frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland.com is the largest online debate website globally where anyone can anonymously and easily debate online, casually or formally, while connecting with their friends and others. Users, regardless of debating skill level, can civilly debate just about anything online in a text-based online debate website that supports five easy-to-use and fun debating formats ranging from Casual, to Formalish, to Lincoln-Douglas Formal. In addition, people can improve their debating skills with the help of revolutionary artificial intelligence-powered technology on our debate website. DebateIsland is totally free and provides the best online debate experience of any debate website.

Communities

Was Obama's protecting of Hezbollah to insure Iran Deal a crime?

Debate Information

Obama protected Hezbollah drug ring that was importing drugs into the U.S.to "secure the Iran Deal". Was this a crime?
kmelkevolution17
  1. Live Poll

Was protecting Hezbollah a crime?

5 votes
    1. Yes
      80.00%
    2. No
      20.00%

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted To Win
Tie

Details +

Post Argument Now Debate Details +

Arguments

• someone234someone234 647 Pts   -  
    The CIA has for a long time made deals with Hezbollah to reduce the terrorist attacks they otherwise would have done to USA. This is called diplomacy, you need to learn how negotiation works and stop thinking in absolutes.

Disclaimer: I copy myself as I first wrote this on CD http://www..com/debate/show/Obama_protected_Hezbollah_drug_ring_from_law_enforcement
  • Obama and Hillary Clinton should go to jail for the Uraniam One Deal, etc. Hillary Clinton should also go to jail for her emails.
  • CYDdhartaCYDdharta 1823 Pts   -  
    The CIA has for a long time made deals with Hezbollah to reduce the terrorist attacks they otherwise would have done to USA. This is called diplomacy, you need to learn how negotiation works and stop thinking in absolutes.

Disclaimer: I copy myself as I first wrote this on CD http://www..com/debate/show/Obama_protected_Hezbollah_drug_ring_from_law_enforcement
    It's one thing to make deals with factions, it's another to override multi-national investigations of terrorist organizations, as was done by the Obama administration;

https://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/obama-hezbollah-drug-trafficking-investigation/

@CYDdharta The amount of peace that resulted from it is something you will never know as you can never measure how much didn't happen.
    @CYDdharta The amount of peace that resulted from it is something you will never know as you can never measure how much didn't happen.
    Allowing Iran to expand it's power throughout the Middle East and beyond isn't an effective way of creating peace, at least not a lasting peace.
  • MikeMike 97 Pts   -  

If that is true, making a drug deal to kill our own citizens with a terrorist group to supply those drugs for profit in order to stop terrorist attacks within our country, makes the leaders of our country no better than those terrorists.  The CIA falls under the President.
  • someone234someone234 647 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @CYDdharta Do you know 9/11? That was babyish compared to Hezbollah's capabilities.

Al Qaeda was hated even by their own nation and same is with ISIS but Hezbollah has links to Pakistani Intelligence, Iranian government to the highest General in the Army and Syrian backing financially (although that's dwindling due to the war) even Taliban fears and respects them as do ISIL.

The only extremist group not to bow down to Hezbollah when they put their foot down is Hamas and since Hamas stands against Israel and Hezbollah put Hamas in their place, USA enjoys working with them. They are the biggest and baddest extremist Islamic group because they are lowkey legal in countries that are not even relevant to where they are based (Lebanon). So, just by allying Hezbollah and letting them get away with a few dirty deeds, USA keeps them passive and tames the other groups who would otherwise be much more capable of hurting USA's fight in Syria as well as their homeland.

Do note that even though Hezbollah is based in Lebanon they actually represent the interests of other nations (Iran, Syria and Pakistan) much more.
    @Mike If the CIA were to completely expose what has happened, you'd be seeing terrorism on a level you cannot even begin to imagine. They have government ties and REAL INTELLIGENCE to massively hurt USA with guerrilla warfare if they wanted to.
  • MikeMike 97 Pts   -   edited December 2017
    @someone234 ;If you feel that is the case, we should then go to war with those entities who are killing our citizens with drugs. In other words, “a war on drugs,” which includes those suppliers who are at war with us using drugs to kill our citizens. The way I see it, what they are doing to us is a more subtle and dangerous form of “guerrilla warfare,” than blood in the streets. Having blood in the streets will rise national awareness to confront the problem rather than complacency in a dying drug infected society.
    @Mike The problem with idealism isn't that you aim for more than can be achieved, that's noble and I admire it in you; the issue is that in being idealistic at every single stage of putting your ideals into practicality, you end up assuring that you never do win whatever ideal it is you fight for because you lose sight of what matters most in the massive array of morals that chain you.

