frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Do you think Donald Trump will change USA for the better?

Debate Information

the country and the World is polarized around this topic, with many taking extreme positions. 
DebateIslandthe_worldmelanielust
  1. Live Poll

What do you think?

27 votes
    1. Trump will make it better
      74.07%
    2. Trump will make it worse
      25.93%
Live Long and Prosper

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• kuleonWagnerkuleonWagner 13 Pts   -  
    Donald Trump will make the USA better.
    Schatzi11mjhhjm90
  • kamna_91828kamna_91828 13 Pts   -  
    Yes, I believe that he will.
    Schatzi11mjhhjm90
  • islander507islander507 194 Pts   -  
    It depends if he can gain support to unify the nation and push his agenda through.  He has demonstrated commitment to action and most people cannt deny that.
    There will be winners and losers, but I believe that most Americans will be better off.
  • Trump will surely make it better.
    mjhhjm90
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    I think he already has, especially considering what the alternative was.  Further, I think he's already done the country a service by showing how unreasonable the opposition is and how far the mainstream media will go to promote one side over the other.
    aarongmjhhjm90
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    I think he will make it much better, but I am not ready to give him credit yet.  I would like to see some time in his tenire to make a difference.  He is struggling with opposition, and I hope he can overcome that adversity to make a difference for the Country.
    mjhhjm90
    Live Long and Prosper
  • He already started.  I am confident he will succeed.
    mjhhjm90
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    Trump polarized the country, made us a laughing stock with other world leaders, made our long time allies question our relationship.  The list goes on.
    that's just a start.  It' a scary thought what the next 3 years and 10 months be like.
    mjhhjm90
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • Wsj just published results of a poll

Many Americans Disapprove of Trump But Are Open to His Agenda.  The poll found that 44% of Americans approve of Mr. Trump’s job performance, while 48% disapprove, making him the first president of the post-World War II era with a net negative approval rating in his first gauge of public opinion.  

Since it is coming from WSJ, which is typically anti-trump, I am somewhat skeptical and I am not sure if the poll is biased.  That said, it is consisent with the sentiment that many are still anti-trump or have a wait and see attitude.  I am personally optimistic that he is already making good progress and will do very well for our country.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/many-americans-disapprove-of-trump-but-are-open-to-his-agenda-poll-finds-1488117602

• bruce706bruce706 7 Pts   -  
    @agsr
    very sensible view. Why can't more people take a similar approach. Why root against him?  How will that help the country. 
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    @bruce706 , thank you for your excellent point.  He is already in charge and Americans will be best served to make him successful.  The polarization of the country by the liberals and the media is just not helping.  Being optimistic about the future is a key part of any society.  People will be happier if they wake up every morning believing in the positive change that Trump will bring instead of rootinf against him.  
    Live Long and Prosper
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    I don't agree with the point that just because he is in charge we should all just root for him.  That sounds more like Stalinism era or George Orwell 1984. If we don't agree with the leadership, we shouldn't just support them. If we believe that the leadership is messing up the country then We should wake up every morning hoping they will get overthrown or impeached.
    there will be winners and losers with changes that trump will bring.  There are those who love Trump and wish him well, and those who not so much...
    so post-Trump America will be a better place for some and much worse for others.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
  • model67model67 54 Pts   -  
    I think financially Trump will have a positive impact in our economy, in some cases at the expense of the environment and removing financial regulations that protect the middle class.  However, socially, we are going back.  Trump is probably the last baby boomer president.  He does not seem as a person who understand our new social reality and his social views are rooted in the 50s.  His presidency is going to be a peyote ride for all of us.
  • Well, I politely disagree with some arguments. As said by  model67, who made a great point, Teump is good in some ways. He will be great economically, but not so great for the social aspect and policies. That also applies to immigration and its policies as well.
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    As @model67 and @rumba_policies ;
    pointed out the issue is not single-sided. "Usa" and "better" are subjective.  Clearly some of the social issues will be drastically impacted for certain groups, and it will not be 100% winners or losers.
    I don't completely agree with @model67 re the baby boomer concern.  On that particular point I am not sure if you are advocating to elect a millennial President who will be more "cool".   I realize that Obama was a bit younger, but that shouldn't be a knock against Trump and other Presidents in that age group.  
    Live Long and Prosper
  • Yes, I truly believe that he will greatly improve America.
  • mandm_17mandm_17 2 Pts   -  
    Yes, I believe so.
  • inc4tinc4t 186 Pts   -  
    At a minimum no one will argue that he will change USA.  Amount of change and activity is difficult to keep up with.
  • ludil_hanzaludil_hanza 3 Pts   -  
    Yes, certainly.
  • lema_larma1982lema_larma1982 2 Pts   -  
    Donald Trump will make it better. He is already improving the country.
  • love2debatelove2debate 186 Pts   -  
    It's interesting to see both the poll and especially read comments on this debate.  Poll is clear towards Trump - I agree as well.  Comments provide good insights on various sub-issues . I especially like the discussion @model67 initiated about age differences.  Although somewhat off-topic, 
    I find it interesting that many of our recent presidents have interesting profiles when it came to women.
    Trump - has a hot super model wife
    Obama - arguably the youngest and coolest of the bunch, but not women-related issues surfaced during his presidency
    Bill Clinton - probably the biggest womenizer, and the Monica situation. 

