebateIslander and a DebateIsland.com lover. 
    As a follow up question, would you consider Trump's responce to Puerto Rico, a US terretory, to be contrary to the actions a president should take to help citizens recover. People from Puerto Rico are US citizens, so shouldn't they be given the same help as a person whose home got leveled in California after the wildfires?

• NightwingNightwing 54 Pts   -   edited November 2017
    @WilliamSchulz

They were. The problem is that Puerto Rico is not using the money to fix their infrastructure. The damage in Puerto Rico is considerably greater than California as well.
    George_Horse
    Nightwing said:
    @WilliamSchulz

They were. The problem is that Puerto Rico is not using the money to fix their infrastructure. The damage in Puerto Rico is considerably greater than California as well.
    If the damage is considerably greater, then should more time / money be given to Puerto Rico? If your first point is true, shouldn't we give the money anyway and get involved with the reconstruction so that the money is being put to the best possibly use?

• natbaronsnatbarons 133 Pts   -  
    No, he did not do anything wrong and did not have communication with Russia.
    George_Horse
    I think that Trump has done a lot of wrong, maybe not the wrong to be impeached, but he has certainly done wrong in his presidency, for my opening points for why people want him impeached. Here is a source where Trump could have some possible relations to Russia.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/03/connections-trump-putin-russia-ties-chart-flynn-page-manafort-sessions-214868
    comey_testify

• @WilliamSchulz , great argument and sources!

Trump has not done anything wrong. He was not involved in any collusion with Russia. Some members of his campaign or cabinet may have. 
    WilliamSchulzGeorge_Horse
    @WilliamSchulz , great argument and sources!

Trump has not done anything wrong. He was not involved in any collusion with Russia. Some members of his campaign or cabinet may have. 
    That is a good point! As a general question, if Trump's cabinet was involved with Russia, don't you think that the cabinet, advisors to Trump, would let Trump know about Russian activities? In this case, even if Trump was not directly involved with Russia, he had the people to indirectly get him involved.

• @WilliamSchulz , he may not have been directly involved with Russia. Some members of his cabinet may have colluded, but that is not proven. 

He may also also not have told them to collude with Russia or any other country.

Mueller and the democrats may be trying to get Trump impeached, but aren’t able to possibly, because he did not collude with Russia.
    WilliamSchulz
    @WilliamSchulz , he may not have been directly involved with Russia. Some members of his cabinet may have colluded, but that is not proven. 

He may also also not have told them to collude with Russia or any other country.

Mueller and the democrats may be trying to get Trump impeached, but aren’t able to possibly, because he did not collude with Russia.
    You are correct that Trump can't be immediatly guilty of Russian relations, in criminal law it is always "Innocent until proven guilty." If you want, I have a source above that shows possible relations to Russia. For points of moderating the debate, I am kind of switching between pro and con to make the discussion interesting, so my question to you is: If Trump told his advisors not to collide with Russia, then why did he not make this public to the people that his advisors had nothing to do with anything? Second, when confronted, why did some people like Sean Spicer retire or James Comey fired for investigating him over this? If Trump is truly innocent, then why not releace every document, knowing that he was innocent?