I used to be a cold rationalist but I grew to be more optimistic like you, the difference is I understand that in a world where there is never a 100% 'safe' way to deal internationally you need to ally the most powerful enemies as your pride is worth less than your people's safety.
  • MikeMike 97 Pts   -  
    @someone234 ;
    Such conflicts we are discussing is not new to humanity. From history, “violence” is in part, a function of social evolution. That is, there are dynamic channels of freedom in conflict with dynamic channels of resistance, at times leading to violence. This is predicated on the “constructal law” (a unification theory of evolution within thermodynamics) and states, “For a flow system to persist in time (to live), it must evolve freely such that it provides greater access to its currents.”

The evolution of culture is the flow of good ideas, and/or philosophical persuasion, to provide greater access to the currents of social harmony via our “unalienable Rights,” a version of the constructal law. Because the evolution of technology, the globe is becoming an effective local neighborhood; and therefore, the “melting pot” of culture is inevitable in units of generational time; hence, cultural globalism.

Those who feel “violence” will solve their crusade against cultural globalism will fail, because it goes against a physical law in nature. Relative to their crusade, violence will not solve their plight, only speed up their extinction. 

@Mike I am to the left wing (or to centrists) what you are to the right wing.

I also totally support the idea of a one world nation but to me, force will have to be a part of it. To me, it's about timing the aggression and stabbing these maniacs in the back when we can. They know USA would tear them apart the millisecond they're no longer an "enemy's enemy" of any kind but for now they are buddies with USA because that's the safest for both.

Whether drug trafficking was hidden or not, the highest important is national security and the decisions Obama made were always very clearly to keep Americans safe. Trump on the other hand... Let's just say that he likes his poker a little 'loose'. (If you don't get the reference then sorry)
  • MikeMike 97 Pts   -  
    @someone234
    A globalist culture does not imply a “one world nation.” As for “left wing” or “right wing” are vague terms meaning little to me. My philosophy is centered on the physical laws of nature of which we are a product there of. My focus is on the symmetry of those physical laws to human behavior, while traversing the fine line between science, philosophy, faith and politics in contrast with morality, economics, and the rule of law.
    @Mike You are aware that in nature rape, bullying and throwing sh** was the norm, right?
    @CYDdharta Do you know 9/11? That was babyish compared to Hezbollah's capabilities.

Al Qaeda was hated even by their own nation and same is with ISIS but Hezbollah has links to Pakistani Intelligence, Iranian government to the highest General in the Army and Syrian backing financially (although that's dwindling due to the war) even Taliban fears and respects them as do ISIL.

The only extremist group not to bow down to Hezbollah when they put their foot down is Hamas and since Hamas stands against Israel and Hezbollah put Hamas in their place, USA enjoys working with them. They are the biggest and baddest extremist Islamic group because they are lowkey legal in countries that are not even relevant to where they are based (Lebanon). So, just by allying Hezbollah and letting them get away with a few dirty deeds, USA keeps them passive and tames the other groups who would otherwise be much more capable of hurting USA's fight in Syria as well as their homeland.

Do note that even though Hezbollah is based in Lebanon they actually represent the interests of other nations (Iran, Syria and Pakistan) much more.
    Al Qaeda had much stronger ties to the ISI than Hezbollah ever did.  They also had ties to Iran, Sudan, Yemen, Somalia, etc.  Hezbollah may have access to greater resources, as it was created by the Iranian government, but that direct link to a government limits what they dare to do.  There is a government that can be held accountable for Hezbollah's actions.  Al Qaeda formed and operated independent of any government.  The Taliban was allied with al Qaeda, but was hardly in control of them.  That freedom of action made al Qaeda much more dangerous than Hezbollah could ever be.  That said, Hezbollah is a significant danger.  As such, and considering their direct ties to Iran, Obama should have been cracking down on Hezbollah wherever possible, not allowing the terrorist organization to grow.
    @CYDdharta a bigger danger behaving itself is a lesser danger at the end result but I was speaking of potential.
  • MikeMike 97 Pts   -  
    @someone234

Life (including humans) are part of nature, therefore, life is a way for nature to see and experience itself. A civil society is also part of nature where “rape, bullying” and other uncivil events going against the “Golden Rule” are not part of any “norm” in the evolution of a civil society.  

I do agree, in an uncivil society rape, bullying and other uncivil events are the norm; and therefore, also part of nature.

However, history demonstrates societies strive to be civil, where uncivil societies follow a path towards extinction. 

@Mike if you're going to use the scapegoat argument that being civil and fighting what's natural is itself natural then you also have to see all political systems as natural by your own definition.
  • MikeMike 97 Pts   -  
    @Mike if you're going to use the scapegoat argument that being civil and fighting what's natural is itself natural then you also have to see all political systems as natural by your own definition.
    Very true! Whatever species of life (including humans) evolve into groups such as: schools, flocks, packs, tribes, including political systems; in time, either survive or go extinct. That my friend is not only “natural,” but part of evolution.