• wouldmrouserwouldmrouser 2 Pts   -  
    Donald Trump is making the United States better.
  • tropicalbacontropicalbacon 17 Pts   -  
    I believe Trump will not make America better for the people who need it most. He continues to hold back his tax returns, and while this alone does not prove his guilt in this situation, I certainly believe the people of our country should look at this with suspicion. He continues to discriminate against the people, even going so far as to poke fun at a disabled person. He ignores blatant science in the name of doubt, while science proves he shouldn't be trusted. If he truly gets as little sleep as he claimed to in an interview, 3-5 hours, he would be intoxicated for 1-3 hours of the day. Once you go without 18 hours of sleep, your brain resembles the mental capacity of an intoxicated person's. As climate change grows more and more urgent, he continues to ignore it. I live in Alaska, and I can visibly see the affects, and I have since I was 10. We get less and less snow every year. While everyone who lives here is used to years where we get less than usual, this has been a steady decline for four years. Our biggest year was 6 years, and we haven't gotten anything close since then.
  • hjjnh_1919hjjnh_1919 17 Pts   -  
    I have to say, I understand @tropicalbacon 's point.
    @tropicalbacon , many people can function perfectly fine with very little sleep.  Everyone is different.
    Trump shouldn't have to share he tax returns.  He has a complex business, and it should be acceptable for him to appropriately make large deductions to strategically keep a low tax bill.  If there is an issue then it should be between him and IRS auditors, not every critic in the World.
    I agree with you regarding climate change. I believe it is real and should be dealt with.  That is one of the aspects where I disagree with Trump's policy, but overall I think he is making bold moves to make our country better.
  • melanielustmelanielust 285 Pts   -  
    Trump is playing a pretty dangerous game right now with all the changing foreign entanglements. Domestically, he might make economic improvements, but they will come about after a period of crisis from their immediate effect; for example healthcare
  • WhyTrumpWhyTrump 234 Pts   -  
    @melanielust, agreed about disruptive nature of his proposed healthcare impact.  I question however if any of these changes are "improvements"
    WhyTrump - a good question
  • agsragsr 881 Pts   -  
    President Trump at this point initiated unprecedented number of changes. We will need time to see impact of all of this over time.  I am optimistic that most of the changes will be positive for us.
    Live Long and Prosper
  • ale5ale5 263 Pts   -  
    If we take a checkpoint at this time in his Presidency I can say that he caused absolute chaos in the US and the World with no meaningful positive change yet.
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible
    - Walt Disney
    Despite tremendous pressure, Trump is fighting adversity and making a difference.  Happy Birthday Donald.
    the_worldCYDdharta
  • the_worldthe_world 32 Pts   -  
    Yes, and now they are using tax payer dollars to fund a democratic witch hunt and Trump.
    CYDdharta
    @the_world, great point